• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Great job Bethesda, over a year and you still can't fix your game.

Rolled a sneak/assassin character, so looking forward to this journey.

I started in Markath, doing the quest line to get the Armor of the Old Gods set. Got almost finished, over an hour of work, until the idiot fallen king gets glitched and instead of escaping, simply runs in place at the exit gate.

I tried every conceivable trick to "un-glitch" him....so I wasted most of my play time that evening for nothing.

Tonight, I decided to kill Astrid, destroy the Dark Brotherhood so I can take her gear as well as all the gear at their sanctuary. It always worked before.

I took the quest to kill the old hag at the Orphanage, no problem.

Went back to Whiterun, rented a room. In total, my character has walked the streets and slept at an Inn a total of 5 game days/nights, no Couriers, no Astrid.

Another colossal waste of my time.

If this sucked any more ass, my PC would smell like a pig farm...

Suleku

The Grey Knight
Went back to Whiterun, rented a room. In total, my character has walked the streets and slept at an Inn a total of 5 game days/nights, no Couriers, no Astrid.
Another colossal waste of my time.

^ This happened to me too :sadface: tried using console commands to fix the problem but blah... My game was Fked after that... Then had to start over... made sure to uninstall any mod that was causing the issue. This time around fine like as a bug and finished with the Dark brotherhood questline.

Skulli

Strange thing is, my mods are the exact ones I used the last 3 times my characters did these quests with zero issues.

Total waste of lots of my time due to this load of crap.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
Try the Unoffical Skyrim Patch if you didn't hear or if it yet, but if you have it, then we all know Bugs is the biggest issue in all Bethesda's Open World RPG's, if it doesn't have bugs you can't count it as a Bethesda game. So your best shot is to try your luck with console commands (google is your friend, so google the bugged quest name) and if you weren't lucky, then it's time to make a new character (again).

Bugs is why nobody would call Skyrim the best game in the world, when Bethesda makes an awesome open world RPG that isn't riddled with bugs, it will be the perfect game that you will play for for eternity

Skulli

I have the Patch.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
we all know Bugs is the biggest issue in all Bethesda's Open World RPG's, if it doesn't have bugs you can't count it as a Bethesda game. So your best shot is to try your luck with console commands (google is your friend, so google the bugged quest name) and if you weren't lucky, then it's time to make a new character (again).

Bugs is why nobody would call Skyrim the best game in the world, when Bethesda makes an awesome open world RPG that isn't riddled with bugs, it will be the perfect game that you will play for for eternity

Skulli

Funny thing now, on a totally different character I did exactly the same process but on this guy, the courier approached me as soon as I fast traveled to Whiterun, killed Astrid, blah blah blah.

Only character that got glitched happens to be the ONLY character I really, really needed to get this done.

Wow.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I had the same bug as well as another bug where after the Saarthal quest for the college, Onmund came back to the college and was just spamming all of his available destruction spells at one of the glowing orbs around the sides of the hall of elements. Well long story short, he ended up hitting my follower and they quickly dispatched him.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
Tonight, I decided to kill Astrid, destroy the Dark Brotherhood so I can take her gear as well as all the gear at their sanctuary. It always worked before.

I took the quest to kill the old hag at the Orphanage, no problem.

Funny thing now, on a totally different character I did exactly the same process but on this guy, the courier approached me as soon as I fast traveled to Whiterun, killed Astrid, blah blah blah.

Only character that got glitched happens to be the ONLY character I really, really needed to get this done.

Wow.

Did you talk to Aventus Aretino and turn in the quest? Not doing that could keep the quest from proceeding.

If you did, you can try the console command setstage DB02 10. You may then have to follow with coc AbandonedShackInterior to place yourself in the correct location.

Skulli

Did you talk to Aventus Aretino and turn in the quest? Not doing that could keep the quest from proceeding.

If you did, you can try the console command setstage DB02 10. You may then have to follow with coc AbandonedShackInterior to place yourself in the correct location.
Yes, I even sold off his family heirloom.

Like I said, doing everything exactly the same on 2 previous characters as well as the newest one this morning, it all worked as intended.

Only time it F'd up is on the ONLY character I have whose RP was centered around this event. That's the only reason I'm so perturbed over it.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
Aela bugged out on me the other day. She got stuck in "run mode" for lack of better term. I could still interact with her normally when she got stuck on a wall or something. But she went complete Forrest Gump. I followed her almost to Marcarth before she ran off a cliff. I don't know if she died But I couldn't catch back up with her.

Suleku

The Grey Knight
Yes, I even sold off his family heirloom.

Like I said, doing everything exactly the same on 2 previous characters as well as the newest one this morning, it all worked as intended.

Only time it F'd up is on the ONLY character I have whose RP was centered around this event. That's the only reason I'm so perturbed over it.

You could do what I did... lol Create the same character and then use the console commands in order to get your skills/perks back from that last save then pray for mercy. Too see if the Bethesda lords will let you complete the quest unbugged

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
It's almost like the game was reading your mind, just waiting for the right character type to come along. Sorry my advice was no help, though I am reminded of the time my own game got messed up because I couldn't get Marise Arvel's misc quest for ice wraith teeth to get out of my journal. That's not game breaking of course but was extremely annoying. Restarting the game, even with the exact same mods setup never got me that error again. It was weird.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts