• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kaylasaur

I did the quest where you invade the Black-Briar place, and steal their horse, Frost. I wanted to keep Frost, (I forget which option I chose) and he told me I'd regret it. I'd seen about two thugs, and they both said the same thing. "Louis Letrush sent for you, and this is what you get for two-timing him," or something like that... And when I fast travel, like to a city, I come out of a building and Louis is always there, standing next to Frost. I tried to kill him, but he's marked as essential for some reason and won't die. It's not a huge problem, but it's a little annoying to see him standing there all the time, and I don't even have the option to talk to him. The only DLC I have installed is Hearthfire, and I have no mods. So could it just be a bug with the quest?

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Probably a glitch. That quest along with Blood on the Ice is known to be horrendously glitchy, especially on the console versions.

Also, welcome to the site!

Sean

lost somewhere
There has always been a bug with Louis, originally it was a problem with him being multiplied, but that part has since been patched.

There is nothing you can do about it with you only being on a console.
If you had the PC version too, then I would recommend to use that to fix your save.

Louis is supposed to spawn to confront and try to kill you out in the Wilds, but is spawning gets screwed up, and Bethesda hasn't been able to fix him fully.

There is a similar thing that happens even if you side with him:
You end up finding Louis out in the wilderness, two thugs go up to him and say "You don't steal from Mayven," (or something to that effect) and they kill him.
Yet he shows up outside of Whiterun Stables just standing there.

He isn't essential for me though, but that part may be from helping him out instead of stealing Frost.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I did the quest where you invade the Black-Briar place, and steal their horse, Frost. I wanted to keep Frost, (I forget which option I chose) and he told me I'd regret it. I'd seen about two thugs, and they both said the same thing. "Louis Letrush sent for you, and this is what you get for two-timing him," or something like that... And when I fast travel, like to a city, I come out of a building and Louis is always there, standing next to Frost. I tried to kill him, but he's marked as essential for some reason and won't die. It's not a huge problem, but it's a little annoying to see him standing there all the time, and I don't even have the option to talk to him. The only DLC I have installed is Hearthfire, and I have no mods. So could it just be a bug with the quest?
Wait until he starts showing up in Whiterun and every other City you're in. I found that the only way to get rid of him is to tattle on him before you even start the Frost quest to Maven. She takes care of him but good. On the other hand, I just like beating the crap out of him over and over again since he's such a creep. If he died then I wouldn't have anyone to take my stress out on after a long questline. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts