• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wraypau

I did the blind man / sneak level up trick, and lost my companion. Basically i went into the cave, and took off all my armor, told my companion Lydia, to wait at the door. I put rubber bands on controller, and went back to work...

When i got home, I was at level 92, which is good enough for me, but I cannot find Lydia. I went back to Whiterun, and cannot find her. She isnt laying around the cave dead? I dont know where she went, but need to find her. She was holding a lot of stuff for me, and was a good fighter also...

Anybody got an idea of where to find her at? I was thinking that maybe you loose a companion when you level up that much? I dont know. Any help?

Emmmmz

Better than Sliced bread!
Have you tried waiting a day and checking your house? She may be just making her way back home?

SomePink69

I have lost Lydia and Cicero. Cicero is supposedly following rite now as i can not have anybody else follow me. if i ask someone or try to hire them they say i already have someone following me. i have waited for 5 days in a row and slept 2 days and they still haven't shown up. i have also fast traveled and still no sign of either of them. they aren't in whiterun or the dark brotherhood sancuary. This means i can not proceed to do Boethiah's Calling as i cant lead anyone to become trapped at the shrine to be killed..... So sad.

shortattnspan

Have you tried waiting a day and checking your house? She may be just making her way back home?
I also lost my companion. Suckz. Only person at my house in Whiterun is my steward and she says i have a companion.
I guess i shouldnt of put in 15 hours, did a lot of quests, killed 3 dragons and all that crap if i am going to have to re-load.

Borz

I also lost Lydia. Not sure where. I just noticed she wasn't following me. I also tried to bring along someone else and they said it looked like I had someone following me. I eventually found her back in Whiterun. Not sure which building she was in. I had went back to do the brotherhood quests and there she was. Seems like I was two or three days without her. I decided not to reload and just soldier on without a companion, so it was nice that she came back.

brandon

i lost my companion the merc in the drunken huntsman. i started the db quest and never saw her again. i just got the huntress from the companions to follow me. shes better looking anyway. but i still havent found the dark elf merc from before. i might just hire a heavy armor brute next time i want a follower.

Borz

How did you get a new companion after you lost the first one? Normally, the other companions won't come. They always say "Looks like you already got someone following you."

brandon

i dont know i just told her to follow me. but i couldnt find her after i got out of the shack. i forgot which inn i had fell asleep in. and fast traveled to al of the smaller towns and inns in the middle of nowhere. she was never there and she wasnt at the drunken huntsman either.if you make them wait to long they stop being your follower. i had found a dog whose master was dead and told it to follow me. i made him wait at my house as my guard dog and after awhile the game said he went home.

Garrison

I lost my huntress as well. It's either a direct result of my joining the legion (in which case I suspect she would be back at the Companion Lodge) or else I outdistanced her in the mountains. I tend to impatiently jump down mountains, and after a few jumps it takes the follower a LONG time to catch up. Usually you can force a 'catch up' with a fast travel, but so far I've been able to find her. Would be nice if the game had either some kind of locator, or Sci-Fi aside, at least the option to dump a follower in order to pick another.

On that note, does anybody know if a follower that you dismiss retains all of the gear you gave them? Aela is garbed in matching Daedric... and while I don't miss her company, I kinda want the armor back! :)

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
On that note, does anybody know if a follower that you dismiss retains all of the gear you gave them? Aela is garbed in matching Daedric... and while I don't miss her company, I kinda want the armor back! :)

I lost Vilkas once and when I got him again at the lodge he had his old armor on; but then I asked to trade items with him and swapped one item out and then he somehow equipped the old items I had on him before.

brandon

I lost my huntress as well. It's either a direct result of my joining the legion (in which case I suspect she would be back at the Companion Lodge) or else I outdistanced her in the mountains. I tend to impatiently jump down mountains, and after a few jumps it takes the follower a LONG time to catch up. Usually you can force a 'catch up' with a fast travel, but so far I've been able to find her. Would be nice if the game had either some kind of locator, or Sci-Fi aside, at least the option to dump a follower in order to pick another.

yeah i had the merc wearing dragonscale armor and she was carrying about 10000 gold worth of loot for me. im still mad i cant find her. and i didnt get anything back from her. on the other hand i made the huntress my wife and now shes selling everything i gave her.

Wraypau

I found Lydia last night, she was at Whiterun. In the main chamber where you first talk to Jarl. She was at the dinner table waiting for me. she still had all my loot also.

Got her killed last night in Faldar's Tooth. I think we were outmatched, I tried 3 times to escape, and got killed all 3 times. I am going back to a prev save, and just going out the way I came in, until I can get more level ups and better armor.

Garrison

I found Lydia last night, she was at Whiterun. In the main chamber where you first talk to Jarl. She was at the dinner table waiting for me. she still had all my loot also.

That's encouraging; I'll check the lodge and hope she's there.

squaretwo

when you ignore, the person will leave your side, so he/she will be back at usual 'hangout' place, if the companion of course at the companion side, if your housecarl, will be at your house or at jarl place if you have no home.

I once forget where I ask my follower to wait, and finally message mention they he felt boring waiting ;)

brandon

when you ignore, the person will leave your side, so he/she will be back at usual 'hangout' place, if the companion of course at the companion side, if your housecarl, will be at your house or at jarl place if you have no home.

I once forget where I ask my follower to wait, and finally message mention they he felt boring waiting ;)
i never got that message but has anyone else lost their follower when yall started the db quest?

The Balance

Own Face.
After walking around a bit, its important to avoid losing companions and wait (just an hour) so they can catch up to you. It's a huge bug, but after getting used to waiting for an hour here and there - you'll get used it. Will save a lot of problems.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts