Looking for ideas..(RP character)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sinistar

So I've had this character for a couple of months now, created him toward the end of my time playing Skyrim (just a break, really) and now I've taken interest in playing him again, I can't really figure out much to do. Here's a summary of the character:

Name: Aldmaerius Voidreaver
Race: High Elf
Class: Voidblade, Demon Lord, Necromancer
Fighting style: A wide variety of buffs, and Frost Cloak is a must in combination with Ebonyflesh. I then Summon Dremora, and conjure my Bound Blades and join the fray with them, hacking and slashing like a madman with the occasional pause to lob an ice storm or a frost spear their way. I love this style.

Some notes about the character:
- An Altmer figurehead of the Aldmeri revolution that overthrew the royal houses of The Somerset Isles, betrayed his own family.
- An Ex-Thalmor war criminal who, upon the signing of The White Gold Concordat, was to be handed over to the Empire for execution. [Known throughout Cyrodiil, Hammerfell and even back to his home on The Somerset Isles as a ruthless killer. Practiced dark magic in the Aldmeri conflicts to decimate entire villages and legions of Imperial soldiers.]
- Smuggled out of Cyrodiil with the help of the few Thalmor agents that remained loyal under his command, who view surrendering him as a waste and would have use of his vast knowledge in the future.
- Ambushed while crossing the Cyrodiil border into Skyrim, on his way to the Thalmor Embassy. Lost everything but the clothes he was wearing, captured by Imperials who don't know exactly who he is thanks to the complex work of Aldmeri illusionists.
- Now in Skyrim he is stranded and the only Thalmor still loyal to him slaughtered in the ambush, he is forced into hiding.
- Is attacked one day by an elite pack of Thalmor with execution orders for his head, forsakes his people and his life's work.
- Is now more or less just a scourge in Skyrim, exacting his hatred and cruelty on anyone whom he sees fit. A bonus because most of them are Nords...he's even given himself willingly to vampirism.
- Worshipper of Azura, Mephala and Vaermina
- Taken it upon himself to infiltrate the College of Winterhold. (lame that you can't join Ancano)

The problem is, all I do now is go from town to town, village to small village, summoning my Dremora Lords and slaughtering the townsfolk with my voidblades/frost magic. I don't have much of a purpose..I know this will change with the arrival of Dawnguard but, some of you who RP evil characters must have something imaginative you like to do to keep the fun of your character alive. I have no interest in the Dark Brotherhood on this character. He would not associate with anyone in that organization.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Playing a evil character doesn't mean he/she/it has to be a psychopath. For any character you design and mean to role play with, it is always a good idea to flesh them out more. Likes, dislikes, family, friends, hobbies, fears, etc. As a vampire does he like to dine on the blood of common riff raft or only the high born nobles? Maybe he has a lair somewhere close to a hold where you ventures out and stalks a prey. Maybe he likes to experiment on corpses to learn more about death or undeath. Maybe he seeks a way to eliminate the setbacks of being a vampire. Many things to make the game more interesting if you just put some imagination into it!

Sinistar

Yeah, some of my evil characters in the past have been more sophisticated. This one is a true psychopath though. Sadistic and cruel, with only one purpose now: To cause suffering. I just feel silly sometimes stalking through tundra fields of mammoths as an evil sorcorous vampire, but I suppose that's the game.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Well unfortunately, playing a character who just wants to kill anything/everything in sight won't be fun for long. I would suggest alternating his character a bit to allow more role play freedom.

Sinistar

Explain what you mean. Am I supposed to do good things every once in a while? Not happening. I mean, I'll deceive people to get what I want and infiltrate groups but I don't see what limitations I could set that would change anything. Don't kill Argonians?

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
One thing is to not have him kill entire villages. Every good character worth role playing is made up of layers. They have things they like to do, hate to do, and something in between. Just try to come up with a list for your character. Is your character afraid of something things? If so have him avoid fighting it. Does he hate one thing above all? Say like, rats. Have him ignore everything he is doing if he ever spots one and attack/chase it until it is dead. Does he treat one race better than another? Is he two-faced? Does he like collecting certain things and goes out of his way to find them? Etc.

Have your character follow these patterns that make up who he is. It'll make the game so much more fun.