Xbox 360 Lockpicking Bug - Need Help!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BarbRoyle123

Double Agent
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been posted before. I have a problem with the lockpicking feature and it's really starting to do my head in.

For some reason, the lockpicks just break immediately as soon as I press the A button to enter the lockpicking option on the relevant lock without me even touching anything on the controller. No matter what I do, this seems to happen almost everytime without fail. If the lockpick doesn't immediately break on contact, it will be stuck in one position and will be immovable. Once in a blue moon the lockpick will act as normal but it takes ages to get this to happen and it's starting to take up way too much time and is taking the enjoyment out of the game. It's becoming a serious impediment to quests and makes anything I do take so much longer.

Can anybody tell me why this is happening and if there's something I can do about it? Lockpicking advanced locks is hard enough without this stupid bug. I'm on xbox 360. Thanks in advance!

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Don't know, I've never encountered that problem & I've picked a lot of locks since I first started playing.

BarbRoyle123

Double Agent
I've scoured the web for solutions too and so far I've only come across one other person who is also experiencing this glitch. I ended up having to turn the game off completely today because this is becoming such a big problem.

Doomy

Could be a controler calibration issue, or if you are on pc your mouse. Easy to test on pc by unpluging your mouse

BarbRoyle123

Double Agent
Could be a controler calibration issue, or if you are on pc your mouse. Easy to test on pc by unpluging your mouse

It does sound like that could be the issue. I hadn't thought of that. I'm on xbox and I do have another controller so I'll give that a shot tomorrow and let you know what happens. Thanks for the input :)

BarbRoyle123

Double Agent
Ok so I tried my other xbox controller. The second controller did not solve the problem entirely but the problem was improved a fair bit. The problem still happens a LOT but not as much as with the other controller. Lockpicking is still a time-consuming pain in the proverbial but the feature is a lot more usable now.

So at this stage I agree that it is a controller issue, though I do want to try it with a mate's controller just to be certain though. My controllers are probably getting a bit on the old side and it's probably time for new ones. To be honest, though, I'm not as familiar with the gaming world as some people out there = is replacing controllers every so often fairly normal?

Sorry if anything I've posted in this thread makes me sound like I'm silly. I thought I was going nuts with this problem! At least now I have an idea of what could have been behind it.

Thanks so much for the input to everyone who replied. I appreciate it so much. You're all awesome!

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
For the record, a controller last me about 6 - 8 months before I need a new one as buttons tend to used a lot & the analogue stick gets worn, especially the left one. I'm not sure if's because I'm left handed or not but I just buy them bulk ( In lots of 10 ) on eBay.

BarbRoyle123

Double Agent
For the record, a controller last me about 6 - 8 months before I need a new one as buttons tend to used a lot & the analogue stick gets worn, especially the left one. I'm not sure if's because I'm left handed or not but I just buy them bulk ( In lots of 10 ) on eBay.

Okay cheers for that! I'm actually left-handed too. Maybe it has something to do with it. I'll check out ebay for a new one.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts