Locate Brynjolf in the Ragged Flagon

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jerzeeboii

Premium Member
I've done the quest where you place the ring on some guy and he gets arrested, ok.
Bryjolf wants me to meet him in the Ragged Flagon now, but he never moves from the merchants in town. He's been standing there the entire time. Everytime I go to the Ragged Flagon everyone is just there saying "you shouldnt be here!" "finish that job Brynjolf gave you, then we can talk"
I've waited for in-game days in the Ragged Flagon for him to arrive, but it hasnt happened.
Whats going on? How do I get Bryjolf to go to the Ragged Flagon so I get my Thieves Guild quests going?

tragik

Premium Member
Jerzeeboii,

After you plant the ring and etc, you need to talk to him in the market first. Then he will say if you can find/survive the ratways to the Ragged Flagon then you're in or something..

That has already happened for you?

Jerzeeboii

Premium Member
Yes this has happened already, but he hasnt moved from town near the merchants. No idea what I have to do to trigger him to move to the Ragged Flagon / Ratway

Jerzeeboii

Premium Member
Xbox 360.
Ah I see. I didn't start the 2nd quest right after, I accepted it and kept doing other things. @.@
That must be how I attained the bug.

tragik

Premium Member
sorry to bring bad news.. but it looks like there are some "tricks" to try if you cant revert back on the save.. What's messed up is I did the same as you and didn't have issues (xbox). I actually failed the challenge due to being a mage and picked the lock at daytime.. :) Did some other stuff and came back to meet him in the flagon.

Xander

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Seems this quest chain is really bugged. Sorry you having problems to.

tragik

Premium Member
This is from the skyrim wiki:

• Possible fix for non-pc users: Stand by the right corner and use slow time this should cause him to walk to the Ragged Flagon
  • Possible fix for non-PC users: A way to get around this is by pushing Brynjolf to the door to The Ratway (by either sprinting at him or using the Unrelenting Force shout, then yielding/healing hands). Tell any followers you have to wait in Riften, save, activate the door and quickly talk to Brynjolf. (This does not work 100% of the time, so if Brynjolf doesn't appear in The Ratway, load your save.) Once you're in The Ratway with Brynjolf, attack him and run to The Ragged Flagon. Once inside, have him chase you all the way up to the bar, then yield. Talk to Brynjolf quickly, before he can leave to go back to his stall, and he will give you the next part of the quest.
  • Possible fix for non-PC users: Unrelenting force shout (if you attack him any other way a bounty and guards are involved) Brynjolf. Have him chase you to the door to the ratway. Down him as close to the door as possible, Healing hands (preferably) to get him up. the second his character model tries to get up exit via the door to the rat way, he will follow ( and continue to attack) if done correctly, repeat this inside at the Ragged Flagon door for same results (he follows you into the Flagon), he will initiate conversation upon entering the flagon and you can continue with the quest. No calm spell needed, healing hands just allows you to get him up at the right time, but is not necessary. Has been confirmed to work for Xbox.
  • Possible fix for 360 users: Specifically - Get him to chase you down to the door of The Ratway using Unrelenting force. If the guards down him wait until they move away and he will chase you again when he gets back up. You can down him yourself with damage, then if you Healing Hands on him when he's down he should sheath his weapon and be able to be spoken to. Open the Ratway door and immediately Unrelenting Shout him before it starts loading. You should see his health bar appear, if this happens he will come into the Ratway and even the Ragged Flagon. Save if it works as the Thieve members may also attack you, making this more difficult. You may want to sneak. Down him inside the Ragged Flagon with damage, fully heal him again and you should be able to finish it.

Xander

Does not appear to be any that work. i had tried previous load, a new char, and re instal. Mine is bugged a bit later on in quest line. Byrnjol is not where he should be.
I have just had to move on from the Quest line.

Xander

Any tricks to fix the dampend spirits quest when Maven says Return to Brynjol and he is nowehere? I am on pc.

Jerzeeboii

Premium Member
man...those fixes are horrible...hopefully this can be patched. I shouldnt have to push him into an area to get the quest working. =/

CopyFight

I had the same bug and made a video about it on youtube,
the solution is in the description :)

It would be nice if you like,command and maybe eeven subscribed if it helped you out!

grtz,
copyfight