• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

_MorDred_

Hi all,
I play Skyrim on the XBox 360 and have absolutely loved the game up until about 4 or 5 weeks ago. I am at level 52 and don't want to quit this game because it is one of my most favorite games to come out in many years. The problem is load times. I don't mean loading from say Whiterun to Skyrim, I mean accessing bodies and taking their content, accessing chests and taking their content, alchemy, smithing, or any other action that requires some kind of game loading. I've had times of 10+ minutes waiting to remove items from chests. I don't understand why? I know there was a Skyrim update not long ago and I haven't thought to see if that correlates to this loading lag and if it is, can I undo it? Has anyone experienced this type of problem? I'm one of those gamers where if I have invested a lot of time into a game and if I am forced to restart it, I won't because I'm not one to do it all again. Please, if anyone can offer a solution to my problem I would really appreciate it as I don't want to give up my game. :sadface:

- _MorDred_

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
10 minutes?! Damn, and I thought the load times at the start of the game and after fast travelling was bad. Even going through doors. I'm sure there's someone who can help you. Wish I could.

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
i would murder everybody in my community if my load time was 10 minutes (patience is not a virtue) i put a fan at the back of my PS3 (idk where the vent is on the Xbox) but it kinda helped, i also went in and got rid of my game cache and re-uploaded the last update

XbSuper

If you installed it, try re-installing, if not, try clearing your cache and re-downloading the updates. Hope this helps, if not, good luck.

_MorDred_

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I've never had to clear my XBox's cache before and since the update came to me, I don't know how I'm supposed to find the update to re-download it again. As for what I have done so far, which may me what you mean by clear the cache, is I've deleted a whole bunch of old saves as well as I deleted (moved really) the original update. Do I get the update from xbox.com? Again, thanks for the help.

XbSuper

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I've never had to clear my XBox's cache before and since the update came to me, I don't know how I'm supposed to find the update to re-download it again. As for what I have done so far, which may me what you mean by clear the cache, is I've deleted a whole bunch of old saves as well as I deleted (moved really) the original update. Do I get the update from xbox.com? Again, thanks for the help.

To clear your cache, go into Settings, highlight your storage unit, and press the button for info(Y I believe) it should have the option to clear the cache. The update will automatically download the next time you load the game. This will clear updates for all games(not just skyrim), requiring you to re-download them.

wakka

damn nature you scary
if the chest your talking about is in your house its prob because you have crap loads of stuff in there( the more you have in the chest longer it takes to load ) . i had the same problem until i moved stuff around, also try to keep saved files down and clean the cache like others said.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
That isn’t load time. I have a similar issue on the PC, some notifications for items added to my inventory can take minutes to appear, but I can still play normally in the meantime.

_MorDred_

Thanks again for all the feedback. This is a great forum when someone needs help.
XbSuper, I will do exactly as you suggest and will get back to you about this as soon as I can. Appreciate it.

_MorDred_

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this but my work has been swamping me lately. I just finished clearing my cache and the upgrade has just been re-downloaded. Unfortunately for me, nothing has changed which is a real bummer. On to the next game I guess, I'm going to buy The Witcher 2 and hopefully I don't have any issues with that game.
:sadface: :sadface: :sadface:

Thanks

_MorDred_

That isn’t load time. I have a similar issue on the PC, some notifications for items added to my inventory can take minutes to appear, but I can still play normally in the meantime.
I can play normally in that I can run around and fight but I can't take anything from the people, animals, dragons, and such because of the load times for removing items. This totally sucks!

_MorDred_

if the chest your talking about is in your house its prob because you have crap loads of stuff in there( the more you have in the chest longer it takes to load ) . i had the same problem until i moved stuff around, also try to keep saved files down and clean the cache like others said.
I spent about 3 hours a week ago trying to move stuff around but in all reality, I didn't remove many items in that time and was able to play 2 minute games on my Android without having items removed.

Appaullo

OK, I play on my X-Box also. Some things I noticed is when I put in to the highest HD setting it took long time to load from chests as well. I kicked it down to 720 and the load times are back to normal. I am only level 33 though. Also I delete all old saves. I only have three saves, one for each of my characters. When its time to stop I delete all quick saves, then delete the last save for the character I am playing THEN I save my game and quit. It sounds like a lot of work, but its not. Hope this helps, I cant see quiting a game like Skyrim and I hope to curb your exit from it!!

Appaullo

_MorDred_

I'll try reducing my settings as you suggest and I hope it helps. I really don't want to quit the game but imo it is unplayable the way it is.
Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-P935 using Tapatalk 2

_MorDred_

Well I've tried every bit of advice given to me in this thread and things are still bad. :mad:
I am now officially finished with this game :sadface:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts