• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
Linn's life to get where she is now. I used my blog for the first character but I will use forums for the next ones that will come.

Writes-Many-Posts

Linn grew up in Whiterun in the wealthy family Sypho. When she was a young child, her father taught her a lot about politics, the Gray-Manes and the Battleborn, the Stormcloaks and the Imperials and the Jarl/High King system. While being taught about culture by her dad, her mother taught Linn how to use the bow and hunt. She learned early to ride a horse and started hunting deer at the age of 7. When she was 8, a giant attacked Whiterun and everyone ran away as the guards tried to fight the enormous humanoid. It slaughtered all the guards and ran around the city, chasing every citizen. Linn was running away and stumbled. The huge grey-skinned primitive man raised it's club to kill the little girl. An arrow flew to it's head, but still, the giant was alive. The Companions had come to help fighting the invader. Vilkas and Farkas struck both his legs with their longswords, and the giant fell to his knees. Kodlak approached the giant on his knees, being almost as tall as it.
- Stay away from Whiterun..._ He said raising his sword and then decapitating the big man.
Aela helped Linn getting up.
- Are you okay?
- Yes... Thank you for saving me.
- We are here to fight for our city and our shield-brothers. It is our duty. Now go back to your home!
- Yes miss!
Linn ran back to her house and for that day on, she always admired the Companions. That admiration was going to create bonds that would last a lifetime.

Writes-Many-Posts

The years passed by. Linn grew up to her 17. She was a charming nord woman and had a lot of pretendants. Anyone who asked for her hand in marriage, she denied, since she was not sure about anything life had reserved for her. Her mother had died a year ago due to a failed shot at a sabre cat, which cost her mother's life and the horse's too. She kept the sabre cat's tooth to remember the mother's death and the weapon that took her life. Her father was still alive and growing old, but looked healthy and was trying to invest some septims in a new meadery. Linn repayed her debt to the Companions, helping them attack a hideout of vampires with her bow skills.
When she turned 24, she aided defending Whiterun against Stormcloaks, and earned an Imperial bow, which replaced her hunting bow.
The years passed by, and her father managed to open the meadery. Sypho Mead. It sounded good. But her father wasn't able to sell it in a single inn due to the Black-Briar influence. Those news angered Linn, but she knew nothing about the Briars except they lived in Riften. That was when her dislike of the Black-Briars began.
A month after his daughter turning 27, Linn's father passed away, because of his age. Linn had nothing holding her back in Whiterun, and so, she moved to Riften, in order to increase her politic skills.

Writes-Many-Posts

Getting to Riften was not a problem. Linn's horse was strong and allowed her to get there in less than 2 hours. As soon as she arrived, she noticed the terrible status of the city. Poor, degraded, full of crime... Rumours of the Thieves' Guild were not uncommon and the Black-Briars had an even more sinister reputation there. Linn decided to talk to some merchants to catch up the city's status.
An argonian who sold jewelry was leaning forward, relying on his stall.
- Hello...
- Greetings, miss. Are you interested in some fine jewelry?
- I am not interested in shopping yet, sorry. I want to know more about this city.
- Ah... I haven't got any good things to say about Riften. It's just the worst city in the province. It's almost impossible to be honest in here.
- That is what I want. I want to fix Riften.
- You do? Well... Do you know anything about politics?
- A lot... My father was a man of great wisdom and taught me a lot.
- Good... A lot of foreigners are coming here recently. An argonian came by last week. He had only been in Skyrim for 3 days. He is out somewhere in Falkreath according to gossips.
- Who is in charge around here?
- Being Jarl means nothing here... If you want the person really in charge that's Maven Black-Briar. Corrupt, twisted, sickly...
- How do I fix Riften?
- You can win the people's hearts. If most people love a person with power, the other one retreats or the other holds will declare war to them. Not even Maven has enough power to withstand against 8 different holds' armies.
- Good... Where do I start?
- I think you could earn some support with the Temple of Mara. They will help you building up your political campaign.
- Mara? The divine of love? She is the only divine I worship! Thank you, I will do my very best to make Riften good once and for all.
- Good luck...
- Linn. Linn Sypho.

Writes-Many-Posts

At the temple, Linn met the priest of Mara who always did the ceremonies around there.
- Hello! I haven't seen you around here... I am Maramal. Are you here to get Mara's blessing?
- Linn. A man told me to come here to ask for help in my political campaign.
- Politics? And religion? That's an odd mixture... What is on your mind?
- I am fighting against corruption and the Black-Briars to bring Riften back to some glory and...
- Say no more! I believe your intentions are good if you fight Maven. We do it like this: You help my temple in events like weddings and ceremonies and I will spread word that Mara chose a woman to bring Riften to a bright era without dishonesty!
- Deal! Here are 700 septims, for charity!
- I will guarantee that they will be put to a good use! Mara bless you! What is your party's name?
- Sypho, like my family's name.
- You are Sypho? I once tried your mead! I loved it! But I haven't seen it again in years... Did you stop making it?
- The Black-Briars stopped my father from producing more.
- Despicable! I ensure you, my Temple will make everything to stop Maven from her climbing through power. She has just too many affiliations, have you got any plan?
- Affiliations?
- Thalmor, Dark Brotherhood, Imperials and the Guild. The Companions and the Mages are some of the few who aren't sided with her.
- I helped the Companions once... I believe I could get their support...
- Good! You see... The Thieves are hated around Riften. If you promise you will end their plague, most people will follow and support you to the very end.
- Who are the other two?
- The Thalmor are just high elves. They seek power and are incredibly dangerous since they know a lot about magic and smithing. Coin is not a problem from them either... The Brotherhood is a guild of assassins. They are not very loyal and live underground. Don't anger them. Yet.
- Let's take down the Guild first...
- I am going to spread the word of the Sypho party in Riften. You should go to Whiterun and ask the Companions for their support. Also, try to make an alliance with the College of Winterhold. So that you are less outnumbered. Are the imperials a problem to you?
- No. Not at all.
- Good. Anything else before you go?
- We should get an embassy or headquarters, anything where my affiliations can meet.
- There are a few properties for sale, can you buy one?
- I have enough coin for that. But could you buy it? Here are ten thousand septims. That should do it.
- Consider it bought. I will make sure the largest building is bought.
- Thank you very much_ Linn said, before heading back outside.

Writes-Many-Posts

Linn approached Whiterun. The environment became familiar once again. The house where she lived was now abandoned. A mansion full of valious furniture and hunting trophies is now gathering dust... But she couldn't do anything about it... With the war, no one had enough money to purchase it for a fair price. Except of course, the Black Briars... She headed to Jovaskrr to ask the Companions for their support. Aela the huntress was practicing outside.
- Hello Linn. I am sorry for your loss. Your father should be in Sovngarde, he was a good man.
- Thank you... Is Kodlak Whitemane here?
- He just fought against some Silver Hands. He is inside.
Linn knew about the Companions' secret. All about it. They trusted her since the day of her help came. Kodlak was inside, sitting on a large chair eating all sorts of meat.
- Greetings Kodlak.
- Ah! Linn! Good to see you!_ He said with his mouth full. And then swallowed and stopped eating._ What do you need? Everyone who comes here needs help in something...
- I am living in Riften now...
- Oh! Good for you... It's a little stinky but if you like it, then that is the most important.
- I have started my political party to stop the corruption in Riften.
- You did? You are insane? It's suicide! The Black-Briars will kill you!
- I have the people's love...
- Really? That makes it impossible for them to kill you! Ha! I was already getting ready to kill some filthy assassin from the Dark Brotherhood or the Thalmor. You are safe!
- But I am not winning yet... I was wondering if I could get your support. The Companions' support.
- Hmm..._ The old man started pondering. It was risky to fight such power as Maven Black-Briar had. After rubbing his forehead with his elbow relying on the table, the wise Companion spoke at last_ You know... Even if I support you, it doesn't mean all my shield brothers will. I don't lead the Companions, they just respect my word.
- Everyone likes me around here, so it makes two words that are respected, it is more likely to happen now.
- So what will you do if you get our support? What is your plan?
- I will get an alliance with the mages' College and I will spread the word of my acquaintances around the province.
- Fine. I will summon everyone. Come back here in an hour and we will see if you get our support.
Linn went outside and began thinking of how to kill time. An hour had never been so long! She decided to get the Jarl's support. That would mean mostly all Whiterun would be on her side...
She kneeled to the throne and Balgruuf let her speak.
- Your highness, I am here to ask for your support...
- What else should it be, friendly chattering?
All the guards, the housecarl and the servants laughed.
- I am trying to put an end to corruption in Riften, and with it, the reign of the Black-Briar family. I have the people's hearts and I may have won the weapons of the Companions to my armory. If you could give me your hold's support, I would have power to make Maven retreat.
The Jarl looked at the young woman. She looked confident and was serious about it. Balgruuf got up and told Linn.
- Come, let's make my support official.
A scroll made of paper was taken out and the Jarl began dictating out loud.
- I, Jarl Balgruuf of Whiterun, proclaim to offer my support to Linn Sypho, who aspires to the power of Riften, leaving my soldiers at her disposal.
They both signed and the Jarl's stamp was put in the bottom: Whiterun was on Linn's side.
- I just do this because you helped me fighting against those Stormcloaks. I trust you will do a good job in Riften.
- Thank you very much!
Linn took the scroll and guarded it in her backpack. An hour had passed and one more force was on her side. Pretty well for someone new in politics.
She headed back to Jovaskrr and found everyone already inside. Only one chair was empty: Hers. She sat down and waited for the decision.
- Linn wants our support to become the Jarl of Riften. I agree with it. The Black-Briars are destroying it and it's time for them to get out of the city!
- And what chance will we have against Thalmor, Imperials, The Dark Brotherhood and the Guild alone?!
- We won't be alone... Linn, speak up!
- I have the hearts of the people in Riften, and I am heading to Winterhold to get the College's help. Even the Jarl of Whiterun gave me the disposal of his men!
Everyone looked at the nord girl amazed. How could someone so young have already such influence?
- Who agrees in supporting Sypho?
- I do!
- Me!
- I agree!
- Then it's unanimous: the Sypho party is for now on supported by almost the whole city of Whiterun!
Linn smiled as her plan began to take form.
- Make sure the College thinks the same way we do...
Time came to leave Whiterun again. It was the turn of Winterhold to become pro-Sypho!

Writes-Many-Posts

Winterhold was very far from Whiterun... Too far. Linn brought her horse that was inside the stables because the stable owner offered himself to take care of it. The stallion revealed healthy and strong. It ran fast and she arrived Winterhold in about one hour. The cold appeared to affect the horse's breathing, and Linn slapped it's back as an order for it to go back home. The College wasn't hard to spot. An enormous bridge was being guarded by an elf woman with mage robes. What else should that be?
Linn aproached the woman to convince her to let her in.
- Greetings...
- No one who isn't a student crosses the bridge.
- I look for business.
- Our college doesn't interact with the rest of Skyrim's people.
- This is for Riften. To end the Black-Briars' power once and for all!
- What have the mages to do with that?!
- I need your support! Please you have to let me in! I need to talk to the arch-mage!
- Savos Aren is not to be bothered with that.
A man appeared out of the heavy snow.
- Bother me with what?
- Savos Aren! I have come far to look for you. I need your help!
- Do you seek wisdom like everyone else who comes here?
- No... I am not interested in magic... I seek your support in political affairs.
- Hmmm... What is the help you request?
- I have to kick Maven out of Riften and restore it to a decent town. Without corruption, you see?
- Your cause is noble, but Maven has much more power than the College.
- I am not alone, all Whiterun is on my side_ Maven showed the script she had signed_ And the Companions too.
- Well... You appear to be strongly powered. The College will gladly help.
- But... Ancano and the Thalmor...
- Faralda, I trust this is a good idea. Riften is a sinister place to live. A changing person would be welcome.
The elf appeared to feel humilliated and remained silent for the rest of the chat.
- Take this wand as a symbol of the College's support, it will show our magic skills are at your disposal.
- Thank you, Arch-Mage...
Linn was leaving Winterhold when a howled came out of nowhere. Wolves were striking the city. She quickly whistled for her horse to come back and fired an arrow against one of the canines. After mounting the horse, she got out of Winterhold, leaving its people in the fangs of the wolves.

Writes-Many-Posts

Back at the temple, Linn met Maramal praying to Mara, kneeled. He noticed her presence and got up.
- Ah! Welcome Sypho! So... How much power did you gather while outside Riften?
- A lot of it! I have the support of Whiterun, the Companions and the College of Winterhold. All of them will help me cleanse Riften.
- Really? Incredible! It was more than what I expected! I bought the headquarters! A huge building, almost as big as the Black-Briar manor!
- Incredible!
Maramal gave her the key of her new house.
- Come! I will show you the Sypho headquarters.
As soon as they got out a crowd gathered around and cheered for Linn. A lot of questions came out to see what she had planned to stop corruption.
- How will you deal with Maven?
- Will you take care of the Guild?
- Are the Black-Briars going to be banished from Skyrim?
- What about Maven's affiliations?
Linn took a deep breath and replied to the questions she heard.
- Everybody, please... I will earn everyone's favor in Riften to deal with Maven. The Guild will be raided by my men as soon as I get to charge._ A man with the Guild's armor was hearing that in a dark corner.
- Brynjolf..._ Maramal whispered.
- I plan to banish the Black-Briars from Riften. The rest of the people shall decide their fate.
The crowd reacted positively to the answers.
- Maven's affiliations will no longer be an advantage, due to my affiliations as well: The Companions, all the city of Whiterun and the College of Winterhold.
Everyone was amazed by the speed the Sypho fever was spreading. The affiliations, the supporters, everything was setting up fast...
- Now if you please... Come with me to the new Sypho headquarters!
- Yeah! Hurray! Long live Linn Sypho!
After some walking with almost every citizen of Riften, Linn got to the entrance of her house.
- It's here_ Maramal said.
The lock clicked as Linn spinned the key inside it. Inside, a fireplace was on and two dogs were asleep near it. Some hunting trophies were hanging on the floor, reminding Linn of her mother.
- There is a gift for you downstaris_ Maramal said.
In the basement, four large barrels to boil and make mead were ready to be used.
- You can make the Sypho meadery famous again!
Linn hugged Maramal as her eyes welled with tears.
- Thank you so much! I will do my very best for this city.
A boy ran between the adoring fans of Linn. Still gasping, he said:
- There are some men in the entrance looking for you, miss.
Linn hurried back outside and gasped marvelled of who were expecting her. Dozens of soldiers of Whiterun and Conjurers the College had sent. All of them said at once:
- Long live Linn Sypho!
The nord failed to hold it anymore and began crying of happiness of all the devotion her acquaintances had preparing that. Sitting on a wall, Maven Black-Briar watched the party and joy that was going on next to the most recently purchased property.
- My, my... It looks like my power is no longer a sure thing... Interesting...
- Everyone, come in! There's room for everyone! Those who want me to arrise are always welcome in these quarters!
Everyone got in. The table in the living room was full of men and women, drinking, eating, willing to fight for their new woman of the people. A brown haired young man closed the door when everyone was inside and locked it.
- Long live Sypho!_ He said, moving towards Linn.
He kneeled and kissed her hand, honored by meeting Riften's saviour.
- Hulrad Yorth! At your service!
He was blushing perhaps due to being amazed by her beauty. He stayed on his knees still holding her hand.
- Do you have any need? I will gladly do anything!
- I... I don't have any problem right now...
Maramal interrupted_ She would love if you convinced the rest of Riften who still don't believe in Linn that they are wrong.
- Yes miss! I will do that right away!
The lad left energically yelling around Riften propaganda about the new politician.
- Why did you do that?
- I know Hulrad. He wouldn't leave you alone until you told him to do something...
- He was a little nervous.
- I believe he is in love with you...
- So fast?! How?
- Well you wear that amulet of Mara... and he is a love-dripper, he falls in love fast. There is a reputation around Riften about him being your lover due to some fake information he spreaded.
- What?!_ Linn smiled._ Well he is a fine lad...
- Now what?
- We should try to get the Thalmor away from Riften... The wizards, soldiers and some of the city's best fighters come with me. The rest may protest around the plaza to make everyone aware of the new candidate to the throne.
- I will command the riot. Long live Sypho!
Linn ordered the best fighters and magicians to follow her in order to destroy any thalmor troops that neared the city.

Writes-Many-Posts

Already with her troops outside Riften, an orc met them.
- Are you striking this city?
- No, we are protecting it. We are going to fight any Thalmor that tries to enter here_ Linn said. It was a little eager to give away all the information of her plans, but the orc would die if he did anything he shouldn't.
- Did you say Thalmor? Count me in... I will help you punishing those high elves.
- Good... The more, the better. What is your name, by the way?
- Rjok. You?
- Linn. I am fighting against the Black-Briars for power in Riften.
- Astrid of the Brotherhood is having some trouble with them. Something about economics. Definitely not my business.
- Good, less affiliations Maven has. Now come, let's slaughter some elves!
Rjok smiled hearing that. They headed to the roads and hid there. After a while, a few men with elven armor each leaded by a woman with the black Thalmor robes appeared, heading to Riften. Any business in that scurvy city had to be to help Maven. The soldiers and mages came out of the bushes. Rjok and Linn followed them.
- Yaaargh!
The Thalmor quickly began casting destruction spells, which were useless against the wards of the mages. Their leader took out two elven blades and decapitated two soldiers. Fire balls, skulls, arrows, everything was tossed in order to fight. Rjok fought with a dwarven hammer and broke many bones with just a single blow. Blood and corpses were on the floor and few Thalmor were still fighting, since most of them were dead or ran off. The leading woman still eviscerated a mage but got taken down by a frost atronach, conjured by an adept conjurer. She quickly got up and ran off, wounded by the surprise attack.
The soldiers cheered. Rjok smiled looking at the corpses of the elves.
- They were deserving this... Haha...
- Thank you Rjok. Here is your payment...
- Keep it._ He interrupted._ It's always my pleasure to crack some Thalmor skulls. I will be in Falkreath if you require an extra hammer or mace.
Linn smiled as he went on his way. The Thalmor were officially in war with the Sypho since survivors escaped. But a win was a win.
All the units headed back inside Riften and saw the protesters being slaughtered by the city guards. From a balcony, Maven was laughing and playing a lute. It was a funerary music, calm and sad, accompanied by the screams of the terrified people. The troops quickly fought the guards and a lot of lives were lost from both sides. After a while, all the wounded headed to the Sypho headquarters and were healed by the mages. Linn looked at the city from the door. It was lifeless. No man or woman or chicken was there. Only corpses of murdered people and gore. Maven looked at Linn in the eyes.
- You monster! I am taking your power! You will see.
She grinned and headed back inside her manor. Linn swore a little and headed back inside too.

Writes-Many-Posts

A few days after the carnage, Linn went to bed, as usual, after ordering everyone not to leave the headquarters until Riften had cooled down. She fell asleep with Maven's evil smile on her head. All she wanted to do was slaughtering her in the silence of the night and throwing her body to the water. But that would be noticeable. She had to win through the rules.
She woke up and headed downstairs for breakfast. Nobody was sitting at the table nor at the meadery. Where could they be? Did they abandon her? She peeked through the door outside and found no sign of either Madesi, Hulrad or Maramal.
The city was still deserted. Not even the inn had so many costumers. A tall argonian walked among the silence and Linn hid when she spotted him. What is he doing here?
He entered the Bee and the Barb and Linn moved outside before she was spotted by any guard. After passing the gates, she found a bunch of colourful tents being built by Madesi and the fellow shopkeepers.
- What are you doing? I told you it was dangerous to be outside the headquarters.
- We are setting your party's campaign post. We will conquer anyone who approaches Riften this way.
- But you are defenseless here...
A few soldiers came out of the tent, armed to the teeth.
- Okay... I see you have devotion.
She hugged Madesi.
- Thank you so much. Where is Maramal?
- He is at the temple praying to Mara. The mages are with him.
- Good I will meet him there. Are you drinking... Sypho mead?
- Yes. Your brewery is back on track.
- I can't believe the achievements I am accomplishing!
Hulrad came running towards Linn.
- Miss, I... I tried to make you more popular, but I was threatened by the Black-Briars. Excuse me but... I needed to stop.
- It's okay... You can help with the tents can't you?
- Sure thing miss!
The lad sprinted to the tent that was being built and immediatly started helping.
- I like his spirit...
She was about to head back inside the city, when a soldier yelled.
- Fire! Water over here!
A tent was burning and all her supporters ran out of it. Buckets of water were thrown until the fire died, withouth damaging other tents, and any life being taken.
- Who did this?
- Let me guess..._ Linn said.
- We found a Thalmor helmet behind the tent. Those High elves were sent by Maven to burn us!
- She wasn't expecting me to be here... Only townsfolk would die... I will show that woman that a Sypho will never give up! Scout the area for nearby Thalmor. If you encounter assassins or thieves, feel free to execute them!
Feeling revolted, Linn headed back to the temple of Mara. Two mages were guarding the entrance.
- Hello miss Sypho. Here to pray?
- And meet a friend.
- Good, we will keep an eye here!
She found Maramal lighting candles in the Temple, using the common robes. She still felt grateful from all the he had done.
- Hi, Maramal.
- Oh, hello! What do you wish?
- I really wanted to thank you for everything. Being my advisor, restoring my brewery, giving me balance in my first political crash, everything...
- You're welcome! I want to thank you for attempting to make Riften a better place! Did you see the tents outside?
- Yes, they are wonderful. But one of them was set on fire by the Thalmor. I bet that woman we fought a few days ago had something to do with it. She escaped the battle and now she attacked us from behind. As a nord I say this is cowardice!
- Did anyone die?_ He said in a worried tone.
- No... Just a part of the tent that was burned down.
- Good, then... It shall be rebuilt.
- What should I do now?
- Try to earn the confidence of people that are still on Maven's side. Drunkards and prisoners can provide favor, even if they are not the most likeable fellas. You should go to the prison and persuade them. Don't go to the inn now, Maven is there I believe.

Writes-Many-Posts

Linn was about to enter the prison of Riften when a breton crashed against her.
- I am so sorry... I should...
She then remembered who he was. He was the rude man who had crashed against her other day. And then she was blamed by him as he left to gods-know-where.
- You!
- Calm down Linn. I seek to help you this time.
- How?
- I can join your work. And even track down a few Black-Briars. If you want a forsworn at your side.
Linn was shocked by what she had just heard.
- You are a goat hating pest! I feel like killing you like... like...
- My parents?
- You disgusting human being!
- I haven't killed them. Yet. But if I find them, I will.
- Go to Oblivion Mr... Who are you?
- Maquiavel. At your service... Literally.
She was about to get away from Maquiavel when a woman came crying to her. She was covering a mark of BB in her neck, probably made through a painful way.
- Maven... she and an argonian... male lycan... they tortured me...
Maquiavel smirked.
- What were you saying Linn? I think I could help.
She sighed, resigned.
- Fine Maquiavel. First of all, track this argonian down, find out who he is, and make him lose control over his life. Then, I will see what else I can get you to do.
Linn dispatched the forsworn to stalk her foe. That man could be a terrible foe, and it would come in handy to fight Maven.

Writes-Many-Posts

Two days later, at her headquarters, Maquiavel showed up with a sly smile.
- I found a lot about the argonian... He is a member of the Dark Brotherhood, a former Thief and a guardian of Nature...
- What?! How do you know that?
- My acquaintances in the Brotherhood are... reliable...
- You are a member of the Dark Brotherhood?!
- That is correct Linn...
- Call me Sypho, Maquiavel!
- Miss Sypho..._ He spoke in a disrespectful tone that caused Linn chills._ I am already taking care of shaking the argonian to his doom. Leepdroon is his name... He should be going to his death at the moment... And when none of Maven's factions likes him, he will be dead, nonetheless, out of the Black-Briar side!
- That's... brilliant Maquiavel... How did you...?
- I have a lot of talent to make people suffer... Is there anything else you need?
- I would like having more men and women at my side... Have you got any persuasion skills?
- If that includes torture, I am your man Linn, if not, there are still some assassins we could use...
- No torture, Maquiavel! And please, I have to ask you to leave the Brotherhood, it serves Maven.
- What?! They are my family! I cannot just leave them!
- Why? I bet they would betray you some time. If they have betrayed Leepdroon, how can you trust them?! Can't any other member of the Brotherhood do what you did to him to get rid of you?!
- You... You make a lot of sense... Still I cannot just leave them without having assassins chasing me accross the province... This requires a fancy plan... Goodbye, Linn, I will make sure I will leave the Brotherhood soon... But for now... the next stop is Helgen to see an argonian lose his head!
The creepy breton left the headquarters, leaving Linn to her thoughts.
- I reek, I should have a bath before making a nice speech to the people of Riften.
The wooden stairs creaked a little at the passing of her light weight, which probably meant an orc would not get upstairs so easily. At the bathroom, Linn took off her clothes, both the fine ones and the leather armor, and entered the warm tub. She began rubbing her arms in the perfumed lotion when she heard someone else breathing at the same room where she was.
- Who is there?!
Nothing but silence replied.
- Show yourself!
Out of the silk curtains, a small nord crawled. Hulrad!
- Yorth! Get out of here!_ Linn screamed as she grabbed a towel and put it in front of her to block Hulrad's unwanted sight.
The boy ran away embarrassed and Linn got dressed after drying herself with the towel. She even tried to track him down, but there was no sight of him on the streets. Clever skeever... Sighing in surrender, she moved to the plaza to make her speech for justice.
- People of Riften! I am Linn Sypho. It is in my knowledge that a lot of problems have been swirling around this city, thanks to my influence. But problems must be fought with order. Who here, as a proud citizen who doesn't wear the Thieves' armor dares to say he likes having thieves commanding their city, and enjoying the profits of their stalls? Who here, enjoys waking up in the morning to see their lock picked or broken, and an empty wallet afterwards, and not being able to mobilize any guard against the criminal? I seek to drive the Thieves and their employer out of the city! Or at least, take their power from their grasp. We must not remain silent while Nocturnal worshippers claim what is ours! Who is with me?!
Everyone in the croud cheered while Linn performed a humble bow.
- Thank you for your time...
Maven was looking at her through a large window from her manor, angry. And Linn noticed her mood. Smirking, she blew a kiss to her and moved back to her house.

Writes-Many-Posts

A day or two later, Maquiavel showed himself again. Angry, depressed... Instead of hateful, those were the adjectives that Linn could read from his eyes. Despite being a cruel forsworn, he showed devotion, and sucha thing touched Linn's heart. The least she could do was trying to be pleasant.
- So... How was the execution?
- The damn argonian escaped! A dragon showed up!
- A dragon? For Mara are you trying to trick me?
- No, I don't do skooma, I was at my sanest moment of the day. A dragon destroyed Helgen! And Leepdroon escaped with its help... I need a drink, want to have a Black-Briar at the bee and the barb?
Linn's silent look served well for an answer.
- Look it's a joke! White Gold Tower?
- Fine... The Guild is trying to pick the lock in my manor. We need to make them stop... Let's discuss it with a drink in our hands, then...
The sunny weather was replaced by the muffled view inside the inn, sitting in a table at the corner, away from Hemming and Maven, who boldly claimed the table at the centre of one of the buildings which they exploited. Maquiavel drank the White Gold faster than Linn. A lot faster, with enough speed to even call it bad manners. Not that the inn was a place for politeness, but in the presence of a lady, it would be expected so.
- So..._ he said while landing his flaggon on the table in a loud, sturdy clash sound._ You have a little thievery problem huh?
- Yes, they have been fiddling with my locks every single night. I need to make them stop attempting to break in.
- It's easy... I can help you... IF I may have the key to your manor?
Linn hesitated. Of course she did. It was a big risk to give a key of her door to another person. But Maquiavel had worked on her side very hard, and the thieves had to be pushed back somehow. What better man to do that but the most fearsome headsman in Skyrim? In a resignation tone, she put one of her keys on the table in front of Maquiavel's trimphant grin. But before the breton took it to his pocket, another voice interrupted. It was Hulrad, for the first time seen after the "overseeing" in her bath.
- Miss... miss Sypho... I'm sorry I climbed through your window... I just... lost... lost it... Could you forgive me?
Linn looked at her half filled flaggon, avoiding eye contact with the boy to express her disappointment.
- Hulrad just... stay away for a while... I will talk to you when the time to forgive you comes... not yet.
Yorth left the inn shamefully while Maquiavel searched intrigued Linn's expression, with the key in his pocket already.
- Look, forsworn, you have my key. I want no assassinations in my house, and I hope you are loyal!
- What was that?
- What do you mean, Maquiavel?
- The Hulrad lad. What happened?
- He... spied on me while I was on the bath! And now he comes here to apologize! Someone should teach him manners.
- Clever man... Haha! Well, I can teach him if you want...
- I just want him to never do that to a lady ever again.
- As you wish, Linn. I will do so, and some other time, I will take care of the thieves as well.
The stalker from the Reach left Linn to finish her Tower and think about her wrongness about Maquiavel. He was a good ally to have. Reliable and skilled, plus he liked doing political work, not bad... Her mental complements to the breton were based on that until few seconds after she finished her drink. Maquiavel had returned with his backpack now heavier, and a wide smile across his pale face.
- Done! The lad won't peep on any woman again. You can bath in peace now!
- Good... I hope you were easy on him, though.
- Yeah... It was almost painless.
- Almost? What do you mean?
- Well... It had to hurt a little didn't it?
Her mind was immediatly filled with the worst prediction possible. In a serious, worried tone, trembling in her voice, Linn asked.
- Maquiavel... what did you do?
- I chopped the boy's head off! Now he won't bother.
Hulrad was dead... It was all due to Linn's order... The mere ideas made Linn begin to lose her sight. Everything was blacking out, and the last she saw was Maquiavel opening his eyes wider.
- Boss? Linn!

Writes-Many-Posts

Linn was awakened by Maquiavel, being slapped while he spoke her name. The sudden sight of the forsworn frightened her and caused her to shrug and punch him in the nose.
- Ow! What the hell?!
She didn't regret causing pain for the first time, feeling it was deserved after ending someone's life for such a puny reason. Her heart was filled with sorrow. Somehow, the guild seemed to be all weighing her, even though Maquiavel was the murderer. I guess Mara had more faith in me than Maquiavel... And now I pay for failing her...
- I didn't want to, but i am glad that I punched you!
She stood up before saying those angry words, while Maquiavel massaged the painful area of his face.
- That's how you treat me after I got you Hulrad's head?
He held it in the air, picking it up from his satchel. She couldn't measure how disgusting it was for a man to carry a severed head. It was as if death followed the person.
- Eww... Just get rid of that thing!
Maquiavel seemed to take everything literally, a fact Linn became aware of when he fullfilled her wish by throwing the head out by the window.
- Maquiavel!
- What?!
- You threw a severed head out of the window!
- I got rid of it as you asked!
- Are you nuts?!
- You are nuts! Who asks a forsworn to "teach a lesson" to another person and doesn't mean killing that person?!
- How could you kill him?!
- I... cut off his head.
- You are inhuman!
- I know!
- Go pick the head up and give it a proper burial!
- Okay, okay... Women...
Linn was left to her thoughts. The face of Hulrad before dying haunted her to the point of forcing her to sit down on her bed. How could she have trusted Maquiavel to teach someone about manners or respect to a human being? He was a forsworn!
- Mara forgive me... How did I let this happen?!
She felt Maquiavel's footsteps approaching back in after a while. A clear sign that he hadn't buried Hulrad with any respect. Possibly he had just put the head in some Gods forsaken hole. She tried to hold her voice without any nervousism and strong to give orders.
- You are dismissed!
She laid back on her bad, looking at the ceiling, meditating about her next move.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts