OOC Light of Divinity Planning/Character Card Thread

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Question, Falc. Why does Drayce know he's a Companion? Or is the whole "pursuing his role as a Champion" a reference to later on, when our character's Divine patrons reveal themselves, and Drayce decides to go with it?

Hm, I just finished reading your post. Wasn't the whole idea of the "tug" as I'll call it, to guide our characters to each other without really telling the characters themselves what's going on? And how would his family have realized his role before we did?

I took the "tug" as a sort of heightened reaction towards certain people - other Champions. So "pursuing his role as a Champion" is mostly a reference to later on, but he already knows that he's a Champion, I forgot to mention it, so I'll make an edit, but Drayce has already had run-ins with Daedra, so he's partially aware of what he is, but growing up in the Ratway only provided him with rumors of "Champions." Put simply he sorta knows what a Champion is, and he realizes he's not completely normal. When Akatosh reveals himself, Drayce will figure it out, but he'll have trouble turning his back on family, instead of using his power to try and free what remains.

Drayce's parents know what a Champion is, and they've seen them killed. When Drayce was born with a Mark, they hid him away without completely knowing whether or not he was/is a Champion. It was more of a precaution because Daedra hunt down those with Marks and the only way to know for sure if someone is a Champion is to fight a Daedra, or as you said, come into contact with their Divine. Obviously, Drayce's parents aren't going to put their newborn against a Daedra just to see if he's a Champion, his Mark alone is cause enough for the Daedra to kill him.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I thought I mentioned that at the start. Maybe I didn't, let me check...

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I thought I mentioned that at the start. Maybe I didn't, let me check...

A single legion of a Champions was supposed to bring peace and order to Tamriel, but the Deadric Lords proved far more clever and defeated these Champions in battle. In the aftermath, they learned of a Champion's "Mark" and have dispatched squads to find and murder Champions, regardless of their age. Thousands upon thousands of Champions have been cut down, a shocking majority of them being no older than an infant. Being born with the "Mark" of a Champion has become a central fear in the ravaged societies, and the fear has driven people to seek out Champions to try and win a Lord's favor. Many have taken to calling a Champion a "godcurse."

This is an excerpt from the plot intro I posted on the first page.

I never straight up said Champions are hunted, so I understand the confusion, but essentially Champions are hunted by Daedra.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Sorry, I hadn't read that far down earlier.

I read it a few minutes ago, though, so it makes sense.

No problem, it was kind of dry, I do admit.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I'll make some edits to Drayce's CC. I didn't do a very good job with it and I've made a fair amount of changes as well.

In my defense, I was trying to edit it at 2am...but brainpower isn't exactly abundant at that hour :)

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
    Name: Rhyfalim (Reef-fah-limb)

Race: Redguard

Height: 6’

Weight: 220 lb

Build: Muscled Athletic

Facial Features: Torn right ear, large scar marring much of his left cheek, uncommonly large lower canines, stubbled chin and jaw

Hair: Dark brown, wool-like, held in a loose ponytail reaching to the middle of his back

Other Features: Stendarr’s Drinking Horn burned onto his right ribs

Clothing/Armor: Simple cloth clothing, except for a chainmail shirt

Weapons: Large, two handed scimitar

Afflictions: Lycanthropy (wereboar)

Skills: Two Handed, Lockpicking, Restoration

Secondary Skills: Heavy Armor, Speech

Backstory:

Near the border of Hammerfell and Cyrodiil, a wereboar attacked, killing his parents and almost killing him. He was orphaned, sent to the nearest orphanage found in Chorrol, and grew up there. With little food, he turned to picking locks in order to procure enough food to feed himself, and saved what little he could. Rhyfamil bought his first sword at 14, and never looked back.

Over the years, Rhyf became a sellsword, and being a mercenary took him to several different provinces, including Hammerfell, where he was able to personally test the local scimitars. By this time, he'd become proficient with heavy blades, and had a large scimitar fashioned for himself.

The wereboar attack from his early childhood had caused him to take on the affliction himself, and for the majority of his life he’s been turning once a month for more than half his life.

Because of his constant combat, Rhyfamil had turned to the clergy many times for healing, and during one serious healing, a brazier fell upon him, scorching his side. The drinking horn of Stendarr appeared in the burn, though the coals weren't on his skin long enough to burn him thoroughly. He took it as a sign, and began praying to Stendarr soon after he healed, asking for guidance, and periodically studied under trained healers to learn their craft. Surprisingly, once he started praying, the transformations became less common, and he eventually began experiencing premonitions of them a few hours beforehand which allowed him time to lock himself away to protect others around him.

After a few years of working as a mercenary paladin, Rhyfamil took on an adventuring partner, and the pair traveled together for a few years until they – ironically - were attacked by a wereboar. His partner was mortally wounded, and Rhyf lost control of himself, the memories unlocking an anger hidden deep within his subconscious. He had a violent transformation, during which he killed the other wereboar and, in his blood lust, accidentally killed his partner. After he trampled his friend, Rhyf ran off (still a boar) and ended up near... ya know, wherever we decide to start.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Sorry about the delay, I'll have Drayce's edited CC up as soon as I can.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Here's my revised CC

============================

Name: Drayce Sibari

Race: Khajiit

Sexuality: Straight

Laterality: Right-handed

Height: 5 foot 6

Weight: 185 pounds

Build: Lean, yet powerful

Appearance:20160513_150313.jpg

Drayce has light gray fur with the dark black markings seen in the picture. The thickest lines sit around his eyes, cheekbones, and muzzle giving him an icy glare. Drayce has gray hair - not due to age, obviously - in a choppy medium-length style that resembles a spiked-up look. He does have the beard...thing seen in the picture, and does not have any braids in it. His eyes are deep blue with silver highlights, amplifying his icy gaze. Drayce has a number of minor scars on his hands and chest, but the largest is a wide, jagged line running from the left side of his waist to his right shoulder.

Mark:
    tumblr_mdxzj00uai1qcw59ho1_500.jpg.cf.jpg

Drayce's mark is essentially Faith's tattoo from Mirror's Edge, however his is much larger and takes up his entire left arm. The symbol of Akatosh - the same one from the in-game amulet - resides in the center of the lower half of the Mark and sits on Drayce's forearm, nearest the elbow.

Afflictions: Raging Insomnia, Schizoid Personality Disorder, and blindness in his left eye.

Divine: Akatosh/Auriel/Alkosh

Apparel: Normally, Drayce wears a modified set of mage robes. Instead of the multi-colored set, Drayce's are completely black with gray stitching. In addition to the color changes, pads of leather armor are attached to the inside to provide decent protection without making the set very heavy. In addition to the robes, Drayce wears a pair of mage boots and a mage hood, both of them black with gray stitching. Built into the mage hood is a black mask that covers all of Drayce's face except for his right eye. When not in his armor, Drayce wears a red tunic with black pants and black boots. He also has an amulet of Akatosh that never leaves his neck.

Weapons: Black Elven bow, steel arrows, and an Elven dagger.

Combat Skills: Drayce is a master archer with extremely steady hands. He is skilled with the Elven dagger and is very deadly in unarmed combat, knowing more than a few styles of martial arts. However, his eye hinders his ability to take on targets at close range because he lacks a wide field of view. Even though he is skilled at close range, he simply can't keep up with those with full sight. He prefers to stay at range and concealed in the shadows.

Other Skills: Stealth. Drayce, like any Khajiit, is a ghost and can disappear within the shadows. Freerunning. Drayce places high importance on evasion and has honed his skills as a Freerunner. This skill also helps him get to certain shooting positions and scale tall buildings.

Backstory:

Drayce was born in Riften, inside the abandoned Ratway. His parents took notice of his mark at birth and kept him in the Ratway for his protection, keeping his existence hidden from his brother. Life in the Ratway was anything but safe, and Drayce had to learn how to defend himself or stay hidden. His affinity for stealth was born out of this, as well as his focus on evasion. When Drayce was five, his father was killed while trying to sneak into the Ratway to feed young Drayce. It turns out that Drayce was very close to his father when he was killed and witnessed the murder. Each moment is burned into Drayce's mind, and often haunts him. Especially since he carries his father's Elven dagger. Drayce's brother was taken not long after, and has not been seen since Daedra abducted him. After witnessing his family's destruction, Drayce swore to free his mother and as as many others as he can or die trying. Drayce left the Ratway at 12 years old and has spent every moment since then running and honing his skills in combat.

Personality: Drayce is cool and collected, but prefers to stay silent. He approaches people and conversations with a business-like attitude and keeps everything straight and to the point. He has very poor social skills and spends most of his time alone. He is notably uncomfortable in social situations and prefers to avoid them wherever he can. Aside from poor social skills, Drayce automatically assumes everyone he meets will try to stab him in the back.

Attachments

• 20160513_150313.jpg
      20160513_150313.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 3
    Last edited:

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I'm ready to start this if you guys are.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Your "Khojian is going to stand out like a sore thumb everywhere she goes unless you guys retcon in that lots of new race combinations have cropped up or something. Just wouldn't make sense why she wasn't taken and studied as a child by evil intellectuals.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts