• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Do I have to wear light armor on all body parts(legs,arms,torso and head) to get bonuses from perks or its important just not to wear heavy armor
I wear light armor with mage hood and I want to know will I get bonuses on perks even If I dont wear stupid lookin light armor helmets

Quiksilver201

i agree they do look stupid, i did the samething until a higher level, i didnt start wearing light hoods until later after i had the perks that gave me a bonus. so i tihnk in the early levels it doesnt matter but later on once you start going up the light armor tree you should go full light

So only way to get 25 percent bonuses on light armors is to wear stupid helmets which I hate coz all generals and baddas soldiers wear hood or no helmet coz its cool...helmet is for common soldiers

Onyx

Yeah it is a shame. they should include an option like in WoW or DoA II to allow you to "hide helms" so you can wear them but it looks like you are not wearing anything on your head.

Ah well

Shame I will only upgrade first perk that gives stronger light armor and thats it coz I cant imagine cool lokin dual wield warrior/rogue that wear stupid lookin helmet
Shame on you Bethesda only thing that suck in game and only thing that can ruin my role playing experience :S
I hope to see that fixed in patch so you get bonus on light armor and not on sets :S

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Go kill Krosis at Shearpoint, he drops a light armor mask that gives a 20% bonus to archery, lockpicking and alchemy and looks pretty cool to boot.

Onyx

Go kill Krosis at Shearpoint, he drops a light armor mask that gives a 20% bonus to archery, lockpicking and alchemy and looks pretty cool to boot.
Is this part of a quest or just some random person/monster waiting to be backstabbed? :)

Have to have a look at that after work!

Auxilium

In my opinion..
I was able to Fast Travel there, I don't remember how I got the map marker. Maybe from the rumors. But there's a Dragon and Krosis who's a Dragon Priest, I suggest killing the Dragon first before running to the Word Wall (New Shout there also) as Krosis wakes up when you get close to the word wall and shoots fireballs like crazy.

Onyx

Ah thanks for the heads up....it is now I wish my assassin had traps....

Quiksilver201

I was able to Fast Travel there, I don't remember how I got the map marker. Maybe from the rumors. But there's a Dragon and Krosis who's a Dragon Priest, I suggest killing the Dragon first before running to the Word Wall (New Shout there also) as Krosis wakes up when you get close to the word wall and shoots fireballs like crazy.
i fought both at once and almost died... it sucked

Sent By I Am

High Elf lvl 66
It all depends on your perks. There are perks like Custom Fit, 25% If your head, chest, hands, and feet are all light armor, but again about the Mask Krosis...There are 8 Dragon Priests in the game, they all drop their Name on a mask, some are heavy armor some are light armor. Only 1 is required by a quest which is at the end of the game. The other perk Matching Set, only takes effect if all of your armor is of the same kind, meaning you would need Glass Helm, chest, hands, and feet to get the extra 25% bonus. Once you get this bonus, you get more armor rating by wearing the matching set, than you would wearing a dragon mask, seeing as how it isn't a specific piece of armor. Hope this helps, if you have any questions about the mask locations or what not, send me a message.

Starr

I have played with all the armors in the game and currently use Dragon SCALE - not Dragon PLATE which is a heavy. Scale is the light and it is awesome. my current armor rating is 711 and I am no where near maxing the perks to make it higher. Sneaking is important to my game play so this armor allows easy sneaking and maximized armor rating too - not as high as Daedric/Plate of course but plenty high.
The best/coolest looking LIGHT armor i have owned is the NIGHTINGALE set (comes from Riften Thieves guild quest line)- very stealthy looking. But once you can DUAL enchant your own gear and have maxed smithing, enchanting and alchemy like myself (all of which are needed to max out gear) you will only WANT to wear what you can make.