Life Lessons/Things I Learned From Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nyneve

Nyneve Atredies - Dunmer Murderess
They make look tall and scrawny but Giants pack a punch.

Saying "hi kitty kitty" to a saber tooth won't make them happy.

Being pretty at a wedding can make the groom ask if his wife should be worried. (That was amazing!)

Ebony mail is an armor, not a weapon(idk why i thought it was)...took me half an hour to figure that out at the end of Boethia's quest.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
i think most people missed the point of the thread... Life lessons....

- Do not start playing a massive , complex game that sucks you in like that on the day of its release. Wait a couple of months for the updates.

- Back up your data and make sure you have a backup drive that you can use to boot from, so that when your main drive dies in the middle of the game, you can swap drives and continue... :sadface:

- Yeah, the world isn't a particularly friendly place... and people will not necessarily appreciate what you do for the community- some will even despise you for it.

VolenKiller

The Idealist
You can crouch in front of some one's face and they can't see you :D . Also if you shoot some one with an arrow while they're in bed or sitting down, they legitimently fall the the chair/bed ;)

BSE

If you play long enough that your wife falls asleep on the couch, she cant bother you about stopping the game and going to bed before 3am.

Nyneve

If you won't let your husband be a klepto in real life, give him a game. It distracts him from the pretty items on the curb... for now...

heatherelectra

Premium Member
I'm new to RPGs (long-time strategy player), so some things that seem obvious to an experienced player were new to me...
- if you see a pretty design on the floor of a cave, don't step on it!
- just because a shopkeeper asks for a mammoth tusk, doesn't mean it's a good idea to shoot the mammoth with a hunting bow and iron arrows
- if you see a dragon attacking a giant's camp, don't rush in thinking to be the heroine - as soon as the dragon is down the giant and mammoths will attack you
- if you pick up heavy armor and immediately sell off your light armor, remember to Equip the new armor... otherwise, you'll be fighting frost trolls in nothing but a bikini (you'd think Lydia "I've got your back" would mention something!)
- scrolling the mouse wheel (PC) is a good way to find out you're wearing nothing but a bikini

Thomas Liu

tyl089
don't fall asleep with the controller in your hand because you might acidentally fos ro dah the bards college and people will be upset.

always clean up after you massacre a crypt, bandit nest, or vampire cave but still can't clean up the ash piles to reduce lag.

everything is for sale, and if you have a relative you don't like, sell it to belathor.

giant's toe is nasty so don't taste it.

need salt for everything.

It's okay to eat a twelve course meal in the middle of killing an elder dragon.

Nyneve

Always remember where you left your horse (namely Shadowmere) as he/she tends to not follow you. Loosing them in the wilderness means three hours of wandering to get him/her back.

Blackst0rm

Kids are not afraid of you. No matter how intimidating you look.

Mike G

everybody sounds the same -.0

If you are smithing, than 3 one pound bars can make 30 pounds of armor

Magic is the s***

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts