leveling magicka/health/stamina for balanced character

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

geraldino

I want to make a really balanced character that is able to dabble in magic but also one handed weapons and a bit of archery.

I know this isn't an ideal build as it will mean that I'm never an uber mage nor the best warrior possible but having had a number of playthroughs with archetype characters i just get bored of using the same killing method over and over again.

Has anybody made a character that was a hybrid of all the different types and if so what sort of ratio did they do for magicka/health/stamina I'm thinking that a ratio of 1:1:1 will not give me enough health so was going to go along the lines of 1:2:1 or 1:3:1 - any advice?

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I did 2:2:1 for a Dunmer Conjuration-Archer. Used Mace also in CQC. Worked out pretty well. She's around 45 now, 9x Archery, 7x Conjuration, 5x One Handed, 100 Enchanting.

Mattius

My Nord is evening out to a well rounded Mage/warrior/Theif the thing is I didn't really need the stamina I got it to about 270 and never upgraded it again. I only work on my magic & health now both around the 400s. I recommend saving the magic part til later I mainly only used restoration until I was a level 25 or so.

geraldino

Is it worth leaving magicka altogether until I can just get the enchantments that will allow me to have two schools at any one time completely free? So far I havn't put any levels into magicka but have been using bound sword a lot to raise both one-handed and conjuration, mainly because bound sword is less than 100 to cast and by the time I need to cast it again my magicka has regenerated.

Mattius

Is it worth leaving magicka altogether until I can just get the enchantments that will allow me to have two schools at any one time completely free? So far I havn't put any levels into magicka but have been using bound sword a lot to raise both one-handed and conjuration, mainly because bound sword is less than 100 to cast and by the time I need to cast it again my magicka has regenerated.
I would actually stray away from magicka at first & work on the warrior part. Once your strong enough with armor & hit points you can level up your magic really fast. You'll level up even faster after I basically went from a level 35 to 50 in 2 weeks.

Grelod The Kind

If you're by any chance an Altmer, DO NOT EVER TOUCH ANY PART OF MAGICKA EVER OR YOU WILL DIE PAINFULLY. If you're not, enchant all your gear ASAP. It takes 50 mana for my level 27 to conjure a Dremora Lord.

I'm a strong supporter of min/max style. Put in Magicka when you need it. Like, if you're a little bit short on this or that, put in 10pts of magicka. Just when you need it. I can never recommend going over 50 points in to anyone, though.

Stamina is really unnecessary in excess amounts. 200 will do you nicely.

So, 5 levels and 10 levels. Which brings us to level 15.
And dump the rest into health.

Which is about 500, 600 health end-game (depending on where you level to)

Raybow

Kahjiit kills racist
When you are wearing heavy armor but you must stay agile, like a kahjiit, for exemple, you muste use a lot of stamina for sprinting. Also, it increases the carying capacity, and i tell ya that one point of this makes all the difference.

Raybow

Kahjiit kills racist
by five points. Seems not big, but makes a big difference.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts