• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

RGKID144

Like right now Im a level 46 in two handed combat.....is there a limit to what level you can achieve up to? Thanks!

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
By level 46, are you referring to your actual character level or the skill level? If so, yes the skill goes up to 100, and I believe the top level is 81 for a character.

EDIT: Ninja'd!!!!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
81 is such an odd number (lol it is) to have a level cap.

Ks17

I mean tlike for a specific perk..so like for heavy armour specifically. I can take it to level 100? and my character can personally become a level 81? those are the limits?

Yup, you got that all rights, every skill can go up to 100, and the character will be level 81 when all skills hit 100.

The Balance

Own Face.
Correct, you can have any skill to 100, and your character's level can get up to 81 (although it slows down tremendously at level 50).

Also of note, there are items that give +XX% to a skill. That effectively takes your skill higher. For instance, if you have 100 archery, and equip an item with +20% to archery, your archery will calculate as if it was 120. Multiple +% perks stack. So a +20% item, and a +10% item will give you a 130 archery skill.

Hope this helps.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
It is very strange that level limit is based on skill leveling. In Fallout, you just get experience to level up and there is a hard limit. Every DLC of Fallout raised the level cap with new perks to diversify your leveling. I wish Skyrim DLC would change the leveling to some degree but that idea seems less possible now. They would have to add a whole new skill set which isn't likely to happen or they would have to increase skill level limit beyond 100 but that is ludicrous. I guess they can just stick with more perks. 100 skill level on every skill is very silly in the first place.

The Balance

Own Face.
The level limit at 81 is supposedly intentional - Tiber Septum, as the lore goes, ruled 81 years. There's really no need to continue to level your character unless you want it to do something different - once you hit 100 in your main skills, you can still play the game just fine, and enemies won't get harder just because time goes by. There's no point in the game where you'll hit a wall with unbeatable enemies because you didn't level enough.

Some skills, like lockpicking, will probably never hit 100 for most people, as they require locked chests, which you can't just go find, it takes some luck. Leveling every skill to 100 is insane, no matter how you slice it. I'd hate to do the math, but its probably something disgusting play time wise in order to be able to achieve that.

LordTalos

I nearly got 100 on lock picking, 1handed, 2handed (99) atm
I'm working on speechcraft mostly at the moment to help with prices

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts