Level 81 using NPC Trainers?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cpt Cosmo

Heyhey everyone,

am i guessing right you cant reach level 81 on consoles if you use any kind of skill trainers?

theory states you reach level 81 if all skills are maxed out at 100. But when you train several skilllevels with a NPC trainer you dont receive the same XP for levelups. Thus you received a lot less XP when your skill reaches 100. And therefore you wont be at level 81 when all your skills are maxed out at 100. Right?

Greets

Umphrey

I do not know for sure, but it seems to make sense. I'm only level 34 so I suppose I have a ways to go before I find out. Besides I am playing on the PC. Why would it be different from consoles to PC? Are the mechanics different?

Umphrey

am i guessing right you cant reach level 81 on consoles if you use any kind of skill trainers?

I was just asking about the mechanics because you specified consoles. I thought perhaps level 81 was different on PCs because of that specification. Cleared up now though :)

Cheers

Cpt Cosmo

wasnt my answer. :)

i mentioned it because you can use "the console ;)" on pcs. /edit: which you cant on xbox and ps3.. and the question is about xbox/ps games / without cheats or anything like. //

other scenario: i go to jail and a skill drops. if i level it up again, will i receive overall xp again? -> which would result in being able to receive a higher level than 81..

ot: yeah due to some loading bugs im again at lvl 12.. a long journey for me either.

Belial666

Well, if you're going to use the console, you could just set your skills to 0 then retrain them. Or just plain set your level to a certain number.

Umphrey

Ah I misunderstood. I catch your meaning now. My mistake.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
I doubt that I will even reach level 50 when my quests are done. Not worried about it.

Belial666

Well, you can go find a main-quest-important NPC and pick a fight with them. They're unkillable so you can beat them up as much as you want and raise your skills without resorting to cheating. It's what I did by accident a few days ago at the very first quest of my first run of the game and after 3,5 hours of fighting I went from level 1 to level 12. The last couple of days I decided I wanted a strong character so I went and found another main-quest-important NPC and after several more hours of beating went from lvl 24 to lvl 52. (after maxing my blacksmithing and enchantment skills as well)

Cpt Cosmo

no im playing on xbox. Sorry i caused some confusion. The with the term "console" in the Threadtitle I just wanted to point out i cant (and want) use any cheating methods.

But still, anyone knows if one ganes additional XP if i level up a skill twice. (ie. Archery level 90, extreme example skilldrop due to jail -> Archery level 80, you level back up to 90 -> will you receive XP again and bump you overall Level?)

_
i dont think i will ever come to these points in the game where my questions are leading to, but im curious about the answer. :)

and thanks for the given answers!