• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jimmy_Smashwell

Hey guys :)
Wanted to get some thought on a new build I'm doing. Planning on an Imperial stealth archer (ofc). This wasn't particularly hard on master my last go through with a sword and board and follower for close up combat. I'm stepping it up and will be playing on Legendary with no enchanting, no exploit loops, and no mods (ps3...don't judge me). Anyone try this out? Thanks in advance!

Manmangler

You should take many health potions and for lower level You will need follower. Until Your sneak and archery is high, You need somebody for "shield".
Usually in lower levels, You wont kill draughts for one hit. They can kill you easily(My Isabell die many times for that or Deadlier trap mod). In higher level you can oneshot many enemies.

You just use smithing to improve weapons, alchemy to potions and POISONS.

remember stealth perks
Backstab
Deadly Aim, must with archery zoom and time slow
Assassin's Blade, just dont look here, knife in the back.
Muffled Movement, easier to move
Light Foot, oops that was a trap (With deadlier trap must perk)
Silent Roll
Silence, Leave this place at once, with hurry.
Shadow Warrior, lemme out herr, when things get too rough.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Definitely remember that alchemy and smithing aren't your enemy, even in a no-frills high-difficulty run. It can be more interesting to rely only on found items, of course, but Manmangler is correct about the need for potions early on. I always dump a bunch of them in my follower's inventory, as well, since they'll use them if they're available, and take a knee much less frequently as a result.

Jimmy_Smashwell

Indeed and thanks! I should mention that I wont be starting the main quest line until I am level 50. Also, while not partaking in enchanting, found items are ok to be worn. I guess the question is will I need illusion? Sword and board worked fine esp with enchanting but that was Master, not Legendary. I wore heavy chest and gauntlets and light for the rest. This one is cloth/light entirely.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well, I haven't played on Legendary yet, so I can't give real insight into the best strategy in terms of Illusion yea or nay, but I can say when you're lightly armored and killing from the shadows, you do not want to stand still long enough to get hit, especially when combat comes to you. If you feel you need Illusion to gain that edge, then I'd say use it. If you think you can avoid damage without relying on Illusion, I'd say go that way instead. Ultimately, this will come down to your play style, and which method will feel most natural while allowing you to avoid the most damage.

Jimmy_Smashwell

Yea i don't want to "need it" but if its the difference of carrying 60 lbs worth of health potions it may be the answer. unless shadow warrior perk is just that good.

Nighthiker77

For legendary, I would spend all my money on light armor training because getting 1hk'd by everything sucks and you have to actually survive a hit for the skill to level.

All points into health up to 400

Legendary is about 3 times harder than master, so it is a huge difference

Conjuration is a huge help if you are adding magic anyway.

Jimmy_Smashwell

Yea, it is def gonna be hard. i wanna try to walk/ride everywhere. only fast travel to retrieve my horse. i want this to take a year. then ps4!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts