Kione - Child of Sithis (Character Diary)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Flapjoe

I am giving a shot at the BIGwooly inspired character journal thing that has seemed to catch on so very well. I figured it would create a muh more immersive gameplay for myself, and i wanted to get in on all these journals that i've been enjoying so much!:D

Gameplay:
-difficulty at 'master'
-HUD at 0%
-carry only 25% of carry weight (35% if travelling long distance to new home or such)
-carry nothing after Helgen, except for prisoner's clothes
-sheathe weapon to use potion
-no unrealistic harvesting
-limited magic use (only destruction magic)
-no fast travel (only by cart)
-only earn money by factions or completing quests (ex. no cutting wood)
-traps and pressure plates = death
-sleep 8 hours (except rare occasions)
-eat 2 times a day (except rare occasions)
-no overpowered perks
-character death = stay at an inn or home for 3 days
-only save at home or after sleep
-general unrealistic gameplay wont be used ( in case i forget of some or think of more)
-stealing, pickpocketing, and lock picking allowed

My character, as you will later read, is not the normal adventurer type character, so i will be using some more fantasy inspired gameplay. He is mortal and not godlike.

Character Appearance:
Kione is a medium to larger built nord. He has long unkept black hair (Ulfric's style) and a tied beard. His eyes are completely white.

Character Background (in his own words):

Kione means someone who comes from nowhere. I have given myself this name, for i have not a true one. People ask me where i come from and i cannot answer. I can't remember childhood or anything previous to the day I... awoke. It's obvious I am a Nord in nature and build, but I don't feel any connection to the heritage of these people. In any case, I don't know much about this world around me, but I know I am not normal amongst it's people. I have no color to my eyes, so iv'e been told. I see in whispers and dreamlike imagery from these milky white eyes of mine. Apparently this is not so normal to be blind, and yet see. It's all so confusing to me, and yet that is where the only part of myself i understand comes from.

Sithis is the name by which the whispers go by, the ones i see with. Sithis lets me see and gives me clarity. The others get unnerved when i tell them about this gift from Sithis. They say that I shouldn't joke about such dark things, but I'm not. I am surprised and slightly comforted that they at the least know of whom my master is. Sithis, i believe, is my creator and unholy lord. Since my very recent awakening, i have been given thoughts from Sithis. Through him, i feel the urge to kill those too weak be called living; not that they are sick, but because they lack any courage and any importacne in this plane.

I have now learned that there is a whole group of murderers... wait wait... assassins, yes assassins that apparently will kill for payment and more importantly, for our lord Sithis.
Now I am on the search for this Dark Brotherhood (apparently their group's title) and for the acceptance into their family.

Flapjoe

-Fredas, 18th of Last Seed, 4E 201-

So it has been a while now since i have become awaken at that charred town named Helgen. Through Sithis's guidance i have worked my way to the city of Whiterun, but i did not enter. I have been roughing it outside the town for the mean time. They won't let me in because of... Dragons, i think they don't want me in because i look like a dirty beggar. I would sit in the windswept fields of grass and contemplate my situation. I don't know where i am, but i knew that it was here. I don't know this land's history, but i know what the divines are and that there were such things as ancient dragons. I should't be able to communicate with these people, but i get along with others quite well. I know what kind of weapons exist and how they work, i know of currency, and books, and food, water, the snow, the winds, and the sun..... but I don't know how! I should be a confused mute, but whenever something arises that i should know, i for some reason do know it.

Any matter, i think i know the real reason i understand these things. Sithis. He whispers these things to me constantly and without any hesitation i understand them all. My lord teaches me always, i go on with my days with his voice ever present, yet not interrupting. I have all the knowledge of how to operate like any other mortal in this world. I dare not try to explain this to any one else. I have tried and it ends usually with them lecturing me on how that type of talk and story telling is evil and dangerous. The last time i tried to tell some hunters who were letting me stay the night at their camp, they chased me out of camp that night thinking i was deranged.

Well, yesterday instead of sitting in the field eating plants and contemplating my strange existence, i went out to kill some poor fools who could be of use to Sithis and myself. I found a travelling mage and tried to beat him to death. I had not expected to be nearly roasted into the void. I ran away and decided i would rather steal from some poor fool's house, rather than become the poor fool who dies from one lone mage. I waited until night to break into some farm houses only to find that i had no tools to pick the lock.

Today, I decided to walk to a town that would let me get some supplies. I guess Riverwood would have to do. I passed though the tiny village on my way out of the burnt town of Helgen. On my way i had the blessings of Sithis. One lone farmer walking without a care in the world would be my unlucky target. I ran full speed at him and proceeded to beat him in his face first, then stomach until he bent for mercy. With my final blow and his final cry for mercy i sent him to the void and to Sithis. My victory had its meek spoils. I left his clothes in fear that someone in town would recognize them as their farmer friend's. But i happily looted his 15 gold and silver ring along with a very useful iron dagger. I must not have even noticed his weapon since he didn't even touch me during my blind battering. Any matter i will kill some more here in Riverwood until i can find any information about the Dark Brotherhood.

Hail Sithis.

DarkEastwood

A nice touch at the end (Hail Sithis). A short footnote like that could speak volumes in terms of character. Not saying you should, nut it would be cool to mix it up every once and awhile, having Hail Sithis be the default. (Ex. Silence, My Brother)

But like Silence said, you create a nice fitting tone to your character. Keep it up!

Katastrophe

King of Tales
I like this, especially the backstory and how it's presented.
Should be interesting. I need to start bookmarking all these.

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
I like this, especially the backstory and how it's presented.
Should be interesting. I need to start bookmarking all these.
Pretty cool idea and a smooth writing style!

As far as bookmarking, on the top right of the threads you can click 'watch thread' and then navigate to the watched thread page. That is the page I bookmark sinve it will show you all the threads with entries you haven't read yet.

Flapjoe

A nice touch at the end (Hail Sithis). A short footnote like that could speak volumes in terms of character. Not saying you should, nut it would be cool to mix it up every once and awhile, having Hail Sithis be the default. (Ex. Silence, My Brother)

I really like that idea! Thanks.

Flapjoe

-Morndas, 21st of Last Seed, 4E 201-

After a botched murder attempt and hours in the wilderness collecting sellable items, I have finally arrived at my current destination.

Yes, I failed at what should have been a simple assassination. Once in Riverwood, i waited for the dark hours to fall upon the happy little village. My target was, which i now see as very ill-thought out, a town guard. In my defense, he was the only person out at the late hours and he even lacked a torch! I thought this would make my sneaking up to him very easy. I would have chosen the town blacksmith, who was the only other person out that late, but he was making such a racket that if i killed him the guards would surely notice and go to check on him. Any matter, I chose to sneak my way towards the shadowy guard. I made sure to avoid every stick and leaf beneath my bare feet. Slowly unsheathing my dagger, I began to stand up and grab at the head of the guard. That is where I nearly failed Sithis. The guard immediately noticed my presence and turn in my direction. I quickly slashed at him and only hit the mail on his bicep. His sword was now unsheathed and obviously ready to hack past my weak iron dagger, so i ran. I ran with the feeling of complete failure in my heart. Suddenly though, i heard Sithis, and he was laughing. He found my clumsy murder attempt to be comical and not disappointing. I guess i felt relieved, but nothing could change my personal disappointment.

After I was far enough away from any pursuers, i decided i would need to collect some items to sell. I gathered fist-fulls of herbs and alchemy supplies. I was even lucky enough to fend of two separate wolf attacks and collect their pelts. Later, by Sithis's unholy grace, i found a camp of sleeping bandits and raided what i could from their camp: one coin-purse of 15 gold, a pick axe, shovel, and some mead. My sneaking ability was growing quite noticeably. On my way back to the outskirts of town I found three stones. I decided to approach one particular stone with the carving of a hooded thief-like character. I jolted back a step as the stone shot out a blinding streak of light towards the sky and beyond. After the light died out i felt... new confidence in my sneakiness and slyness. Slightly confused by the strange occurrence, I decided to continue on my way when i stumbled upon a very gruesome scene. There was an altar to Talos with dead bodies under his godlike stance. I went to examine the gloriously bloody area and found multiple bodies of nords and one high elf (Thalmor it said in the letter i also found). I stripped all the loot i could of their bodies and continued on. One day, i will be the cause of this type of grief under Sithis's guidance.

The next morning I avoided the village guards of Riverwood and sold off my loot at the local trader's shop. I finally had enough gold for a trip to at least one of the major cities within the province, and i knew exactly where to go. After selling off my goods in Riverwood, I overheard two guards talking about a boy named Aventus Arentino. This boy has been contacting the Dark Brotherhood. I decided to find him in his home within the city of Windhelm and accept his contract under the title of the Brotherhood, hopefully gaining their attention.

With this deadly chill in my bones I now am eager to enter this blizzard covered city and begin my mission to find the ever elusive, yet always present Dark Brotherhood.

Sithis guide me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts