• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mirrormirror

Anyone else getting this? I just picked up a in game book titled "Ahzirr Trajijazarei". Has some pretty weird stuff that is to similar to be a coincidence. Not quite anti-semetic but close. It actually gets awesome when they list the "rules" of being khajiiti. Number 3 is the best. I'm going to hold on to this book if anyone replies.

Balstrome

Khajiits are warriors too. The ancient Hebrews were warriors too, I'll give them that. But not modern Jews.

I take it you consider the Six day War to be ancient history then?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
To me the most obvious comparison is to Gypsies not Jews.

The Ahzirr Trajijazarei is the manifesto of the Renrijra Krin so its contents should be taken with a very large grain of salt. It is not reflective of the attitudes of Khajiit society or culture as a whole.

KayO199X

The Khajiit's are obviously the Arabs, not the Jews. They love trading, and their accents are Middle Eastern. Their homeland (Elsweyr) is bassicly Tameriel's equivalent of the Middle East. It includes deserts, oasis, and Arabian arcitecture. The Khajiit religion, is also similar to Islam.

I always thought the Dunmer were the closest to Jews in the Elder Scroll Series. In Skyrim, they have left Marrowind in droves, and the locals don't like them at all.

J'Sabbah

@KayO199X Agreed. They are more like Arabs

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
Anyone else getting this? I just picked up a in game book titled "Ahzirr Trajijazarei". Has some pretty weird stuff that is to similar to be a coincidence. Not quite anti-semetic but close. It actually gets awesome when they list the "rules" of being khajiiti. Number 3 is the best. I'm going to hold on to this book if anyone replies.
Where did you find that book?

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
Actually the Khajiits and Redguards are both Arabic in nature and philosophy, but the Khajiits are a displaced people even in their homeland so they play more like nomads. And the redguards are more like true Persian arabic republcians but trying to find earthly comparisons to Tamerial species is a push. They may have earthly inspirations but they are not the same world and definately not the same history. Also the comparison to the jewish faith and the Khajiits is so far off to be laughable.

KayO199X

Actually the Khajiits and Redguards are both Arabic in nature and philosophy
I disagree. To me, the Redguards are more like Tameriel's equivalent of the Africans, specifically members of the Songhai empire. The Redguard hat looks exactly like the tradition Songhai headress.

Panthera

Don Gato
Dwemer outfit look like ancient Persian outfit. Khajiit way of living is more like gypsie but the way they talk is more like eastern europe and middle east.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Where did you find that book?

I found it in small camp just outside of Falkreath.
See, I always thought that the Khajit would be the North African or even Spanish equivalent of Tamriel.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts