• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MMZephyr

I'm going to go and do the Alik'r warrior quest that starts in whiterun with a couple of redguards asking where a redguard woman is.

I've seen some videos so I know what happens with Kematu. Should I kill him or go for Sadie?

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
What would your character do?

I helped Saadia, personally. I didn't really trust the Alik'r when they were contradicting each other and only decided to talk to me after several attempts on my life.

blue 468

I helped Saadia, personally. I didn't really trust the Alik'r when they were contradicting each other and only decided to talk to me after several attempts on my life.
well the Alik'r weren't trying to kill you it was the bandits.

anyways I help Kematu because why would Hammerfell care if someone spoke out against the Aldmeri Dominion if they are free of them and the Empire. If what Saadia said was true she should get praised not chased out of Hammerfell.

ShadowGambit

Let Kematu pay you, then kill him for the extra he has in his inventory, then kill Saadia and take her money.

^^^ Dark Brotherhood Initiate

Hail Sithis ... and Gold :D

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
well the Alik'r weren't trying to kill you it was the bandits.
*checks UESP*
Guess I was mistaken. Haven't done that quest since... November?
anyways I help Kematu because why would Hammerfell care if someone spoke out against the Aldmeri Dominion if they are free of them and the Empire. If what Saadia said was true she should get praised not chased out of Hammerfell.
Either one (or both) of them could be lying. The Alik'r could be hunting her for selling out Hammerfell, or the Alik'r have been paid off by the Dominion to hunt her down (maybe they consider her a reason they failed in Hammerfell?).

That's something I love about this quest. We're never given a verifiable answer.

MMZephyr

This was my gut feeling. I think most people that play Skyrim believe the "Latest word on the issue". Whoever talks last is more credible to some people. Kematu doesn't seem trustworthy.

Let Kematu pay you, then kill him for the extra he has in his inventory, then kill Saadia and take her money.

This is probably what I'll do :D

^^^ Dark Brotherhood Initiate

Hail Sithis ... and Gold :D

Is it actually a way to get into the dark brotherhood? That would be killing two birds with one stone since I'm going for shadowmere.

MMZephyr

It's not. You have to check into the kid performing the Black Sacrament in Windhelm to join.

I already killed the whatever the kind lady in the orphanage. It was such a fun assassination, especially after doing the thieves guild beginning steal :D I wasn't sure how much longer down the quest to get into DB though.

Actually, I have a question on invisibility potions. When the dude selling potions told me to plant a ring in some guy's pocket, I had a hard time stealing the ring without getting caught. I tried several times, then gave up and decided to use the invisibility potions. But it seems like you're not completely invisible when you use them. How do they work? Do they cancel when you open something or pick pocket?

ShadowGambit

Is it actually a way to get into the dark brotherhood? That would be killing two birds with one stone since I'm going for shadowmere.

No it is not, but it is what a Dark Brotherhood Initiate would do.

Argonianale7

Sheratopia
I killed Saadia and Kematu for being pricks to me. Saadia is a crazy mofo and Kematu has a funky ass hairstyle.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Kematu's dialogues in this quest are either a very bad mistake by the developers or he's flat out lying to you about Saadia. Kematu talks as if the Thalmor still occupy Hammerfell and the Second Treaty of Stros M'kai never happened over 20 years ago. More importantly his claim that Saadia sold out the city of Taneth to the Aldmeri Dominion and, if not for her actions, Taneth would not have fallen to the Dominion is ludicrous. Taneth fell to the Dominion during The Great War around 30 years in the past. Saadia is a young woman of anywhere between mid twenties to early thirties by all appearances so if she did what he claimed she would have had to done it as either an infant or toddler which is simply not plausible.

If you're approach to this is to attribute this to the developers being lore-ignorant then you can treat this like several other quests. Like the Stormcloak/Imperial quest line, it's a morally ambiguous quest where either direction could be the right or wrong one and there simply is no definitive answer.

My approach to it is that, even disregarding lore, Kematu is still untrustworthy. He's a hired mercenary, essentially a bounty hunter in this quest, whose ultimate motivation is money which he offers to share with you if you help him capture Saadia. His basic impulse is to appeal to your greed, whereas Saadia's is to appeal to your sense of compassion. He hires and equips bandits, violent predatory criminals, instead of hiring reputable hirelings like the ones you meet throughout the game. His fellow mercs harass every Redguard woman they come accross in Skyrim almost to the point of kidnapping them. It's no suprise at all that the guards of Whiterun kick them out of the city and throw one of them in prison.

Saadia's trustworthiness is also in question based on something that Kematu says
when all three of you meet at the Whiterun Stables after you agree to help Kematu and trick Saadia into heading there with you
. The implication is that she uses deception to manipulate people into helping her.

That being said, based on what we know about The Great War and the fall of Taneth, Taneth would have fallen to the Thalmor regardless of whether they had assistance from Saadia. For whatever role she may have played, she's already paid a heavy price by having to flee her homeland, on the constant run, to eventually end up in Whiterun to live the life of a commoner. Her alleged actions would have been those of a youth, and I can live with helping someone like that evade capture from a bounty hunter if it turns out I'm wrong about her. On the other hand if I help Kematu, I may be sending an innocent woman to her death just to get a cut of the bounty on her. That's not acceptable to me so the decision was easy.

Scar

Redneck DragonBorn Nord
I killed Kematu. I like Sadia. She always took care of me at the Bannered Mare and I have a soft spot for ladies in need. Killing Kematu was fun. It was like: PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE DRAGONBORN STRIKES!

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
When Sadia told me that people after her were assassins, I decided to help Kematu.
I figured helping an assassin was the right choice for my assassin character.
Then I heard that they weren't assassin's, but I still thought it was the right decision, because if they weren't lying, I would have been manipulated by Sadia.
Either way, I help Kematu.

Pete

I heard there is an urn in the white run hall of the dead containing sadia's remains if you go with Kematu

Bira96

Both of their stories are flawed, as better explained by the people above. (I am new to The Elder Scrolls myself, so I don't really understand the contradictions too well) I have two characters and have helped Kematu and Sadia, but I prefer to help Kematu. Sadia and I never got along (Until Sadia walked up to me and said, "You brighten my day whenever you come around," before I even began the quest. Then she gave me fancy clothes. WTF?) and she usually acted like a beotch around me. It's not like anyone in Whiterun actually misses her when she's gone, either.

Alissa DeWitt

Beer Wench
Both stories are sketchy, but I thought Kematu's was more believable. If the Aldmeri Dominion were really after Saadia I think they would send their own people (like they always seem to) and not hired Redguard assassins. Death for speaking out against the Dominion seems pretty extreme, hence a hastily made lie. Also, Saadia asks for death and Kematu asks for justice. I'm more the type to deliver justice.