• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rhubarb&Custard

Bit of a spoiler for those who haven't done the thieves guild questline, so be forewarned. :)

I'm at the stage where Karliah takes Brynjolf and your character to become Nightingales. We enter the Sepulcher, fine, she reels off her speech about being the first uninitiated, yes, fine blah blah, we don our armour, fine, but when it comes to actually speaking with Nocturnal, she just walks off, right before she's supposed to open the gate into the room. The conversation she had with Brynjolf right before she opens the gate repeats itself, with Karliah walking back off to Riften. :confused: I've tried waiting, re-loading from a previous save, but she just walks off, leaving poor Brynjolf and I in the lurch. Has anyone else had this glitch? Is there a specific console command to get her to open the gate and continue the questline? :sadface:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Try attacking her, it may cause her to turn around and then open the gate or tell her that you don't understand the full meaning of being a Nightingale.

Neriad13

Premium Member
No, I know a better fix. The exact same thing happened to me. I'll quote the Wiki on it.

Karliah is supposed to open the gate. Instead of doing so, Karliah will walk back to Riften. She is considered 'Busy', and so is 'Brynjolf' when spoken to.

Solution: stand closer to the gate while Karliah is speaking and asks the Dragonborn to accept the oath. Standing on the steps and waiting for her to come to the Dragonborn is the simplest way to prevent her from wandering off.

And if that doesn't work, try the console command <player.placeatme prid 00058F1>

Rhubarb&Custard

I fear it may be too late, as I got annoyed and saved whilst she was in Riften and quit the game. :sadface: I might try your console command, I was looking up how to get to the next stage of the quest anyway.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
And if that doesn't work, try the console command <player.placeatme prid 00058F1>
I don't recommend using that console command ever for NPCs. Contrary to what some people believe it doesn't move the NPC to the player. It places a clone next to the player. You'll end up with 2 Karliah's and the second Karlliah may not act properly for the quest because her scripts for the the prior quests may need to be activated before she acts accordingly at Nightingale Hall.

Don't you have a prior save you could use? If you're on a PC you can save hundreds of games and it wont make a dent in your game's performance or your hard drive unless you're on a very old computer so you should always make lots of savepoints so you can circumvent bugs.

Save your game and find Karliah using the command "player.moveto 00058f1a" and try to reset her by attacking her and/or telling her that you don't understand the full meaning of being a Nightingale and see if she makes her way back to Nightingale Hall. Either way you can try and use the console command "disable" on the gate and "setstage tg08a 52"

Rhubarb&Custard

I don't recommend using that console command ever for NPCs. Contrary to what some people believe it doesn't move the NPC to the player. It places a clone next to the player. You'll end up with 2 Karliah's and the second Karlliah may not act properly for the quest because her scripts for the the prior quests may need to be activated before she acts accordingly at Nightingale Hall.

Don't you have a prior save you could use? If you're on a PC you can save hundreds of games and it wont make a dent in your game's performance or your hard drive unless you're on a very old computer so you should always make lots of savepoints so you can circumvent bugs.

Save your game and find Karliah using the command "player.moveto 00058f1a" and try to reset her by attacking her and/or telling her that you don't understand the full meaning of being a Nightingale and see if she makes her way back to Nightingale Hall. Either way you can try and use the console command "disable" on the gate and "setstage tg08a 52"
I'm guilty of only saving when I remember. :oops: I've taken to quicksaving before difficult bits, and when I know i'm going to face a powerful baddie. I did have a save right as I entered the Sepulcher, and I went back to that to see if it would work, and to see where she'd gone, but that was only an autosave.

Rhubarb&Custard

Managed to fix it using this. Thank you!:D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts