• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Kalib

Now that sucks. I was looking forward to a somewhat big turnout, and possible Fallout RPing.

Also. One of my favorite animes to RP is Fullmetal Alchemist. I used to play as a chimera. A chameleon chimera. I used the pigment ability to make transmutation circles on the body without people knowing. I had a leather jacket with iron rods in it Iu used to transform into wings, and metal vambrace with same polarity magnets I used to draws in electrons to discharge lightning, the finger tips had flint on them so I could do the Mustang fire thing.

fish-with-feathers

King of Trash
    FMA is a great show! One of my faves! One thing I always wished though is to learn/see more of Xing. Haven't ever tried RPing it though, but it could be interesting! As for your FMA RP charater mate, did they have any major weakness?

Kalib

I found it to be more frustrating than anything most of the time. I studied chemistry and physics, so the alchemical concept behind it was really fun to me, but a lot of people didn't get, in my opinion, that they were changing atomic structure rather than number.

And as for weaknesses, the basic weakness of the mortal coil. A lot of what made him dangerous were the two aforementioned items. And for some reason, people always tried to copy Mustang, but nobody ever tried to copy my gauntlets.

I used to RP a lot of stuff back when AOL was still a thing. We used to RP in chat rooms. Some of my favorites were Final Fantasy 7, Star Wars, Teen Titans, Naruto and Bleach. Oh and also Lord of The Rings. But mostly because it was close to D&D. I'm actually looking for a running LoTR forum now. Along with Mass Effect, and maybe try my hand at Fallout. Especially after the new game comes out.

I'm so excited for the next Mass Effect game! And Teen Titans? Like the show? I loved it, used to stay up till midnight on Saturdays to see it cuz that was the only time it was on Cartoon Network anymore! Did you know that they've remade them in this new show Teen Titans Go? I can't really stand it myself. Pardon my language, but they've basically turned them all into selfish assholes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Kalib

They did that for comedic effect, as far as I'm concerned. No way in hell the guy voicing Robin ever gets taken seriously. Jesse McCartney did a better job in Young Justice.

Also, I'm looking forward to that game as well. I'm curious to see how far into the future they go after the destruction of the Mass Relays. That, and I have ideas for weapons designs and ammunition variations. Maybe some armor. I definitely wanna try out my Star Wars ship design in Mass Effect. Considering some of the inspiration for it came from Mass Effect.

Kalib

Okay, million questions time. I'll start off with two, though. What species was your favorite? And had you the chance to design your own character for the series, what kind of character would you create?

I was always fond of the Turians, probably just because Garrus is my favorite companion. Other than that, I've always thought the Asari to be pretty cool. And character wise, I've never really thought about it before; let me get back to you on that one. Also, Young Justice was awesome!

Kalib

I'm sad they only had two seasons. The way they left things, the third season would have been great.

Also! I liked Garrus as well. He was a really well fleshed out character that made you feel as though the friendship in the game was genuine and not the result of someone saying you were friends. Like there was an actual and honest relationship there.

And I liked the Asari too, for their prowess with biotics. The Krogan I respected for their physical strength and battle hardened nature. Oh. And the humans were awesome as well. Iffor no other reason than iI said so.

I gave a little bit of thought to a character, but I doubt I'd ever get the chance to use him. I actually like the concept of Miranda from the second game. A science experiment in human form. What I'd do is take matriarch DNA along with biotic human DNA, and an already existent asari/ human and study them all until you could fully and safely combine the human and asari matriarch DNA into a asari/ human hybrid that looks human. But I'd also mess with cell density and keep the unit in a pressurized pod to force the unit to physically adapt to the high gravity like environment it was in. But, that's just my mad scientist ideas.

A most intriguing idea indeed! And expanding on the Garrus feeling like an actual friend thing, another interesting thing I'd like to note is that only he and Tali stay with you for all three games. Other companions come and go and sometimes even come back again, but Garrus and Tali are with you through thick and thin right up until the end.
    Okay, so that's two questions down, only 999,998 to go!

Kalib

Actually that's a good point. I played the first one and had a romance with Ashley, then had a romance with the tattooed biotic, whose name escapes me at the moment, and Ashley and I argued over that romance in the third game, even though she decided to not join the crew in the second game.

But having Garrus in the squad was almost a staple for me. While I'm rushing in, guns blazing, I had him hang back and shoot with his sniper rifle. If he wasn't in my squad, I had him leading his own. Tali proved pretty good as well, with her technical knowhow and drones. I especially liked the dialogue between she and Legion. Legion posed as another interesting character, but I think my opinion on that is brought on by the fact that I'm kind of a cyber nerd.

I saw there was a thread on here for a Mass Effect adventure, but that was some time ago. Hoping that and the Witcher thread comes back into play.

Also. Is our little adventure dead? I only ask because no one else has posted since my last post, and it's been a few days. I have some pretty cool items worked out for you guys to acquire. Demi artifact type things.

Kalib

I'd also like to see a Dishonored storyline, but at the same time, I wouldn't look forward to the constant abuse of the teleportation ability.

Kalib

Jack! Jack was her name. That's the one I had the romance with in games two and three.

And. I found something I felt was hilarious and wanted to get your opinion on the matter. A non active forum I crossed for Mass Effect stated that no one could sneak weapons on to the Citadel because the security enforcement was too tight. Considering the fact that the game allows you to bring weapons aboard the station and the missions involving fire fights on the station, how do you feel about that rule on the inactive forum?

Lol, that's a hilarious rule. Did it take place after the events of ME3? I'd believe it only if they claimed that, in it's being rebuilt, some new, major security measures were implemented. Even then, I feel that those who'd really want them would find a way to either sneak them in or craft them themselves.

And I loved Jack! She was so bad ass, but totally has a soft side that she keeps hidden. I loved how she became a biotics teacher in ME3.

As for the RP, I've been waiting for someone else to post, but nobody's been on in a while. I'll probably just post something soon when I get the time.

Hjalund Erikson

The Madman! o.0
    I'm sorry if I am uninvited... But I've been looking for a good pointer to an RP I can join up with, since I am new to this site and my old site's RP forums were shut down for some dumb reason. So, uh, any ideas?

Kalib

You could always join our adventure. We have one going on in "Of Blood and Vengeance". I'm GMing it. It's open to anyone and everyone.

Kalib

Just look it up in the search bar. Oh. And light side or dark side?

And! I updated Kalib's profile. I made mention of Scarlett and Agandaur. Also. I agree about that. C-Sec has weapons on the Citadel. All someone had to do was hit up their supplies. Which is actually an issue in the third game I believe.

Kalib

It's okay. My main Star Wars character is a gray sider as well. But then again I employ strange tactics. Strange, but effective.

On a lighter note, I've found a Lord of The Rings forum to mess up. I now does a happy dance.

Hjalund Erikson

The Madman! o.0
    Wait, Star Wars? I thought you meant for the Elder Scrolls... I don't have any Star Wars characters! And, do we have any threads up, yet?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts