Xbox 360 Just got Skryim and got a Question ><

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CidFTW

JUST SAW I MISS SPELLED SKYRIM IN MY TOPIC EPIC FAIL

Question 1:
If I make a poison and put it on my dagger then sneak attack having the x15 damage skill will the damage be added to the sneak attack?

Question 2:
I been looking over this site and other seeing if Armsman add damage to dagger but I see yes 50% of the time and 50% of the time no so please anyone know?
So the damage will be added to sneak attack too?

Question 3
Why do some people only put 2 pts in smithing?

Last Question 4
What the best alchemy skill needed and what one are not.

Any tips would be nice.
I going to make a alchemy/assassin (just wanted to ask a question first)

I always play my game on a hard mode but not the hardly the first time but not easy or normal on the first play

Thx and sorry for my bad ENGLISH :cowboy:

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I can at least answer question 2: Yes, the Armsman perk (One-Handed weapons do 20% more damage) affects all one-handed weapons, including Swords, daggers, war axes and maces.

CidFTW

I can at least answer question 2: Yes, the Armsman perk (One-Handed weapons do 20% more damage) affects all one-handed weapons, including Swords, daggers, war axes and maces.
Thanks for the quick reply. I hope I can get the other to answer soon.
So the damage will be added to sneak attack too? ^_^

Adam Warlock

1. yes
3. some people wear clothes or robes and not armor so smithing not as important to them
4. the more expensive potions you make the faster your alchemy skill rises
selling the potion raises your speech likewise based on value
Health potions which include a Giant`s Toe as an ingredient a good way to level up alchemy

Human Flesh , Imp Stool , and Slaughterfish Egg make a damn fine poison for an assassin`s blade

CidFTW

1. yes
3. some people wear clothes or robes and not armor so smithing not as important to them
4. the more expensive potions you make the faster your alchemy skill rises
selling the potion raises your speech likewise based on value
Health potions which include a Giant`s Toe as an ingredient a good way to level up alchemy

Human Flesh , Imp Stool , and Slaughterfish Egg make a damn fine poison for an assassin`s blade
Thanks its kinda of funny the first reply I got when I was making my sandwich and the 2nd reply I got when I got done. Can you hear that?!?!!?? Sound like its Skyrim Time on the 360.

So basic I can use robes and add effect to them make them better but have low or no def.
Like added + dagger damage or HP so on right

Adam Warlock

1. clarifying prior answer : poison damage is not multiplied with x15 sneak perk but the poison damage will be added to the increased physical damage inflicted

Adam Warlock

no perks required in smithing to improve any armor you find or buy , just not as much improvement for each set without a particular perk.
with your alchemy skills , you can make Fortify Enchanting potions to create apparel enchants that boost your smithing. If you then wear that apparel and drink a Fortify Smithing potion before improving armor you can get fairly decent protection

consider alteration(flesh armor spells) or restoration/health potions investment for protection if you`re not going to smith.
most assassins like to get the job done quickly and quietly with hit and run tacics and/or sniping rather than face-to-face combat but sometimes you just gotta fight straight up.
In my experience , a left hand healing spell is less interruptive of play while in combat than having to go to menu to drink a potion but either way will work.
for a sneak , alteration spells do have a downside because they can be heard until you get the silent casting perk. still useful if you don`t cast flesh armor until after you`re detected

CidFTW

1. clarifying prior answer : poison damage is not multiplied with x15 sneak perk but the poison damage will be added to the increased physical damage inflicted
So say the dagger does 1 damage and I get x15 damage for sneak with dagger and say the poison does 5 damage I would do 20 damage from a sneak attack from the back?

If not how it work?

Right now I trying to make a good build for the 2nd hardest mode. I am using
Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! to try to find a good build before doing it.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Question 3
Why do some people only put 2 pts in smithing?

Mostly, because you can only get a maximum of 80 perks ever, and there are far more than 80 perks on the trees.

Sean

lost somewhere
Skyrim is a very buggy game, and many of the quests have dead ends that can be fixed by using the console commands on PC.

I recommend keeping in mind that save can be converted from Xbox to PC and vice versa, and anything that you do that doesn't used added content on the PC, will stay when your save is on the Xbox again.

Here are a few examples, but will not say spoilers:

-to make the game harder, I used 'advlevel' (console command) once I got to 65 to get to 99, so the enemies will scale higher
-made it so followers will level with the player
-In Solitude, you can get a house, you need to use a console command to trigger the guest bedroom from spawning, then have to remove other items in the room that remain (like boxes)
-fixing some cities
-fixed the gildergreen sapling to show
-allowed some typically non-playable items to be playable via favorites (Head Wrap Bandages, Blindfold, Elder Scroll, the only hood in the game that works on vampires)
-and a lot more things that wouldn't fit on one post

CidFTW

Skyrim is a very buggy game, and many of the quests have dead ends that can be fixed by using the console commands on PC.

I recommend keeping in mind that save can be converted from Xbox to PC and vice versa, and anything that you do that doesn't used added content on the PC, will stay when your save is on the Xbox again.

Here are a few examples, but will not say spoilers:

-to make the game harder, I used 'advlevel' (console command) once I got to 65 to get to 99, so the enemies will scale higher
-made it so followers will level with the player
-In Solitude, you can get a house, you need to use a console command to trigger the guest bedroom from spawning, then have to remove other items in the room that remain (like boxes)
-fixing some cities
-fixed the gildergreen sapling to show
-allowed some typically non-playable items to be playable via favorites (Head Wrap Bandages, Blindfold, Elder Scroll, the only hood in the game that works on vampires)
-and a lot more things that wouldn't fit on one post
Was this a miss post on the wrong topic?

Sean

lost somewhere
He said
Any tips would be nice.
I going to make a alchemy/assassin (just wanted to ask a question first)

So I gave a tip, may not have been completely related to the alchemy/assassin thing, but even just using the console on the console can give a few more bits of entertainment for the game.

You can even use 'setpos' or 'setangle' to customize rooms, or even add things to areas.

So, may not have been specifically related, but it is as a "tip."

CidFTW

He said

So I gave a tip, may not have been completely related to the alchemy/assassin thing, but even just using the console on the console can give a few more bits of entertainment for the game.

You can even use 'setpos' or 'setangle' to customize rooms, or even add things to areas.

So, may not have been specifically related, but it is as a "tip."

I see. I can't for Adam to reply or someone about this

I just want to know how it work and if it worth spend pts in it. If sneak attack with a dagger + x15 damage with dagger + poison works I spend a few pts now.

LiL KiNG

Further on #3... there is an exploit with alchemy and fortify restoration potions that makes it so you wouldn't even need enchanting, alchemy or smithing perks (short of steel and the magic armor smithing perks), thus allowing you to spend those perks elsewhere.

But it's not something I'd suggest as it kinda ruins the game and I hope it gets fixed soon. You just need to buy some alchemy enhancing gear (the higher the % the faster it works) and craft a Fort Restoration potion, drink it, take your gear off/put back on to refresh the new bonus, make another Fort Rest potion, repeat, repeat, repeat until the % is so ridiculously high you can make a fort enchanting or fort smithing potion that will give you god-like results. You can smith an iron weapon with higher damage than daedric this way, or give your fur armor a higher bonus than dragonbone.
For some reason this loop works, and if you're perk hungry its a way to avoid the crafting perks almost entirely, but its pretty lame. To each their own though. At least its not item duping, oh wait, someone figured out a way to do that too...

On #4: I'm a fan of the poison resistance perk as I usually play a race that does not have it's own resistance. I also like going the poison route since I don't usually eat my ingredients... seems kinda dumb like a cop tasting the 'white substance' to determine if its cocaine or not...

CidFTW

Further on #3... there is an exploit with alchemy and fortify restoration potions that makes it so you wouldn't even need enchanting, alchemy or smithing perks (short of steel and the magic armor smithing perks), thus allowing you to spend those perks elsewhere.

But it's not something I'd suggest as it kinda ruins the game and I hope it gets fixed soon. You just need to buy some alchemy enhancing gear (the higher the % the faster it works) and craft a Fort Restoration potion, drink it, take your gear off/put back on to refresh the new bonus, make another Fort Rest potion, repeat, repeat, repeat until the % is so ridiculously high you can make a fort enchanting or fort smithing potion that will give you god-like results. You can smith an iron weapon with higher damage than daedric this way, or give your fur armor a higher bonus than dragonbone.
For some reason this loop works, and if you're perk hungry its a way to avoid the crafting perks almost entirely, but its pretty lame. To each their own though. At least its not item duping, oh wait, someone figured out a way to do that too...

No No I don't want to cheat. I just trying to find out a few question before spending pts being you can't reset then. I love poison and dagger but I don't know how the sneak attack and x6 or x15 damage with them work with poison.

Like can I put poison on my dagger and sneak up and sneak attack getting the x15 damage from the dagger and + damage from the poison I put on my dagger before the attack.

PS; Just trying to setup my person before playing don't want to mess up being I going to play with this char alot and not playing the 2nd hardest mode.

CidFTW

Not trying to tell you to cheat, just trying to explain why some people only use 2 perks in smithing short of being a robe wearing caster.
Oh sorry I read what you type and take it the wrong way. Thanks for telling me why. If you have any more tips for assassin or know the answer to

Question 1:
If I make a poison and put it on my dagger then sneak attack having the x15 damage skill will the damage be added to the sneak attack?

Adam Warlock

1. say you had a dagger that was base 8 dmg and you improved it to 10.
a successful sneak attack with Assassin`s Blade perk would do 150 physical dmg
if you had gloves or hand wraps from the Dark Brotherhood (double damage) it would be 300
Poison damage , Armsman perk as previously mentioned , and enchantment(s) on the dagger further increase your chance for a quick kill

Good Hunting !

CidFTW

a successful sneak attack with Assassin`s Blade perk would do 150 physical dmg
if you had gloves or hand wraps from the Dark Brotherhood (double damage) it would be 300
Poison damage , Armsman perk as previously mentioned , and enchantment(s) on the dagger further increase your chance for a quick kill

Good Hunting !
Thanks Adam for the reply. I am happy that I can do the 2 thing I want and they work together alchemy (mainly poison and dagger Sneak Attacks)

This one a thing I was thinking other then poison what happening if I sneak attack with a dagger that has paralysis on it and don't get the 1 hit kill the person may become paralysis and fall down if so I would be :Dragonborn:

you mean by the grindstone right or the poison?
I think you mean the grindstone but making sure.

Good Hunting !

I am just trying to write down my setup like what race would be the best for expert mode and what perks and where I could spend my stats on before I make my char don't want to miss it up being I could put 100hour on the person maybe more