I've never seen anything like this.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
In the soul cairn, I ran up some steps to what I THOUGHT was just one of those archery puzzles, and ran smack into a Keeper. So I blasted him point blank in the belly with a dragon bone arrow. (I'm expert with archery level at 100 with all perks). He began to spin wildly in the air and bounce all around like the Tasmanian Devil! I kept watching him because heck, I want his loot! After about 30 seconds of spinning and bouncing, he landed, and was still alive, but barely. I finished him off with another arrow, and he flew SKY HIGH and never came down.

Do you have an "I've never seen anything like this" story?

ColleenG

Tyer032392

Well, I saw a dragon fighting a giant and the giant hit him giving him a free ticket into space. Oh, and I was also bombarded by horkers falling from the sky by Steepfall Burrow and the last one getting hit by an ice spike meant for me, and a vampire and vigilant fighting one another.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Oh man, I could write a book...

While fighting the dragon at the Western Watchtower, the Khajiit caravan that usually sets up shop outside of Whiterun came running down the road and started trying to stab it. Then a giant turned up as well and started swinging at it with his club :confused: It was a hot mess. Apparently everyone wanted a piece of Mirmulnir that day.

What else...it rained mammoths on Mjoll and I one day. Three of them fell out of the sky around us and collapsed on the ground, dead. I watched a dead Draugr flailing around endlessly in a doorway, like he was in a tumble dryer. Outside the College of Winterhold I found a dragon skeleton hanging limply in the air, with his head stuck up inside the roof.

Oh, and I saw Serana resurrect a dead Alvor during a dragon fight in Riverwood...after it was over, zombie Alvor leaves Serana and calmly walks into the Sleeping Giant like nothing happened, then turns into ash just inside the door.

L.t. Aldo Raine

Do I look like I fetch the mead?

Amaryllis

One time, I was running around the area outside Solitude (honestly, this, the Reach, and Hjaalmarch are where I spend the vast majority of my time in this game). I shoot an arrow into the air, just messing around. Nothing happens, I think nothing of it.

Anyway, I went into Wolfskull Cave, or whatever that place is called, and did the quest for Falk Firebeard. I exit the cave, and standing right outside is like 20 Stormcloaks, and they all just go apeplops on me. Since I don't think the Stormcloaks get internet, and thus couldn't have gotten on to read one of the many derogatory essays I have written about them, I'm guessing my fired arrow actually, inexplicably, found a target. I wouldn't have ever thought that possible, or that they'd follow that far even if it was.

Also had a dragon spawn at some graveyard somewhere (I think it was in the south, but I could be wrong). I saw it from a distance, and me and my companions ran toward it, ready for an epic fight. Except...there were these bandits, and they ran up out of nowhere and straight up massacred the dragon. Made it look easy. I spared those bandits, out of respect. In my imagination, they were out for revenge, and afterward they realized there was something legitimate they were actually really good at, and they became contributing members of society, hiring themselves out to protect villages.

Then there was the Ysolda thing, but I do believe I've already told that story around these parts.

I'm glad Bethesda's inconsistent, nutball programming allows for moments like these. I honestly think the games would be lesser without these weird stories to tell.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
I was palying a low leveled character and I was doing some quest in the solitude blue palace. After I got out a dragon landed in front of my face. I got frustrated and entered the palace again. After about 5 seconds I got out and there were 2 dragons on the ground and one on the sky.
Meme-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
I'm glad Bethesda's inconsistent, nutball programming allows for moments like these. I honestly think the games would be lesser without these weird stories to tell.

I recall hearing/reading that they had actually planned for some very seriously deep random encounters in the existing random encounters system, but decided not to do that because people did(as in testing)/would(as in players) think something was actually wrong with their game.

Might be BS, might not be. I dunno, there's a lot of left over yet unused stuff in Skyrim. Bless the modding community for digging for those. :D

L.t. Aldo Raine

Do I look like I fetch the mead?

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
2 random dragons was fighting with me and idk if one got mad at the other for tryin to set me on fire or what but they started fighting each other i just stopped and watched........it was epic :)

ColleenG

Here's a new one: A Khajiit came after me and I killed him with my bow. His tail stuck in the ground and he slid down the hill, and as he slid, his tail stretched and stretched and stretched. Now his little dead tail is about 50 feet long, I'd guess.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
In whiterun plains, Turning around to see where marcurio was at, and therer a dragon ( I swear it was smiling, and wagging its tail)non hostile, and so it kept following me like a dog.

A rabbit was being chased by a giant.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts