Xbox 360 Ive lost shadowmere! :(

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Primrose the huntress

Master assassin/nightingale
So i bought a horse for my house in lakeview manor, rode it once. That was over a month ago (long story short, ive been in hospital for the past month or so). Now i cant remember where i left shadowmere! :eek: Does anyone know how to get her back? Please help! :)

rlang290

Fast travel to any location and Shadowmere should be there. Usually a smaller location works better than a City.
Hope this works for you!

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds
Fast travel to any stable or imperial/stormcloak camp and he'll be within view. Fast travel to a city (Whiterun etc) and you should find him relatively close to the city entrance

JClarke1953

How did you buy Shadowmere? When I got him, he was a "gift" from Astrid not long before the place was destroyed and Astrid tortured and left for dead on the floor.

Larry Bowen

I was told that Shadowmere was indestructable. DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT! My wife was playing my character on XBOX the other day and got involved in a dragon fight where there were many soldiers around and involed in the fight also. After the fight was over, we found Shadowmere dead on the road. When we searched him, there were 27 different arrows in him(iron, steel, and glass arrows). It was right after the recent xbox upgrade was installed. Just an FYI. Shadowmere WILL die.

JClarke1953

Yeh, he CAN be killed. A bunch of Foresworn got mine before. Went to a save to keep him. BUT, he does hold his own when you battle Alduin at the Throat of the World. He'll keep him occupied on the ground while you can go to the side, use shout's and whatever to do him in. At least that worked for me the first time some weeks ago. Don't know if that's considered a glitch or anything noticeable by Bethesda to "fix" or not as yet.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I was told that Shadowmere was indestructable.
Shadowmere was tagged as essential in Oblivion and therefore unkillable so a lot of players assumed Shadowmere would be unkillable in Skyrim as well. Instead he has lots of health and very high health regeneration making him seem unkillable in most instances. While Shadowmere can die in Skyrim, he respawns wherever he was killed 10 days later if you don't revisit the area during that time.

Primrose the huntress

How did you buy Shadowmere? When I got him, he was a "gift" from Astrid not long before the place was destroyed and Astrid tortured and left for dead on the floor.
No i meant i bought another horse, rode it, (so it became my default horse), and cant remember where i left shadowmere!

Medea

The Shadow Queen
No i meant i bought another horse, rode it, (so it became my default horse), and cant remember where i left shadowmere!

Did you buy Dawnguard? I left Shadowmere at Volikhar Castle. When I came back, he (or she) was standing near the bridge.

Hatter

The Mad Hatter
Try to kill that horse you bought and then fast travel to somewhere,of course don't save after you kill it so you can reload if this doesn't work out.

JClarke1953

I bought one horse, and it kept leaving my stable. I swiped another after raiding a Stormcloaks camp, and it kept wandering, even at High Hrothgar. So I sent it over a cliff. When I had Shadowmere, he never wandered off, and stayed put in the stable unless a Dragon stopped to "visit". So, until I decide to join the Dark Brotherhood, I'll just fast travel or conjure up the "horse" I got while in the Soul Cairn.

Primrose the huntress

I FOUND HIM YAYYYY! He was at Sarethi farm near windhelm. Thanks for all the suggestions though guys! :)