• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Squiddish

I'm one of those people who spent literally HOURS setting up Rosethorn Hall in Oblivion. I'm on XBox 360, so no mods, no cheats... just hours of setting up rare armor and weapons the way I wanted them. My house was a museum, and I was proud. I filled up bookshelves with quest and skill books. Covered racks in ingredients, carefully laid sets up armor in nooks.

In Skyrim, whenever I place and item and then leave, when I return to the house the items I set up are just strewn across the ground. Its like the game is incapable of saving where I put my items. I put the Dwemer Puzzle Cube on a table, left, re-entered, and it was on the floor on the NEXT FLOOR UP. At first I thought my Housecarl was just knocking stuff over (reason my companion waits outside the door), but I murdered her and it still happened.

This is EXTREMELY disappointing. I was upset enough at the ridiculous difficulty of positioning items now, but seriously? Now it won't even save? If its relevant, I'm using the house in Solitude.

Any way to fix this?

EDIT: Also, lack of display cases is :sadface:

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
but I murdered her and it still happened.
I lol'd

But yeah, I'm not sure if it is a glitch or the game just can't memorize where every items are. Sometimes when I travel across Skyrim, I find weapons of my fallen foes floating in the air. Every time I pass by a dragon skeleton that I defeated, it's positioned differently. In fact, when I approach the skeleton from a distance, I can see the bones appear out of thin air and drop down.

Squiddish

I lol'd

But yeah, I'm not sure if it is a glitch or the game just can't memorize where every items are. Sometimes when I travel across Skyrim, I find weapons of my fallen foes floating in the air. Every time I pass by a dragon skeleton that I defeated, it's positioned differently. In fact, when I approach the skeleton from a distance, I can see the bones appear out of thin air and drop down.
Hey, she's gonna knock over my stuff, she's gonna die.

But yeah, I've seen the dragons drop too. It just makes me sad, there's so much more cool stuff in Skyrim, and I can't set up mah house :sadface:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts