Xbox 360 Is there anywhere I can find a pure black hood?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

T1d3

Article Writer
I know you get one for the Dark Brotherhood, but it looks rather stupid on Male characters. is there a place where you can find a dark black hood or even just a dark colored hood?

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
vampire hood is pure black so is the guild masters hood. elderscrolls wiki can help you out in finding those

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
The Guild Master armor always seemed dark blue to me, not black. There's also the Apprentice Hood, which also has a dark blue tint to it. Still pretty dark though.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
If you don't mind the face part, the nightingale hood would be a good choice.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
The Guild Master armor always seemed dark blue to me, not black. There's also the Apprentice Hood, which is a dark blue tint to it. Still pretty dark though.
apprenti e hood has that thread or fur trim around it though

Thallik the Orc

Blacksmith
a necromancer hood is pretty black

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
They did, as in the Dark Brotherhood hood. It's just not to your liking. They can't help that.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Shrouded Cowl is pure black. If you don't know you get it from the Dark Brotherhood. If you get a worn shrouded cowl, that's one you can enchant if that's what you're looking for, but it has a red bandana over your face which makes the entire item not show up on Argonians and Khajiit. And the bandana doesn't show up on mer characters, but the hood does. But the original shrouded cowl shows up on all characters. I hope this helps.

Generally Crappy

Member in Good Standing of House Redoran
Alik'r hood is a good option, as well as the Execution Hood that you can get from the Dark Brotherhood quest, "With Friends Like These."

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
And? It's still a dark coloration. And I've used it with my Nightingale Armor and it looked fine. It gets the job done.
I guess we just have different definitions of the word pure.

There is a Black Mage Hood, but the only place I've found them is the Labrynthian, at the end of the College of Winterhold quest, on Skeletons. You may have to savescum for them. 20Magicka, so they can't be re-enchanted.

The Shrouded Cowl is available faceless, same shelf you get the hood, robes, shoes, and handwraps, but it's pre-enchanted(Fortify Archery) and counts as Light Armor. I like the Shrouded Hood, but yeah, the only other option is Hooded Robes, but I'm guessing this is to match some sort of armor?

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Like K33L said, Nightingale Hood is pure black is probably your best choice. Guild Master's Hood, Apprentice Hood, and Dark Brotherhood Cowl are the only other ones I can think of.

Also, while Linwe's Hood isn't black, I find it typically goes with most black outfits...unless you're wearing something that's a dark, solid black. Just throwing out there as an option.

What armor are you looking to match a hood for? I can then figure out what you might need.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts