Is there any way to abort an arrow shot if the string is already pulled back?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SaveVsBedWet

Sort of small and insignificant by comparison, but just something I wondered last night while trying to sneak up on a fort full of people with my bow and then realizing that the one I was targeting would not be dropped from behind even with 3X damage on one shot and was too close for me to change out the bow to my dual wield weapons without taking at least one big hit from a warhammer.

Seems lame that if you change your mind you have to fire into the ground and then retrieve your own arrow. Especially if you're in stealth mode and the sound of the bowstring alerts your target. Anyone know how to un-nock an arrow?

SaveVsBedWet

sheathe the weapon. I don't know the button on other platforms, but it's X on 360.

Really? That's all it takes? Wow. Sort of amazed I never actually tried that, thanks!

While I've got you here, are you aware of whether there is an actual limit to how many atronachs of the same type one can have summoned up simultaneously? It seems like I tried the other night to create a 1:1 ratio between my fire atronachs and the draughrs that were massing against me in one cavern but as soon as I had two up a third summoning made one of the others disappear. Am I just taking so long the 60 seconds runs out or is there an actual numbers limit?

Jaeger

I haven't got that far in Conjuration with 2 of my characters who has conjuration but when I had a zombie going with my necromancer I needed more dead'uns so I summoned a familiar and the zombie ashed on me. It was an AHA moment. I'm assuming you have twin souls, so two summonings should be your limit, be they familiar, dremora, elementals, etc.

I've heard tales of necromancers who has twin dead thralls who were great conjuror themselves who summons... I'll get there one day. I'm playing six characters...

SaveVsBedWet

Ahh okay. Thanks for the input from everyone on both of these questions. Actually, things happen so fast in battles it's hard to really recall the timing of stuff. I don't actually remember selecting Twin Souls from what I can only assume is the Conjuration tree, but I do know that each time I try to create an armada of fighters, I have been able to whip out two of them. Two flame atronachs cast one right after the other, and in other battles, I have summoned a storm atronach via a scroll and then immediately switched to a hand based fire atronach summoning. I just wasn't aware of the exact point at which any of them disappeared I guess, so when the 3rd casting took place, I didn't always know if the other two were still up. Now I know one wasn't.

Actually this also explains something else. Seemed like they were getting thrashed immediately every time. Instead, what was probably happening was that I was trying to set up a third one and inadvertently pulling one that was engaged out of the battle - at which point its opponent makes a beeline for me while I'm trying to switch back to dual wield, single with a shield, or even to another spell. In the immortal words of John Hammond from Jurassic Park, "DAHHM!!!!"

*smashes fist down on Enchanting Table*

Metallipath

Premium Member
Yep, you definitely have Twin Souls perk if you're double summoning. =) I arrived too late to answer your questions, doh!

I can't say (yet) what happens when you double summon with Twin Souls, summon with a scroll, and then use Spectral Assassin! I can only imagine you would become a 5 vs X team and completely annihilate! =D