Is the hero always in heavy armour?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lightningfalcon

Seems khajit...
Everytime i want to play a hero/superhero i always go with heavy armor and 1 or handed.

If it possible for something other to be heroic?

I was thinking on my khajit nightingale i could start a new life/be born again turning sneak legendary and putting the perk points in one handed and archery.

Like colonel stars and stripes from kick ass 2 and i want to fight like this guy (best superhero scene ever)(bit violent)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I always chose light armour and archery/sneak tactics. Mostly I have gone for Nightingale armour, but my latest character has crafted her own dragon scale armour.
Crafted some daedric armour and stomped around Skyrim for a while, filling soul gems with crafted soul capture daedric bow. Fun, but in the end I go back to light armour.
I love my dragon scale armour.:D

Ivory

Let's Player
Well the Dragonborn is a Hero of Skyrim. He wears dominantly light armor with a heavy shield and helmet. I don't know about boots. Anyway when I play hero characters I usually go with Nordic carved or a mixture of light and heavy.

AS88

Staff member
Other than the iron helmet, and possibly iron gauntlets, the guy who Bethesda advertised as the hero wasn't wearing particularly heavy armour..

Dawn

It is your game, and your imagination.

If you believe the protagonist can be heroic while wearing fur armor and using a bow or wearing robes and flinging fireballs or whatever else you can dream up, then they are.

sticky runes

i don't think there's any rule in the game stating that you must wear heavy armour if you're going to fight dragons and monsters and barbarians (though it seems like a sensible choice) I think a sorcerer would rather wear robes that enhance his magical attributes, for example. I'm currently playing a character who doesn't wear any armour whatsoever, light or heavy. Just robes or regular clothing and jewels. I probably won't ever fight dragons with this character, but I still use enchantments and there's always the mage armour perk that lets me increase my defenses when not wearing any defensive gear.

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
No, heavy armour is so restrictive. I always seem to wonder how I don't sink to the bottom when in the water wearing heavy armour. Light fits a Skyrim character so much better in my opinion. Think about it. Your character runs around the rugged terrain of Skyrim constantly, covering massive distances too. What sane hero would prefer to do this wearing an extra 80 odd kilos? Besides, wouldn't the harsh climate in Skyrim begin to rust a set of heavy armour over time? No, for me the hero is usually clad in light armour, Saviours Hide or fur.

TJ0331

Nords forever
Whatever you want man. Just use what you like or what fits your build.

Sahdira

Hurmph, Sahdira is dragonborn and she never wears heavy armor. She sneaks and uses a bow, but she is still a hero.

Many people have many ideals for what a hero is but no one ideal is correct. Life is full of choices. Just because one wears heavy armor does not make them a hero. And just because one is a sneaky archer does not make a person less of one.

TJ0331

Nords forever
No, heavy armour is so restrictive. I always seem to wonder how I don't sink to the bottom when in the water wearing heavy armour. Light fits a Skyrim character so much better in my opinion. Think about it. Your character runs around the rugged terrain of Skyrim constantly, covering massive distances too. What sane hero would prefer to do this wearing an extra 80 odd kilos? Besides, wouldn't the harsh climate in Skyrim begin to rust a set of heavy armour over time? No, for me the hero is usually clad in light armour, Saviours Hide or fur.

Some heavy armor is very acceptable such as ancient nordic armor because it has protection and fur for warmth.

TJ0331

Nords forever
Hurmph, Sahdira is dragonborn and she never wears heavy armor. She sneaks and uses a bow, but she is still a hero.

Many people have many ideals for what a hero is but no one ideal is correct. Life is full of choices. Just because one wears heavy armor does not make them a hero. And just because one is a sneaky archer does not make a person less of one.
I like the third person way of speaking :-)

Riven326

To be fair, one can simply ride a horse.