Is my character screwed up?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
What do you mean? I didnt really put infinite i set it to 9999 so its plenty.

Seems to me that the more I carry, the more likely I get freeze ups. Could be just me.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Most people like to make new characters because they can dive into different role playing stories or different skills for their characters. I love to make new characters because I can make different decisions, create a roleplay story for my character, try some different skills, and play the game differently :) It's not bad at all to make many characters, nor is it bad to have a jack-of-all-trades sort of character; I have one like that. I have four or five skills I focus on and I'm very powerful with all of them, so trust me, you CAN specialize in many skills and still be powerful :) It just depends how you apply your skills and how your character uses them!

Manmangler

For jack oall trades, I'll train skills that I wont use that times. So When I use Light armour, I'll train heavy armour.

I'm now in 59 level I use Ligt armour and my heavy armour is 90. Next I'll probaply train pickpocket, I won't use it.

jarif

Just mess around for now, try things out and see where things go. You will get familiar of how things work, I use to mess around when I first had the game. I once made a Khajiit thief, little did he know that he would be corrupted by the Oghma Infinium and became a badass Khajiit with Deadric armour whilst beating the Stormcloaks with a thirst of T- bagging... oops necrophilia (don't tell me you haven't done it before). :p :oops: And yeah, I use stray a lot from my character playstyle.

Ahh, the memories. I use to glitch around mountains and went to the very top of high throthgar before my appointed time just so I can jump off it. I use to punch the greybeards in the face just so they can freeze me off high throthgar like a little girl at Disney land.

That first moment, where you give someone a arrow in the knee, you might even become Robocop and just hunt people down just so you can shoot them in the knee.

I think theirs point where you just be something more or something, maybe either stop playing the game or you just want to be more immersive. Give your character a identity and roleplay, you'l eventually figure out the rest.

Welcome, for your first time.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
But if i am being like a jack of all trades kinda guy wouldnt that make me more versatile also? What if a monster is immune to magic but deadly up close, i will have some archery experience to take him out or something.

And do people really start new characters all the way from the dragon attack in helgen? If you already have a character do you get boosts or something?

>> Beside all the above advises, you should always consider to have at least 5 perks invested in one-handed for melee combat, regardless of your class, because sometimes, you would need to fight in close encounters situation. Archery, allow you to kill from distance but it is much more effective when you combine it with sneaking.
Personally, I am a battle-mage night blade warrior style. That means, that I have invested my perks in : Sneak, Archery, One-Handed, Light Armor and Destruction Magic ( just double casting / impact / and fire damage ); remember that you also have in your advantage, the shouts and some very good spells that you should consider, especially, Paralyze spell, which allow you to practically put your enemy on-pause while you approach them and kill them easily; also, if you use Slow Time ( with the 3 shouts active ) you have more advantage that anything else. Enemies attack in pack of 3 most of the time and if you shout the slow time when approaching them, you should be able to kill them before the shout deplete. This is my tactic when facing vamps, slow time and if for some reason I cannot kill them all before my shout deplete, then I do have my paralyze spell on my left hand available. The other way around it is to kill your enemies while sneaking ( considering that you have a very high level of sneaking ) with your dagger or bow. I use Destruction Magic but on humans / animals enemy type only. Just my 2 cents.;)

AS88

Staff member
Beside all the above advises, you should always consider to have at least 5 perks invested in one-handed for melee combat, regardless of your class, because sometimes, you would need to fight in close encounters situation.

Consider? Maybe.

Sometimes the whole idea of a character is that they're terrible up close. What's the point in playing like a pure mage or thief if they're also a master swordsman in disguise?

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Beside all the above advises, you should always consider to have at least 5 perks invested in one-handed for melee combat, regardless of your class, because sometimes, you would need to fight in close encounters situation.

Consider? Maybe.

Sometimes the whole idea of a character is that they're terrible up close. What's the point in playing like a pure mage or thief if they're also a master swordsman in disguise?
Just to be a multi-task kind of warrior I guess ... I don’t like to have only one way to kill but several at my disposal ... ;)

Mesmus

Thanks for your input guys!

Almost finished the the quest to kill alduin and start moving into the DLC areas. I wanna do them in order though so which ones are in what order??

Also finding it hard getting armor. Heard that as you level up the vendors start getting better gear stocked but im lvl 43 and not seeing anything higher than "ebony" armor.

So i did a little blacksmithing but its such a hassle when the vendors only carry a few iron ores at a time on them. But reading a bit more on google it seems the fastest way is to create items that are more valuable for lots of XP.

So i have tons of jewels in my backpack but not much gold ore/ingots. Also heard going the dwarven ingot route is pretty good too but i think it requires you to invest points into the blacksmithing tree and i dont have any points to spare :sadface:

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Thanks for your input guys!

Almost finished the the quest to kill alduin and start moving into the DLC areas. I wanna do them in order though so which ones are in what order??
As far as the DLC's, there isn't really much of a difference as to what order you do them. For the most part they are independent of each other and the main quest as well.

Heathfire was the one I added first. It mainly adds some physical content and cool features but no real main quest-line. Dawnguard and Dragonborn are pretty interchangeable. Each adds new items, a few weapons as well as a new main quest. Dawnguard takes place in the same Skyrim area with a few new places to visit. Dragonborn takes place in a new land (Solstheim) to the north.

If you are still leveling I'd probably recommend Dawnguard first as it takes place in the world you currently know and thus you have easier access to all you belongings as well as any side quests you have going. In Dragonborn you can freely move between Solstheim and Skyrim but it's a little less convenient. Really though, it's workable either way.

As far as the armor/weapon leveling question. Daedric is the next level up from what you have. Daedric weapons start being found around level 46, Daedric armor at around level 47. One thing Dawnguard adds that's cool is if you have the Daedric smithing perk, you can begin crafting your own Daedric arrows.

As far as how I leveled up my smithing from the beginning was mainly creating a**loads of daggers as they don't require much material and much of which (iron) for instance is pretty easy to find or buy.

I seemed to find a lot of materials in items just randomly wandering around and also when I was doing side quests. Both of those activities are good for finding stuff as well as leveling.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts