Is Mass Effect 2 superior to the original?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Duderino

I couldn't get into the first one.... I probably didn't give it a fair shake to be honest, I played maybe 6 hours over the course of a month so I really didn't spend much time on it but with 3 coming out I want to see if it's worth it to give it part 2 a shot and set up my world for part 3. I have never heard anyone say anything bad about part 2 but I'm looking for honest opinions from the gaming community, not just my RL friends.

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
I think the second one outshines the first in many aspects. It's overall a much more polished experience. Not to mention the new combat system is leagues better than the old one.

The story is rich in either one, but the ME2 introduces much stronger gameplay.

I played the mass effect 3 demo today and It's pretty impressive.

I would say that if you just could not get into the first one you are missing out, but starting with the second one is just fine. You can even download an interactive comic that fills you in on the story of the first one.

Arthur Dragon Born

Breton Mage
I think the second one outshines the first in many aspects. It's overall a much more polished experience. Not to mention the new combat system is leagues better than the old one.

The story is rich in either one, but the ME2 introduces much stronger gameplay.

I played the mass effect 3 demo today and It's pretty impressive.

I would say that if you just could not get into the first one you are missing out, but starting with the second one is just fine. You can even download an interactive comic that fills you in on the story of the first one.

Agreed. You're missing out some things if you don't play the first one.... but if you don't feel like it.... go with ME2 now! ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts