Xbox 360 Is it possible to make your character taller?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lytro

I was wondering if it is possible to make your character taller, since I do enjoy playing as a breton but I just hate being shorter than everyone else. I saw some pictures of a high elf being taller than another high elf because of the necromage perk and being a vampire. I was wondering if this actually works, if not, is it actually possible to make yourself taller. Also if the vampire thing does work, does getting rid of vampirism revert to your original height.

Flapping Zombie

I'm pretty sure every race (except High Elf) is the same height, if not, I don't know lol. But no, it is impossible to magically grow taller, whether it's at the start of the game, or some amazing stranger gives you a Spell Tome and Conjures you taller. Other than that, no. (Sorry for my English for it's not my first language)

Harc

Big Hog
I was wondering if it is possible to make your character taller, since I do enjoy playing as a breton but I just hate being shorter than everyone else. I saw some pictures of a high elf being taller than another high elf because of the necromage perk and being a vampire. I was wondering if this actually works, if not, is it actually possible to make yourself taller. Also if the vampire thing does work, does getting rid of vampirism revert to your original height.
Necromage perk? And I don't know if you can grow in skyrim. I know, I'm a high elf but im shorter than every other high elf! I don't understand why!

Tyrone

Necromage perk? And I don't know if you can grow in skyrim. I know, I'm a high elf but im shorter than every other high elf! I don't understand why!

I think this is some kind of glitch. I had that happen when my high elf entered the thalmor embassy and he was alot shorter than the guards, but when I reloaded my save he was the same height.

Harc

Big Hog
I think this is some kind of glitch. I had that happen when my high elf entered the thalmor embassy and he was alot shorter than the guards, but when I reloaded my save he was the same height.
Oh ok, I've been going in and out of the embassy so I may be getting affected by this glitch

Flapping Zombie

I'm pretty sure every race (except High Elf) is the same height, if not, I don't know lol. But no, it is impossible to magically grow taller, whether it's at the start of the game, or some amazing stranger gives you a Spell Tome and Conjures you taller. Other than that, no. (Sorry for my English for it's not my first language)

All Hail The Empire! All Hail The Legion! forget Stormcloaks and Thalmor!

Ivory

Let's Player
The only races that have different heights are Bretons and Altmer. I -think- wood elves might be a bit shorter but I'm not sure. They are still taller then Bretons I think. I enjoy a shorter race, makes me feel better about my own height :p

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I was wondering if it is possible to make your character taller, since I do enjoy playing as a breton but I just hate being shorter than everyone else.
All race heights are fixed. If you have the PC version you can change the height scale for an entire race with the creation kit, but you can't do it specifically for your character. On game consoles you can't do anything to affect your height other than select a race with a higher height scale.
I'm pretty sure every race (except High Elf) is the same heigh...
They aren't. The order from talllest to shortest (height scale modifier in parenthesis) is:

Altmer (1.08)
Orsimer (1.045)
Nord (1.03)
Argonian males (1.01)
Redguard males (1.005)
Argonian and Bosmer females, Breton males, Dunmer, Imperial, Khajiit male, Redguard females (1.00)
Bosmer males (0.98)
Breton and Khajiit females (0.95)
I saw some pictures of a high elf being taller than another high elf because of the necromage perk and being a vampire...
It's a glitch. Necromage doesn't affect height. The vampire version of a race is a different race. It's possible that the racial height modifier is being applied to the character's current height when the character becomes a vampire (i.e. 1.08 x 1.08 = 1.1664). I haven't tested it but based on anecdotes from other players it doesn't appear to be consistent for all players.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
Well to answer your question in a plain and simple form, NO you cant change the height of your character.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
If your playing on a PC then you can set.Playerscale to increase your chracter's height to any size you want, I Use an Imperial who is An Inch taller than a Nord and almost 8 feet tall in Vampire Lord Form

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...

All Hail The Empire! All Hail The Legion! forget Stormcloaks and Thalmor!
I Like the Empire but I also respect the Thalmor, No Man can become a god, No ELF can become a god either, with the Exception of the Champion of Cyrod... I Mean Sheogorath, Wait I was Always A God before Time its Self forget I said Anything lest I Turn your skin into one of those arrow catchers I LOVE THOSE HATS.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts