Is it creepy for a guy to playa female character in skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
I have always played male, but i just made my first female character. I havent gotten far, but is it creepy to do that? I wont give her really skimpy armor or anything.

No one's going to punish you for playing a female character that wears skimpy armor. You shouldn't feel embarrassed about such things, especially on this forum. Do whatever you want and have fun at it, even if it means running around naked swinging your sword at everything that moves. ;)

Suleku

The Grey Knight
o_O Some People are actually worried about the gender of other player characters in a "single player game"... freaky thought we'd only get threads like this in mmorpgs forums XD *dies laughing*

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
I have created many characters male and female. Most of the characters based in my fanfic are created while RPing Skyrim in different playthroughs. So sometimes i want to play as a female character and once i created a character that looked like my missus. That took a while to achieve using the character creation engine but i got there :D ... She became Kathryn of the Downs in my fanfic. Something the missus finds amusing as she isn't naturally an aggressive person however she is as positive and practical as her fanfic alternate.

So anyway, playing a female character totally cool whichever gender you come at it from. :p

elena

Hell no! why? i am a female and i play 2 male characters and just 1 female char. ...i would be the queen of the creepy then XD

Gold Swagger

Aspiring Writer
It's not creepy... It's video games, we do things we wouldn't normally do in real life. Personally I don't see it as a big deal, I'm comfortable with who I am and at the end of the day it's just a game.

In Skyrim you KILL people, don't you find that more creepy? :p

Benthos

Proud Mer
In some games, the females are the agile and nimble ones while the guys are heavier and stronger, I am more of a speed build myself and would like to play someone who is agile and nimble who can roll attacks into one another. Some female characters have moves I prefer over guys as well (Street Fighter for example), then there's games like Skyrim, Pokemon, and other RPGs where you get to choose, some games have no choice but to pick male characters. In Fallout 3 there was a perk called Black Widow where you deal more damage to male characters, well, in that game - 85-90% of the enemies are considered male characters or are abominations. It's always nice to get that boost and in Skyrim, I wanna try everything out, a female character wouldn't be creepy because there are women who play as male characters all the time (more often than guys playing female characters since most games don't give you a choice).

Plus, would it be creepy for a guy to play Tomb Raider games or Lollipop Chainsaw?

Asiaxfani

It's not creepy... It's video games, we do things we wouldn't normally do in real life. Personally I don't see it as a big deal, I'm comfortable with who I am and at the end of the day it's just a game.

In Skyrim you KILL people, don't you find that more creepy? :p
This was going to be my main point, but mr. Gold Swagger here stole my thunder :D

So yeah, nothing wierd there at all. We all play our Dovahkiins they way we want. I always play as a female; after all, not only am I one myself but I also am into girls, so I find female characters both easy to relate to and somewhat pleasing to the eye ;) But to each their own. Don't worry too much about it; if you want to play a female Dragonborn, go for it and have fun!

It's kinda funny, now that I think about it; in my experience it's far more common that girls like to play as male characters. Not only in Skyrim but RPG's in general, and I also know a lot of chicks who have a lot more male OC's than female ones, etc. But for some reason, it seems that for guys it's a much bigger deal to play as female, have female OC's and things like that.

Slijkster

It's only weird if you get off on it.

i like to make a male dragonborn then use sexchange afterwards. Man head on a woman's body. preeettty weird.

sticky runes

Men have been creating female fantasy heroes for ears. wonderwoman, Catwoman, Xena, Red Sonja and Lara Croft were all created by men. do you think those guys gave a f#ck whether people thought it was creepy or not?