Is it creepy for a guy to playa female character in skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ritterkreuz

I did it once with a Nord. It made playing the game in 3rd person more enjoyable in a way. ;)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
While I normally play my main character Bahamet (Redguard - 2 handed tank), I am also playing Laurel Wildwood (spell sword/battlemage, Nord) and Ai-Khemet (Khajit theif/assassin) and those are both female characters. It's just a different perspective.

Mookie

My mages are usualy female. Call me a Nord but I cant imagine a man using such cowardly means of attack :D

Daelon DuLac

My mages are usualy female. Call me a Nord but I cant imagine a man using such cowardly means of attack :D
I'm assuming you mean pure mage. I can see either sex as a spell sword or a battle mage.

Mookie

I'm assuming you mean pure mage. I can see either sex as a spell sword or a battle mage.

I cant. Not even restoration :D
Take it like a man or die :D
If playing man its no magic, no runing away, no hiding behind followers and such :D
For females its the oposite usualy a necromancer - destruction mage hiding behind followers and abusing magic.

Daelon DuLac

If playing man its no magic, no runing away, no hiding behind followers and such :D
For females its the oposite usualy a necromancer - destruction mage hiding behind followers and abusing magic.
Sexist, yes. Good at justifying the sexism, meh... yes?

Mookie

Sexist, yes. Good at justifying the sexism, meh... yes?

Not really sexist :D
Its just that I am a role-player, so my warriors are almost allways Nords, mages are breton though :D

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I play most of my characters as females to be honest. Why? Because I play in third person alot of the time, and I simply like the look of my female characters better. I still play dudes, but I find my game much more rewarding if my character looks great, and I just can't make the men look good. I mean, I roleplay my characters, and I play a guy if the roleplay calls for it, but....... Savior's hide has convinced me that playing as a female is just more pleasing. I just don't like looking at male characters in this game. So no, it's not creepy at all.

Daelon DuLac

I play most of my characters as females to be honest. Why? Because I play in third person alot of the time, and I simply like the look of my female characters better. I still play dudes, but I find my game much more rewarding if my character looks great, and I just can't make the men look good. I mean, I roleplay my characters, and I play a guy if the roleplay calls for it, but....... Savior's hide has convinced me that playing as a female is just more pleasing. I just don't like looking at male characters in this game. So no, it's not creepy at all.
So it's about asthetics for you. Good for you. As long as you don't play one handed at your keyboard and actually RP the character it's not creepy at all. I enjoy paying female characters (you're right, they are more pleasing to look at in many cases) although, I have to admit, after significant tweeking and experimentation on my PS3, my redguard Bahamet is looking pretty good too.:)

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
So it's about asthetics for you. Good for you. As long as you don't play one handed at your keyboard and actually RP the character it's not creepy at all. I enjoy paying female characters (you're right, they are more pleasing to look at in many cases) although, I have to admit, after significant tweeking and experimentation on my PS3, my redguard Bahamet is looking pretty good too.:)

Lol, I play on XBOX 90% of the time, so one handed play probably means Im dead. It is the aesthetics but I do roleplay, I have to or I get bored. It's definitely a different perspective than mine, but it's still part of what I'm looking for in a game so, why not?

Nighthiker77

Coming from Diablo and Diablo II where the Rogue, Amazon and Assassin were only female, it isn't weird at all. It almost feels like those character types should be female.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
It was! It was! Sorry. I thought you were being serious. Those would be some scary ladies though, eh?

Olfina Gray-Mane said:
What's the matter? You can't stand the sight of a strong Nord woman?
:p

GL_Europa06Pro3786.jpg

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
I hope it's not creepy - I never play as a girl if I can avoid it because of character creation issues. Especially in Skyrim. '~'

Though, back when I played Perfect World, it was the complete opposite. Kind of interesting now that I think about it :>

Spleed

No,Don't worry it's not that big deal it's a game and we all have our ways to have fun in it and you'll wear armor all the time so it won't show any difference you know because her face will be covered and if anybody is laughing on you tell them that's it's just a game and we all have our own ways and also my cousin played his second character as a female and it's not that big deal.:D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts