Is Hunter's Discipline bugged? It doesn't seem to work.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I got Hunter's Discipline perk but it seems buggy. It's describes as "Recover Twice As Many Arrows from Dead Bodies." but I rarely do. I played for several hours with my follower having a Daedric arrow and have only recovered one. Many times I can still see arrows in the body but can't recover them. I use the PS3 but am getting Skyrim for my Laptop soon.

I don't see any mention of bugs like that here:
Archery (Skyrim) - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

skyrimaddict1323

Dovahkiin1323
It probably only works on arrows that you shoot, since your follower doesn't actually have the perk and the game recognizes that

^ That's a good point and is probably the case. Honestly thought, the perk never seemed worth spending the point to get it to me. Might just be me though haha :D

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
^ That's a good point and is probably the case. Honestly thought, the perk never seemed worth spending the point to get it to me. Might just be me though haha :D
It's one of those waste a perk to get a perk perks. For a pure Archer build the Ranger perk above it can be worth it (which every enemy in Skyrim seems to have) so you don't move as slow as molasses with your bow drawn.

It's one of those waste a perk to get a perk perks. For a pure Archer build the Ranger perk above it can be worth it (which every enemy in Skyrim seems to have) so you don't move as slow as molasses with your bow drawn.
Oh, ok. I've never played as a pure archer. I usually just take a couple shots and then charge in with my greatsword. But that makes sense! Thank you for enlightening me :D

skyrimaddict1323

Dovahkiin1323

I think if you're trying to use strictly daedric arrows it could be useful, because they can be pretty hard to come by. All of the others though can just be bought in solitude in large numbers.

Adam Warlock

I`ve skipped this perk up to now because followers and thralls only need one daedric arrow each to be able to use them.
I buy daedric arrows from the fletcher in Solitude when I need them and use ebony arrows (easily purchased from smiths) with my own bow .
Even without the perk , I still get the occassional arrow back from either my bow or my thrall`s.
I`m looking strongly at reaching for that Ranger perk in my end-game though because it`s one of those selections that can`t be duplicated(like higher armor rating or fortify 1h/2h/archery) in another way.
I would do this because I like to carry my bow with soultrap while out in the country in case I see game I can shoot

I`ve skipped this perk up to now because followers and thralls only need one daedric arrow each to be able to use them.
I buy daedric arrows from the fletcher in Solitude when I need them and use ebony arrows (easily purchased from smiths) with my own bow .
Even without the perk , I still get the occassional arrow back from either my bow or my thrall`s.
I`m looking strongly at reaching for that Ranger perk in my end-game though because it`s one of those selections that can`t be duplicated(like higher armor rating or fortify 1h/2h/archery) in another way.
I would do this because I like to carry my bow with soultrap while out in the country in case I see game I can shoot

I saw one thread where people settled with the idea that this perk means 'Increases chance to get 2 arrows off of bodies' I don't think so and think it's bugged.

Back to this perk, I still usually only recover just one of my arrows if any at all. I ran out of Ebony arrows and am using glass arrows, I can see them in the body and still rarely recover 2 and often none.

I have noticed that once I began to carry Daedric Arrows, shopkeeps stopped carrying them. I decided not to use them until I have collected enough.

Since I use the Daedric Bow (Legendary) with either fire + paralyses or fire + Shock & magicka damage while sneaking, I can usually clear a room without being detected and drop everyone in one shot.

I also use soul trap + fire when I need to fill gems.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
....I have noticed that once I began to carry Daedric Arrows, shopkeeps stopped carrying them. I decided not to use them until I have collected enough...
The only trader who I've ever seen sell Daedric Arrows is Fihada at the Fletcher in Solitude and it doesn't matter whether you have Daedric Arrows or not.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I have found that the The Dwarven Centurion Masters usually have them as loot, but not always.