• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Are Nords lame?

• Total voters

lonewolf

What you think it's not true? If Ulfric shoved them all in the Grey Quarter he would'v shoved all other races too. Especially the Altmer.
He pretty much did the argonians are confined to the docks which essentially is there version of the grey quarter. I dont remember seeing any bosmer in windhelm, i could be wrong though and the one altmer is wealthy enough to live outside of it. The Kajiit cant even enter the city. The dunmer are pretty much stuck in a cycle of poverty as they had nothing to begin with when they came as refugees. As the stormcloaks don't protect them from bandits or anything they cant venture out in caravans or anything since there's no protection for them so that eliminates external trade for em, and do you think one of the nords is going to pay them as much as a nord worker or buy from them instead of another nord. Perfect example of this is when the argonian forget his name asks you to torbjorn shatter shield about there pay.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
He pretty much did the argonians are confined to the docks which essentially is there version of the grey quarter i dont remeber seeing any bosmer in windhelm i could be wrong though and the one altmer is wealthy enough to live outside of it. Kajiit cant even enter the city. The dunmer are pretty much stuck in a cycle of poverty as they had nothing to begin with when they came as refugees and beacuse the stormcloaks dont protect them from bandits or anything they cant venture out in caravans or anything since there's no protection for them so that eliminates external trade for em, and do you think one of the nords is going to pay them as much as a nord worker or buy from them instead of another nord. Perfect example of this is when the argonian forget his name asks you to torbjorn shatter shield about there pay.
First of all, get used to using full stops and capitals. Why? Because it would make your paragraph a whole lot easier to read, and so the Grammar Nazis would troll you for the rest of your life!
Three or four Altmers live in Windhelm. And Khajit aren't allowed in ANY city. haven't you seen them camping outside the walls of Whiterun or Dawnstar? Thats all I can say since the rest of your text is beyond understandable

lonewolf

First of all, get used to using full stops and capitals. Why? Because it would make your paragraph a whole lot easier to read, and so the Grammar Nazis would troll you for the rest of your life!
Three or four Altmers live in Windhelm. And Khajit aren't allowed in ANY city. haven't you seen them camping outside the walls of Whiterun or Dawnstar? Thats all I can say since the rest of your text is beyond understandable
Sorry about the grammar i was hella tired when i wrote that, edited it now so its better. I forgot about the alchemy guy and the stable owner but as i said in my previous post the Altmer in the city are rich enough that they can afford not to live in the Grey Quarter. I know Kajiit are not allowed in any city my point was that no matter if there not allowed in any other city Ulfric still dosnt let them into Windhelm. Just cause everybody else does it dosnt make it right sorta thing.

Argonianale7

Sheratopia
Oh you mean the most racist people on Tamriel, no why would I ever think about them being lame, all they ever did was commit genocide on the Snow elves and not let the Argonians and/or Khajits inside cities or towns. They get to much recognition for the little amount of good things they've done and not enough for the bad. Skyrim belongs to everyone, not just the Nords

The Dwemer Enslaved the Snow Elves, and poisoned them blind to make them the Falmer. It had nothing to do with the Nords. They still tend to be Racist bastards, just sayin is all.

What you think it's not true? If Ulfric shoved them all in the Grey Quarter he would'v shoved all other races too. Especially the Altmer.
That just doesn't really make any sense. Still, he wouldn't let the Argonians in, even though they did nothing.

Epic Keith

The Dwemer Enslaved the Snow Elves, and poisoned them blind to make them the Falmer. It had nothing to do with the Nords. They still tend to be Racist bastards, just sayin is all.
Actually it did have to do with the Nords. They sailed from Atmora and drove the Elves away underground. If the Nords never came, Skyrim would have Snow Elves. But I still support Nords

Epic Keith

Sorry about the grammar i was hella tired when i wrote that, edited it now so its better. I forgot about the alchemy guy and the stable owner but as i said in my previous post the Altmer in the city are rich enough that they can afford not to live in the Grey Quarter. I know Kajiit are not allowed in any city my point was that no matter if there not allowed in any other city Ulfric still dosnt let them into Windhelm. Just cause everybody else does it dosnt make it right sorta thing.
But in your previous post, you wrote it in a way that it seemed as if you were fingering Ulfric wrong for being a Khajit. My point is, why make him wrong for an action every other hold is doing as well. And I forgot what to say next.
That just doesn't really make any sense. Still, he wouldn't let the Argonians in, even though they did nothing.
You disagreed with my view of the Dunmer choosing to live in the Grey Quarter. I tried to explain that if Ulfric forced them to stay there like a "racist jerk", he would have put all the other non-Nords in the grey Quarter as well or throw them out. It's not like I appreciate their racism. Everytime I go to Windhelm, I beat the hell outta that dude harassing the poor Dunmer woman. Even as a Nord.
And theres nothing I can say about the Argonians. You win this round

Epic Keith

The Falmer were once a proud people with an unusually great aptitude for magic. They had a strong resistance to frost, as their skin was coated with a thin layer of blue-white ice. They inhabited Skyrim before the Nords returned from Atmora, and were responsible for the Night of Tears. They had a civilization which rivaled even the Altmer of the Summerset Isles. They had their own language, which was written in a complex and indecipherable alphabet.[1] They were purported to use spears and archery in combat.[2][3]
After the Night of Tears in the late Merethic Era, Ysgramor and his Five Hundred Companions launched a campaign to drive the elves from Skyrim. Ysgramor and his heirs succeeded, and by the second century of the First Era, during the reign of the Nordic king Harald, the last of the Falmer were driven from Skyrim to the island of Solstheim. The Falmer's civilization was obliterated at the Battle of the Moesring with the death of their leader, theSnow Prince. The remaining snow elves were scattered or slain, and were never heard from again.
Cant help it if you don't know Lore.....

Actually it did have to do with the Nords. They sailed from Atmora and drove the Elves away underground. If the Nords never came, Skyrim would have Snow Elves. But I still support Nords
I was responding to the assertation that the Nords committed Genocide on them. True, they drove them underground, but blaming them for the later enslavement, and mass poisoning is kind of like blaming a kid for his father going out to get him, and getting hit by a car. In other words, an Ad Hoc argument. Regardless, Genocide is the wrong term, they weren't wiped out, they were transformed into the Falmer.

Epic Keith

I was responding to the assertation that the Nords committed Genocide on them. True, they drove them underground, but blaming them for the later enslavement, and mass poisoning is kind of like blaming a kid for his father going out to get him, and getting hit by a car. In other words, an Ad Hoc argument. Regardless, Genocide is the wrong term, they weren't wiped out, they were transformed into the Falmer.
Lets just say the Nords actions led to a mass chain reaction resulting in the wipe out of Snow Elves and the rise of Falmer

The Falmer were once a proud people with an unusually great aptitude for magic. They had a strong resistance to frost, as their skin was coated with a thin layer of blue-white ice. They inhabited Skyrim before the Nords returned from Atmora, and were responsible for the Night of Tears. They had a civilization which rivaled even the Altmer of the Summerset Isles. They had their own language, which was written in a complex and indecipherable alphabet.[1] They were purported to use spears and archery in combat.[2][3]
After the Night of Tears in the late Merethic Era, Ysgramor and his Five Hundred Companions launched a campaign to drive the elves from Skyrim. Ysgramor and his heirs succeeded, and by the second century of the First Era, during the reign of the Nordic king Harald, the last of the Falmer were driven from Skyrim to the island of Solstheim. The Falmer's civilization was obliterated at the Battle of the Moesring with the death of their leader, theSnow Prince. The remaining snow elves were scattered or slain, and were never heard from again.
Cant help it if you don't know Lore.....
Hey look, I can wiki too! Snow Elf - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

"The Snow Elves were a race of mer who inhabited Skyrim long before the Nords. It is commonly believed that centuries of underground living and Dwemer slavery twisted the race into the blind merciless Falmer. Amongst the few Snow Elf survivors, they prefer the name Snow Elf over their original name of Falmer, as it tends to refer to their now degenerated brethren, which the survivors call The Betrayed."

The truth is, no one is completely certain exactly what happened to the Dwemer, and Snow Elves/Falmer. It all happened long ago, and underground, where there were no witnesses. There's also no surviving records, so all we have to go on is the facts. The Nords returned from Atmora, and drove the Snow Elves beneath the surface. Now, the survivors are the blind twisted Falmer. Insisting your assumptions trump my assumptions do not make you right, and me wrong. THAT is the Lore.

lonewolf

But in your previous post, you wrote it in a way that it seemed as if you were fingering Ulfric wrong for being a Khajit. My point is, why make him wrong for an action every other hold is doing as well. And I forgot what to say next.
I said ulfric only because ultimately he is responsible for the stormcloaks' non actions to protect the dark elves, argonians ect. The economic situation of the grey quarter/docks partially is his fault to as he could demand that everybody gets equal pay. Its like the civil rights movement down in the states where a lot of the racism is the Populations fault but the government did nothing to help or do anything to stop it.

Epic Keith

Hey look, I can wiki too! Snow Elf - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

"The Snow Elves were a race of mer who inhabited Skyrim long before the Nords. It is commonly believed that centuries of underground living and Dwemer slavery twisted the race into the blind merciless Falmer. Amongst the few Snow Elf survivors, they prefer the name Snow Elf over their original name of Falmer, as it tends to refer to their now degenerated brethren, which the survivors call The Betrayed."

The truth is, no one is completely certain exactly what happened to the Dwemer, and Snow Elves/Falmer. It all happened long ago, and underground, where there were no witnesses. There's also no surviving records, so all we have to go on is the facts. The Nords returned from Atmora, and drove the Snow Elves beneath the surface. Now, the survivors are the blind twisted Falmer. Insisting your assumptions trump my assumptions do not make you right, and me wrong. THAT is the Lore.
No one knows what happened to the Dwemer. That is true. But the Snow Elves? Everybody knows, They were poisoned by the Dwemer. Let me explain in my understanding of LORE.

After the Snow Elves were defeated, they sought out for their Dwemer cousins who they thought would help as being elves. The Dwarves accepted but did not trust them and In return, they wanted labor. The Dwarves mixed toxic fungus in their diets which turned them blind and made it essential so that future generations would be as powerless as them. The elves felt betrayed and created the Great Statue of Irkngthand and fled to Blackreach. Thus began the great war between Falmer and Dwemer. When the Dwemer disappeared, the Elves were free to roam in Blackreach. But because of the slavery, blindness and war, they turned violent and savage.

Alissa DeWitt

Beer Wench
I usually play Wood Elf, but I ended up playing Nord for Skyrim. It seemed more appropriate that the dragonborn was a Nord.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts