• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Are Nords lame?

• Total voters

Somohexual

And the orcs aren't cocky and weak? If I remember correctly one of the orcs strongholds near Riften was being rampaged by giants. Even their god cursed the chief for being so damn weak.

No offense dude but Skyrim Orcs are quite pathetic comparing to the orcs in W.O.W

Malacath cursed their Chief for being weak because the CHIEF himself was weak, not the tribe as a whole. Afterwards, yes, of course the entire tribe was weak because they had all been CURSED by a Daedric prince. :|

Also, since when are Giants considered a wimpy or harmless foe? The only reason they're not usually a problem is because they're naturally passive unless provoked. Just because Orcs aren't the major military power, like they are in WoW for the Horde, that doesn't make them pathetic by any means.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I just hate the Stormcloaks, because like I wanted to join them, but there like "Ummm, there's a problem! You're an Argonian and we hate everyone except for Nords so we will make racial comments about you and hate you forever" So I was just like screw this I am joining the Legion!
I was a Dark Elf and they treated me the way I should be treated. If you think Galmar asking you why would you want to fight was rude, it's not, he wants to know why another race would want to help a Nord affair

Skarv

Well if you put it that way, sorry because it happened a long time ago and I may have forgotten, but I may actually join them!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Actually, you wouldn't even be there if it wasn't for the Stormcloaks, they got you into the mess into the first place.

Not trying to turn this thread into a Stormcloak vs Imperial but the Stormcloaks aren't to blame for your capture. They're not responsible for you almost getting your head lopped off. It's the imperials. If your name wasn't on the list wouldn't it be a better idea to put you in Helgan's prison for full investigation instead? Why would the imperials try to execute someone who's not even on the list unless if their totally out of control? If anything their no better than the Thalmor justiciars snatching up Talos worshipers from their own land.

Docta Corvina

Not trying to turn this thread into a Stormcloak vs Imperial but the Stormcloaks aren't to blame for your capture. They're not responsible for you almost getting your head lopped off. It's the imperials. If your name wasn't on the list wouldn't it be a better idea to put you in Helgan's prison for full investigation instead? Why would the imperials try to execute someone who's not even on the list unless if their totally out of control? If anything their no better than the Thalmor justiciars snatching up Talos worshipers from their own land.

To echo another thread, it wasn't "the Imperials" who desired to execute you. You weren't on their list and it wasn't them as a monolithic entity who wanted to make you that much lighter above the neck. It was one bitchy captain who straight up didn't give a damn and her whims (or lack thereof) lead you to the block. Once again, it's unfair to paint the entire Legion and Empire by the deeds of one officer. If you do that here, then you're opening the Stormcloaks up to the same sort of generalized scrutiny.

But...I'll stop there, I do want to stay on topic. :oops: Ahem, well, I love my Nord husband. I just still think that if ever made a Nord player character, he'd have to be something...more unexpected. Like a mage, perhaps. A Legionnaire battle mage Nord....YES.

osheao

I just hate the Stormcloaks, because like I wanted to join them, but there like "Ummm, there's a problem! You're an Argonian and we hate everyone except for Nords so we will make racial comments about you and hate you forever" So I was just like screw this I am joining the Legion!

were your sensitivities hurt? ah, you'll be ok.
were you offended? ah, so sad.

i'm offended by your weak sensitivity.

who cares if someone makes racial comments. you are an argonian, right? you are in the land that belongs to the nords during a war within their country, right?

buck up or leave.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
If you didn't know Lore, it was Ysgramor and the Five Hundred NORDS who drove out the Elves from Skyrim. I wouldn't say cocky and weak... And most of the companions are NORDS, not cocky, not weak.
All the nord NPCs I've seen brag about being a nord, yet I could slaughter them all easily. Especially that guy in Windhelm that challenges you to a brawl, I tried killing him, but he's a necessary character. :mad:
The only nords I like are Ralof, Ulfric, and Galmar. Galmar may make a racist comment about you at first, but once you prove your worth, he's not racist at all. And Ulfric keeps giving me epic nicknames, I've never seen him give one of his nord stormcloaks a nickname. And Ralof was nice from the beginning. But all other nords are arrogant jerks who don't know how weak they really are.

Valyn

All the nord NPCs I've seen brag about being a nord, yet I could slaughter them all easily. Especially that guy in Windhelm that challenges you to a brawl, I tried killing him, but he's a necessary character. :mad:
The only nords I like are Ralof, Ulfric, and Galmar. Galmar may make a racist comment about you at first, but once you prove your worth, he's not racist at all. And Ulfric keeps giving me epic nicknames, I've never seen him give one of his nord stormcloaks a nickname. And Ralof was nice from the beginning. But all other nords are arrogant jerks who don't know how weak they really are.
Lol, have you even seen the Orcs just roaming around calling you a milk-drinker and a baby? If you hate on nords, you'd better not say that Orcs are any better.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
I didn't say I like orc NPCs, I said I like to play as an orc whenever I make a warrior character.
There epic smithing skills and berserker rage beat a nord any day.

Valyn

I didn't say I like orc NPCs, I said I like to play as an orc whenever I make a warrior character.
There epic smithing skills and berserker rage beat a nord any day.
Both orcs and nords start off with 5+ smithing skill, and berserker rage doesn't do a thing if you're running scared.

Epic Keith

Galmar didn't give a racist comment. -.- read my posts

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Nords are all I play as. I may create an Imperial, but maybe not. I tend to to lean toward a more human appearance since it makes it easier to role-play.

SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But they're douchebags. They won't let people into Windhelm JUST because they are Argonian! AND they throw Dunmer in the ghetto! The Dunmer and Argonians didn't do pl*ps, but they treat the Altmer fairly! THE ALTMER! THEY fluffED UP THE EMPIRE! THEY WOULDN'T LET PEOPLE WORSHIP TALOS!!!!!!!!!

So fl*ff the Nords!

Epic Keith

SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But they're douchebags. They won't let people into Windhelm JUST because they are Argonian! AND they throw Dunmer in the ghetto! The Dunmer and Argonians didn't do pl*ps, but they treat the Altmer fairly! THE ALTMER! THEY fluffED UP THE EMPIRE! THEY WOULDN'T LET PEOPLE WORSHIP TALOS!!!!!!!!!

So fl*ff the Nords!
It's because Dark Elves chose to live in the Grey Quarter...

It's because Dark Elves chose to live in the Grey Quarter...
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY? I call bullplops.

BarclayTech

My personal preference is a Nord for the simple fact their known as buff and strong and I like my character to atleast slightly resemble what I look like. For me a Nord can get the most accurate facial structure.