• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Are Nords lame?

• Total voters

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Some people nag me about being a Nord, why? Is it not cool since they're native to Skyrim? I'm not a hater, but my Nord is pretty capable of decapitating your overgrown kitty, lizard or pointy eared Mage.

NORDS EAT BABIES.

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre
I have an urge on every Elder Scrolls game to beat the game at least once as the native race. They're not that lame.

KritikalPT

What's lame about being a race that is powerful, can resist any type of cold, be it natural or magical, and can make people run by screaming?

Neriad13

Premium Member
My favorite race is determined by how much I know about and appreciate that race's culture. Because we learn so much about Nords in Skyrim and are entirely introduced to their passion for life and way of thinking, I have an undying love for Nords. How can they be lame if they have such a rich history and deep backstory?

osheao

playing a nord in, um, skyrim is perfect for gameplay and roleplay. i've created more nords in skyrim than morrowind and oblivion combined, by far.

as well, since, racial differences and character development in skyrim are severely shallow and almost non-existent, all created characters can essentially be the same as any other.

ie. without attributes, racial and character choices and customization it is all cosmetic.

Nords are ok, but I usually roll a brogonian or a redguard or dunmer

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thallik the Orc

Blacksmith
It fits in with the lore better for the dragonborn who will save all of Skyrim to be a Nord, considering that that is their home land, but it can get kind of boring after a while especially since being a Nord thief or a Nord assassin wouldn't make much sense lore wise. But hey, to each his own.

nacman99

i dont think they are lame, but i do think that they are like the beginner race. what i mean is that when everybody got the game most of the people chose nord because is their homeland and stuff.

i dont see the problem of being a nord because my biggest character up to date is a lv 55 nord.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Nord race isn't lame at all. Playing as a Nord doesn't mean that you must wear heavy armor, and become a brute barbarian. You can also play as a mage too. I've been a Nord playing addict for some time now, and just about little over a month I've decided to start a new game, and this time play as an Atmer. I admit that I'm addicted to my current character, but that doesn't mean that I won't play as a Nord again because most likely I will... unless if my mind changes for a different route.

TESV2012-05-0814-59-41-62.jpg

MAGE POWAH!

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
I don't like nords, they're too cocky and weak. Whenever I make a warrior character I go with an orc.
The only reason I joined the Stormcloaks was because I must have revenge on those head-chopping imperials. NO ONE tries to chop off the Dovahkiin's head!!!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I don't like nords, they're too cocky and weak. Whenever I make a warrior character I go with an orc.
The only reason I joined the Stormcloaks was because I must have revenge on those head-chopping imperials. NO ONE tries to chop off the Dovahkiin's head!!!

And the orcs aren't cocky and weak? If I remember correctly one of the orcs strongholds near Riften was being rampaged by giants. Even their god cursed the chief for being so damn weak.

No offense dude but Skyrim Orcs are quite pathetic comparing to the orcs in W.O.W

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I couldn't agree more, man. I fell in love with Imperials by way of this game and have so far played two such characters in Skyrim and went with an Imperial character in Oblivion. It's a pattern I don't see breaking.

I suspect my undying passion for ancient Romans and their history may have something to do with it. And I suppose in that way, Nordic is indeed right. :p However, the love of my Skyrim life is a Nord. So, I have nothing against Nords in general - I just don't see myself ever playing 'em.
Well I hated the Romans cuz they defeated the Greeks.. :mad:
And I like the Viking dudes cuz they got BIG BEARD!!!! :p

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
If you didn't know Lore, it was Ysgramor and the Five Hundred NORDS who drove out the Elves from Skyrim. I wouldn't say cocky and weak... And most of the companions are NORDS, not cocky, not weak.

If you like the Stormies you should then realize Galmar and Ulfric are Nords. Or if your an Imp, Legate Rikke is a Nord

Nords are just less overpowered than Orcs, the other Melee Warrior race. Just for Player Characters, Orcish NPCs don't use berserker rage, craft, nor enchant their armor. This is Skyrim, so there's lots of Cold being thrown about. If nothing else, that's the basis for Home team Advantage.

Skarv

I just hate the Stormcloaks, because like I wanted to join them, but there like "Ummm, there's a problem! You're an Argonian and we hate everyone except for Nords so we will make racial comments about you and hate you forever" So I was just like screw this I am joining the Legion!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts