• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Are Nords lame?

• Total voters

Scar

Redneck DragonBorn Nord
Some people nag me about being a Nord, why? Is it not cool since they're native to Skyrim? I'm not a hater, but my Nord is pretty capable of decapitating your overgrown kitty, lizard or pointy eared Mage.

blue 468

it's all your personal preference all races can be just as good as the other:D

Tara

lol, really? Based on the majority of threads that I've read from other forum sites, I always thought most people played as either Nords or Imperials due to the lore.

I generally like to play either the nord or the kitty.

KC95

I went with 'yes', mainly because the only Nord I ever played as bored me to tears. I do think it is because everyone else in the game is a Nord, so I don't feel special. I'm sure if the game was set elsewhere I would dislike to play the dominant race. What can I say, I like to stand out.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
The game is fairly well tailored for a Nord. When the character creation screen first appears, it's locked on Nord. That's not an arbitrary choice on the part of the developers. Just like in Morrowind the default was set to a dark elf, in Oblivion the first race to appear on character creation is Imperial.

Being a Stormcloak at all makes almost no sense for anyone that's not a nord.

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
Nords are rubbish and pointy ears rock!

Skyrimosity

I've never played a Nord because they are sort of meant to be Heavy armored 2h barbarian type characters. I don't use those types of characters. I tried one once and didn't get past level 10 before I missed my Necromancer, Edwyn. And you could make them an archer/assassin/thief/mage but there are better races for those classes.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Everyone has different tastes and opinions when it comes to races they like, hate, or just don't care about. I think each race offers something unique as far as role playing possibilities go.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I've never played a Nord because they are sort of meant to be Heavy armored 2h barbarian type characters. I don't use those types of characters. I tried one once and didn't get past level 10 before I missed my Necromancer, Edwyn. And you could make them an archer/assassin/thief/mage but there are better races for those classes.
Actually nords are meant to be light on their feet and heavy in their hands, meaning Light Armored and Two Handed. Well actually, My nord light armored and two handed levels faster then my mage using destruction, archery (Bound bow), conjuration, one-handed and a lil bit of enchanting

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Nords have always been my preferred race. I admit to having missed out on Oblivion, but in Morrowind I had a Nord and a Dark Elf. In Skyrim, I have mostly Nords (an Imperial and Dark Elf thrown in). Your race almost doesn't matter because of the flexibility built into the game.

So, to answer the question, no, it's not lame to be a Nord. It's lame to say it's lame to be a Nord.

*Goes back to reading Volsunga Saga* (<-- Viking Age history geek, lol)

Aquillus

I don't mind the nords, but I've only played one for a few levels. I'm more a fan of light armor, and so even with my warriors I feel a nord with light armor just doesn't seem or feel right. And I have OCD, so the fact that the daedric armor is asymmetrical bugs me beyond explanation :confused: (and the dragonbone armor's non matching helmet bugs me as well)

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
I have started every TES with a Nord. I love my Scandinavian heritage, so it's an easy choice for me. Plus, frost resistance is awesome.

Docta Corvina

Hmm, is it possible to vote both ways? Yes and no? :p

I wouldn't say any race is objectively more lame than another. As has been pointed out, each have different perks and traits that make them appealing and more suited to a certain play-style. Obviously given this game's setting, rolling a Nord character isn't exactly unexpected. But that doesn't mean it's lame to do so.

However, for me personally, I've never been interested in playing a Nord. I have not done so yet in Skyrim or Oblivion, and I doubt I ever will. The axe-swinging barbarian types have never done anything for me. And as a result, I've been sticking to Imperials and Bretons, with plans to eventually play a Redguard. Really, it's the atypical Nords that interest me, by and large. If I ever did roll a Nord character, it would be one who bucked the "trend", as it were.

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
Hmm, is it possible to vote both ways? Yes and no? :p

I wouldn't say any race is objectively more lame than another. As has been pointed out, each have different perks and traits that make them appealing and more suited to a certain play-style. Obviously given this game's setting, rolling a Nord character isn't exactly unexpected. But that doesn't mean it's lame to do so.

However, for me personally, I've never been interested in playing a Nord. I have not done so yet in Skyrim or Oblivion, and I doubt I ever will. The axe-swinging barbarian types have never done anything for me. And as a result, I've been sticking to Imperials and Bretons, with plans to eventually play a Redguard. Really, it's the atypical Nords that interest me, by and large. If I ever did roll a Nord character, it would be one who bucked the "trend", as it were.
BIASED! :D

VKitKat

Most Commonly known as The Dragonborn
Well their not that cool in skyrim because that's in their homeland, and that's kinda where nords live, so their everywhere. I'd like to have something different.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Imperials have always appealed to me more than the other human races (I've noticed I generally go human in fantasy games), so I tend to play them. I've started up a dual-wielding Redguard on the side, though.

I'm not a hater, but my Nord is pretty capable of decapitating your overgrown kitty, lizard or pointy eared Mage.
:mad: Yeah!? Well, my dad could beat up your dad! *sticks tongue out*

Docta Corvina

Imperials have always appealed to me more than the other human races (I've noticed I generally go human in fantasy games), so I tend to play them.

I couldn't agree more, man. I fell in love with Imperials by way of this game and have so far played two such characters in Skyrim and went with an Imperial character in Oblivion. It's a pattern I don't see breaking.

I suspect my undying passion for ancient Romans and their history may have something to do with it. And I suppose in that way, Nordic is indeed right. :p However, the love of my Skyrim life is a Nord. So, I have nothing against Nords in general - I just don't see myself ever playing 'em.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts