• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Henry McDonald

{Prodigy}................
i would like to know because i plan i making a wood elf and making his archery his main weapon

Ryan Veatch

Well I play on the XBOX 360, but I also own a PS3. To me, the controls are similiar and the idea would be the same. Hold down Right Trigger, aim around with analog stick, and release the trigger whenever you want to arrow to go off. I'm a Wood Elf Stealth archer and I'm glad I went with it. It's very fun, and after I made my Daedric bow from smithing, I can 1 shot a Frost Troll at level 30 xD

So to answer your question.... No, it shouldnt' be too hard. You get a slow motion within the tree after a few points making it much easier btw

Titanburner

Premium Member
it depends on if your use to playing on pc. pc makes it way to easy to shoot in any game!
I agree with this, although it isn't necessarily "hard" on the console, Mouse will always prevail in a FPS type weapon.

Volcon

I'm currently rocking a pretty sweet elven bow enchanted with shock, but I have to admit, the slow attack rate and low damage of bows makes it difficult to level archery as a primary combat attribute. More often than not I am fighting one or two dudes in a cramped dungeon and just don't need the bow. On the other hand, the wide open fights with dragons definitely benefit from, if not require the use of ranged weapons.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
I'm currently rocking a pretty sweet elven bow enchanted with shock, but I have to admit, the slow attack rate and low damage of bows makes it difficult to level archery as a primary combat attribute. More often than not I am fighting one or two dudes in a cramped dungeon and just don't need the bow. On the other hand, the wide open fights with dragons definitely benefit from, if not require the use of ranged weapons.

All you need to do is crouch down and make sure you can get a stealth kill. I too used to feel how you felt. My archer (Khajiit) can't deal as much damage as my Nord. But, I worked on stealth and archer skills and now I (I'm only level 10) can take out your average guard or bandit.

just curious as i never play stealt, im more,, I am The dadday lets rumble type player....

what happens when you stealth kill someone with a bow as say a wood elf, then the rest of the camp detects you and start running at you, is your stealth carater still usefull toe to toe, or do you have to run and come back and try and stealth again?

if you do go toe to toe do you get a sword or something out or do you still persist with bow and arrow?

Kasha

My khajiit is a swordmage, and it works out well in stealth. shoot a dude in the face kill him, if others come, just do a shout. they get closer pull out sword and fire spell, well you get the rest.

Titanburner

Premium Member
just curious as i never play stealt, im more,, I am The dadday lets rumble type player....

what happens when you stealth kill someone with a bow as say a wood elf, then the rest of the camp detects you and start running at you, is your stealth carater still usefull toe to toe, or do you have to run and come back and try and stealth again?

if you do go toe to toe do you get a sword or something out or do you still persist with bow and arrow?
If your good, you dont get detected and silently pick off everyone in the camp one by one :)

I just started with my wood elf stealth archer a few nights back, but I've found a lot of times, as long as you remain in stealth, the other badguys will just look around in a sort of "where-did-that-come-from???" panic. And as the man said, stay in stealth and drop them one by one.

And if they should detect and then rush you, I've found if you don't panic you can drop at least one more as they rush, then nail the next one with a bow bash and stick an arrow into him as he staggers back. The bow bash is incredibly handy.

If your good, you dont get detected and silently pick off everyone in the camp one by one :)

What about when you get into a boss fight. ive run into a few super healthy bosses, that take lots of magika shots and i hit over 100 per shot. i just cant imagine how long it would take with a steathy charater.

also what about dragons? i do actually find them pretty easy but how long does a kill take with a bow?

ive been useing the weekend but only for hunting for souls, even a deer takes a couple shots...

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
That's what I did in a level, just shot my way through all these bandits with my bow. I find controller easier (and I'm using it on PC o_O).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts