Is anyone else happy the creators of Skyrim only put in 24 stones of Barenziah?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I use to play another role playing game, it was GTA San Andreas and GTA IV.

I consider it a mix between a role playing game, a 3rd person shooter, and a driving game, but you do get to live out a character even if it's the same one that everyone else is who plays it.

So heres my deal with those games. The object of 100% completion was impossible unless you had tons of time to kill, wanted to win a pissing contest with other GTA IV players, and were unemployed living in your mom's basement with a court ordered Psychiatrist on the side.

There were 200 flying rats in GTA IV.

GTA SA It's been a while but I do recall there were tags to spray paint and I think hidden boxes.

Basically there was so much stuff out there, that nobody I know would waste their time bothering with the achievement.

This 24 Stones of Barenziah is doable though. 24 stones I can manage as opposed to 200 pigeons. As far as games with these types of side quests, this is actually a good number, not too small, and definitely not too large.

Thank you Bethesda, seems you got a gamers input when you put this sidequest together.

Also the bonus is actually pretty useful since I like smithing a lot of jewelry and gathering up lots of silver and gold ore from The Reach. Its also a fast way to level up your smithing and make some decent gold on the side as well.

Of all the games I've played with this type of mission this was the only one where they seem to get it right.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I use to play another role playing game, it was GTA San Andreas and GTA IV.

I consider it a mix between a role playing game, a 3rd person shooter, and a driving game, but you do get to live out a character even if it's the same one that everyone else is who plays it.

So heres my deal with those games. The object of 100% completion was impossible unless you had tons of time to kill, wanted to win a pissing contest with other GTA IV players, and were unemployed living in your mom's basement with a court ordered Psychiatrist on the side.

There were 200 flying rats in GTA IV.

GTA SA It's been a while but I do recall there were tags to spray paint and I think hidden boxes.

Basically there was so much stuff out there, that nobody I know would waste their time bothering with the achievement.

This 24 Stones of Barenziah is doable though. 24 stones I can manage as opposed to 200 pigeons. As far as games with these types of side quests, this is actually a good number, not too small, and definitely not too large.

Thank you Bethesda, seems you got a gamers input when you put this sidequest together.

Also the bonus is actually pretty useful since I like smithing a lot of jewelry and gathering up lots of silver and gold ore from The Reach. Its also a fast way to level up your smithing and make some decent gold on the side as well.

Of all the games I've played with this type of mission this was the only one where they seem to get it right.
I got 100% of SanAndreas

Ritterkreuz

I've never completed this quest, and with most runs through the game refuse to even pick up one. It's just too annoying for me.

This is my favorite . I know the location of all 24 by heart . I think, I may have to much time to kill ;) or perhaps find something , else to do . You all know at my age WORK is a 4 letter word , :sleepyface:

NachyoChez

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the Stones at all if they just operated correctly. Being able to stack would be a good start, being able to be put in a container would be a great one. To knock it out of the park, they should have made a quest indicator trigger when one was removed from your inventory... mmmm, thrall tracking!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I don't even bother with it. Since I won't steal in the game, it makes it nearly impossible for me to collect all of them unless I murder everybody, I really have no way of getting them. Besides, the reward just isn't that great and 24 of them is just too many to worry about. Even if you do, it's one TACKY crown.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I don't even bother with it. Since I won't steal in the game, it makes it nearly impossible for me to collect all of them unless I murder everybody, I really have no way of getting them. Besides, the reward just isn't that great and 24 of them is just too many to worry about. Even if you do, it's one TACKY crown.
I thought that they are not marked as stealing, and you can just walk straight into their house and take it.
I've never run in to one that is actually "stealing", but, walking in to somebody else's space and taking something (even if it's not marked as stealing) is still stealing. Example: walk in to Arcadia's Cauldron in White-run and there are plenty of items that just say "take" on them - I still consider it stealing since I didn't pay for it and figure, what kind of idiot is just going to give stuff away for free anyhow? Example2: If you walk in to the Arch Mage's quarters at the College of Winterhold, you can just pick the gem up and take it even if you're not the Arch Mage. Sorry - but I just walked in to your bedroom and took something off your shelf. It wasn't marked as "stealing" so I have every right to take it. Sure - he says - and I have the right to kill you with impugnity because you're not marked as "essential" and you're on my property - and proceeds to blast me with 20 fireballs until I'm a pile of ash on the floor with a pretty pink gem buried in the ashes.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I agree. No Stone Unturned was executed very, very well. I've had builds that focus on getting it done early and it's always well worth it.

I found out that if you just collect all 24 with out talking to Vex , all 24 are held in 1 container . Then I turn all 24 at same time.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I found out that if you just collect all 24 with out talking to Vex , all 24 are held in 1 container . Then I turn all 24 at same time.
last I checked there was a bug in the Vanilla Game that prevented you from being able to complete the quest if you collect them all before talking to her.

last I checked there was a bug in the Vanilla Game that prevented you from being able to complete the quest if you collect them all before talking to her.

Well I got 24 last time then spoke to Vex and she went in to her dialoge , and after that I turned them all in went and got the Crown and never a glitch or anything . they were all in a group 24 and not spred all over my inventory . Any way I'm doin it the same way again on this build . Xbox is what i run , mabye this time it will glitch , who knows with this buggie game :rolleyes:

Rimfaxe96

Never really bothered getting those stones and the only time I did I went ahead and used console commands.

Plus, they don't need more of collectable stuff. The world is so big it would be too easy to find them if they did. Just like these East Empire Company Pendants which are added by the Dragonborn DLC, there isn't a lot of them but you're actually able to find them.
When playing Assassin's Creed (1) there were so many flags to collect I actually felt like getting them all. But it isn't much of a challenge if you're standing on a rooftop and immediatly see 3 flags in the distance.

I thought that they are not marked as stealing, and you can just walk straight into their house and take it.
I've never run in to one that is actually "stealing", but, walking in to somebody else's space and taking something (even if it's not marked as stealing) is still stealing. Example: walk in to Arcadia's Cauldron in White-run and there are plenty of items that just say "take" on them - I still consider it stealing since I didn't pay for it and figure, what kind of idiot is just going to give stuff away for free anyhow? Example2: If you walk in to the Arch Mage's quarters at the College of Winterhold, you can just pick the gem up and take it even if you're not the Arch Mage. Sorry - but I just walked in to your bedroom and took something off your shelf. It wasn't marked as "stealing" so I have every right to take it. Sure - he says - and I have the right to kill you with impugnity because you're not marked as "essential" and you're on my property - and proceeds to blast me with 20 fireballs until I'm a pile of ash on the floor with a pretty pink gem buried in the ashes.

That is correct Daelon . Avoid any one's line of sight and , make sure you crouch when taking a stone. I can walk right in to the tres house in Markath and stop at the front counter , talk to that npc then go to the lady at the desk around the corner and talk to her . Next pick the lock on the Big Shots door , walk right past him go into bed room and take the Gem right off the shelf , then walk right out ...... N.P. :beermug:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts