Is anyone else a Nord and still shorter than everyone?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jep

In third-person, I look shorter than about 85% of all NPCs, regardless of their race. I thought Nords were one of the tallest races. Oddly, even when I look about even in height to someone in third-person, I'm actually looking up at them in first-person. I'm starting to think it's a glitch.

Jep

Can anyone help me? If you're a Nord, just tell me if you feel shorter or taller than NPCs. That's all I want to know.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
usually, in fps games, your pov isn't actually from your character's eye. It might be different for Skyrim though. I'm not sure. It's a shame they don't have a height slider

Jack Fulham

Premium Member
It's seems Nord's are lot more imperial esque in Skyrim. I preferred the thick bold talking brutes you got in Morrowind and Oblivion.

madmandoo

Well, if you're playing the game on a pc (which everybody should...), you could always console it: "getscale" then "setscale" to any variable. Preferably between 1.0-1.05 should be enough, but this only fixes the third-person perspective. I was wondering why in third person I stood taller than 75% of Skyrim's population but in first person I was shorter than everyone.