• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ryokozan

Im currently using a stealth archer build and was wondering if I should add Alchemy into it or if i should train something else instead.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
yeah you should, just because alchemy is awesome.

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre
It might prove useful when the arrows you have don't amount up to your enemy's strength. You never know: a crafted Ravage Health poison could turn the tables in an instant...

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
I think it's worth it. Even if you don't use what you make, you'll be able to sell some of them for pretty coin.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
For me it is a good early money maker, and as an archer, the Slow Poison is such a good tool to have available. With no perks in Alchemy, you can use Deathbell (plenty south of Solitude) and Salt Pile (everywhere) to make 50% slow for 20-30 seconds! This has come in handy for me so many times, like when I can't sneak up on something or a Cave Bear ambushes me in the wild. The hired thugs come after me blindsided around a corner so I just slow all 3 of them instead of getting dominated. They are enemies that can sprint, so it really does make a difference.

Or you could use Paralyze poisons and +Archery damage% potions. Actually I mean yeah there is a heck of a lot you can do with Alchemy. The downside for me is constantly collecting ingredients and having to sort all the random stuff out and turn it into potions ranked by value to help with level-ups and sale prices. I'm on PC, so it isn't a hassle for me to have a stack of Slow Poisons in the Favorites bar, hit Q, poison the arrow that way is much better than going into the menu system and constantly pausing combat.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts