Is 5 out of 5 in Haggling worth it?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wishmaker1234

Speaker to the Dazed
Yeah im making a thief character and i decided to add speech in but i feel that 5 out of 5 in haggling is to much what should I do. I also thought about using the perks saved in illusion or destruction

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
No, its not. Speech/Lockpicking/Pickpocket are all useless perk trees even for a thief. The only exception to it is if you like the fun little things that you can get through them, but it really adds nothing to your character build power-wise. If you like what the perk gives you though, of course you should get it, this is merely my own opinion.

I think you'd be better off taking those perks and looking to improve your Illusion/Destruction skills trees or any other tree you may like such as Enchanting or Alchemy, I think you might find it to be much more useful in practical terms. If you really think about it, Haggling only gives you a slight bonus when buying/selling items but is acquiring money really that much of a problem?

Wishmaker1234

Speaker to the Dazed
No, its not. Speech/Lockpicking/Pickpocket are all useless perk trees even for a thief. The only exception to it is if you like the fun little things that you can get through them, but it really adds nothing to your character build power-wise. If you like what the perk gives you though, of course you should get it, this is merely my own opinion.

I think you'd be better off taking those perks and looking to improve your Illusion/Destruction skills trees or any other tree you may like such as Enchanting or Alchemy, I think you might find it to be much more useful in practical terms. If you really think about it, Haggling only gives you a slight bonus when buying/selling items but is acquiring money really that much of a problem?
Thanks, i might make a nightblade type character although. I dont really like alchemy,enchanting, and smithing my last character i went a little overboard and one shot everything.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Thanks, i might make a nightblade type character although. I dont really like alchemy,enchanting, and smithing my last character i went a little overboard and one shot everything.

Nightblades are great, one thing you could try is taking those perks you wanted to invest in Haggling and putting them in Conjuration to focus on a bound weapons character build, alchemy/enchanting/smithing doesn't effect these so it will save perks and won't allow you to become too OP.

Wishmaker1234

Speaker to the Dazed
Nightblades are great, one thing you could try is taking those perks you wanted to invest in Haggling and putting them in Conjuration to focus on a bound weapons character build, alchemy/enchanting/smithing doesn't effect these so it will save perks and won't allow you to become too OP.
Thanks, I think I will try that I wont use bound bow though it broke my game my last profile.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts