• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What other challenges would be fun?

• None, this is the only fun one!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pete

Well, I'm currently doing a minor variation of the iron challenge on master difficulty. I've decided smithing, alchemy and scrolls are ok. Only magic is restoration. Max allowed bow for me is the hunters bow. I'm so tempted to use silver weapons too, as they very helpful against undead and are otherwise very basic.

ShadowGambit

Iron Armor can reach the cap, without shield, if you go full swing Alchemy/Enchanting, with smithing at 100.

You will need 4 pieces of +29% smithing and potion of Smithing +147%. You also need Juggernaut 4/5 and Matching set.

Also, with Armsman 5 and an iron weapon fully enchanted, you should do around 190+ damage per hit, not counting sneak attack or potion here.

With the crafting allowed, there is no real challenge anymore I feel like.

Raygc1

That's for sure, Raygc1. That's a damn good challenge. I pick 'em off of dead people to sell only, not use. I'm a lvl 10 Orc, and in trying to stay true to the homeland, I'm planning on kitting myself out on Orc gear. My Orc ancestors would be most displeased if I did not. but your IRON idea? Yeah, that's what I'll use in my third playthrough. A destruction mage who shuns the magical robes, thus choosing iron armor and weapons. Should be good and challenging. :)
Thanks! If you're doing this on youtube or something, can you put the link of this forum in the description?

Neriad13

Premium Member
That's for sure, Raygc1. That's a damn good challenge. I pick 'em off of dead people to sell only, not use. I'm a lvl 10 Orc, and in trying to stay true to the homeland, I'm planning on kitting myself out on Orc gear. My Orc ancestors would be most displeased if I did not. but your IRON idea? Yeah, that's what I'll use in my third playthrough. A destruction mage who shuns the magical robes, thus choosing iron armor and weapons. Should be good and challenging. :)

If not outright impossible, if you don't do enchanting. I tried doing a battlemage in heavy armor without enchanting and ended up using one-handed a whole lot more destruction, since my magicka ran out so fast.

perkecet

Iron Armor can reach the cap, without shield, if you go full swing Alchemy/Enchanting, with smithing at 100.

You will need 4 pieces of +29% smithing and potion of Smithing +147%. You also need Juggernaut 4/5 and Matching set.

Also, with Armsman 5 and an iron weapon fully enchanted, you should do around 190+ damage per hit, not counting sneak attack or potion here.

With the crafting allowed, there is no real challenge anymore I feel like.
i agree with your point overall, but do you seriously still use that method to get super OP items? thats a gigantic waste of time. you just use the fortify restoration glitch and get potions of fortify smithing 5000% in a matter of minutes, or continue for a few more minutes and have potions so strong they literally cause the game to crash. if anyone still goes through the alchemy/enchanting loop to dick around and get stupidly powerful things i have pity on you.

but, like i've said, if you craft AT ALL this challenge is null and void, don't even bother.

This is a great challenge man. I think many people will try to do it. Keep putting them up

Click the eggs it helps

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Thanks! If you're doing this on youtube or something, can you put the link of this forum in the description?

Sorry, man, but I don't do youtube. I mean, I'll look and search on it, but no posting. Besides, that ironclad battlemage is a ways off on the horizon. I still gotta get my current Orc on the ass-kickery trail. :D

If not outright impossible, if you don't do enchanting. I tried doing a battlemage in heavy armor without enchanting and ended up using one-handed a whole lot more destruction, since my magicka ran out so fast.

Ha ha. Why am I not surprised? Good to know, Neriad, and thanks for the tip. Must enchant. Must enchant. Might take me forever to reach a double-digit level. :)

osheao

pure iron sounds like a great DiD roleplay!

smith only current weapons and armor. no magic. no re-enchantment. no restoration, buy potions only. no alchemy. no exploits. smith only what you mine or loot. limited encumbrance and all items have weight: assign realistic "slots" for weapons.

Honeyderp

Iron? How about clothed cat with no weapon? That could be interesting....

On topic, really cool post. Will try it after above

Iceman053

Hi guys, it's raygc1, and i have a unique challenge. It's called the iron challenge.

n00b Rules:
.When you start the game,you can only pick up iron weapons and shields. Remove the tunic and footwraps until you can get some Iron Armor
.Use IRON WEAPONS AND ARMOR ONLY(Including followers)
.Since there isn't a bow that is improved by iron that i know of, you have to use a long bow.
.You can still make other weapons and armor, but you cannot use them. Sell them!
.You can play on any difficulty, but it's the funnest on Master.
.Enchanting AND Smithing is allowed, but you're a little girl with no life if you do.
.The ONLY exception is the banded Iron Shield and Banded Iron Armor. It uses Condornium ingots, but it's made MOSTLY with iron.

HARDCORE RULES:
.When you start the game,you can only pick up iron weapons and shields. Remove the tunic and footwraps until you can get some Iron Armor.
.Use IRON WEAPONS AND ARMOR ONLY!(Including followers)
.Since there isn't a bow that is improved by iron that i know of, you have to use a long bow.
.NO Enchanting, NO Smithing, and NO Upgrading.
.Expert and Master difficulty ONLY.
.You can PICK UP other weapons and armor types, but you cannot use them.SELL THEM!

Iron Items that can be used in the challenge: Iron Sword, Iron Mace, Iron Warhammer, Iron Arrow, Iron War Axe, Iron Dagger, Iron Battleaxe, Iron Greatsword, Iron Gauntlets, Iron Boots, Iron Helmet, Iron Armor, Banded Iron Armor, Iron Shield, Banded Iron Shield, Ancient Nord Armor set. Let me know if i missed any.

The reason why i made this challenge is because not a whole lot of people that I know of use Iron Armor for long periods of time. Also, Since it's not a super good armor, I'd like to see how well people can use iron. Probably tons, but it's still fun to challenge yourself this way.You can post how long it took to beat the main story with this challenge, I really don't care. I hope you have fun with this challenge!:)

Links to my other challenges:
Khajiit Caravan Challenge
Leather Challenge
I'm doing a similar build using a nord female with ancient nord armor and bow with arrows and sword. Only upgrading at smithy. No enchantments and only First healing spell. Been fun so far. I only loot AN arrows and gold no chests or mining. Only exception is quest related items.

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts