Iron Armour (Dovakinn is not the shizz)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Argonianale7

Sheratopia
How is that armour going to protect him from dragons? Why doesn't he wear Steel Plate or Daedric or something with an armour rating above 100, once he starts seeing Revered,Ancient and Legendary dragons he's as good as dead. Also why isn't he a High Elf he should be.

Generally Crappy

Member in Good Standing of House Redoran
Pssh, Dovahkiin could dominate a legendary dragon in his birthday suit, he doesn't need that daedric crap.

Well, he is a nord. Nords are kinda the barbarian class. Steel plate is more standardized, while iron armor is ramshackle and interesting. Daedric would make him look like a bad guy, which they likely don't want. And why should he be an elf at all? Skyrim is the modern home of the nords.

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
I think that from a LORE perspective, the Dragonborn is supposed to be a Nord. I mean, the game takes in Skyrim, their home, and Tiber Septim, another DB, was also a Nord. But TES is all about choice, and race and armor are one of those choices.

Thallik the Orc

Blacksmith
if the dovahkiin is the savior of SKYRIM then why would he be a high elf? hell im an orc and still think that its only fitting for the dovahkiin to be a nord.

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
Also, how do you know that iron armor is not upgraded to legendary and heavily enchanted? I did that once, just for kicks.

Generally Crappy

I think that from a LORE perspective, the Dragonborn is supposed to be a Nord. I mean, the game takes in Skyrim, their home, and Tiber Septim, another DB, was also a Nord. But TES is all about choice, and race and armor are one of those choices.

The thing is, Tiber Septim wasn't the only dragonborn. For example, Reman Cyrodil, another dragonborn, was an Imperial. The dragonborn can be any race, and have it make just as much sense as a Nord.

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
That's true. I guess a Dragonborn could come from anyone. So I will revise my statement: the Dragonborn on the cover is a Nord because the game takes place in Skyrim, their home. There is no one race that should or shouldn't have a Dragonborn anymore than the others.

Generally Crappy

Lol, I think we're getting a little off topic here :) . Anyway, am I the only one that thinks Banded Iron Armor looks absolutely badass, especially with the Konahrik mask?

imINxile

Lol, I think we're getting a little off topic here :) . Anyway, am I the only one that thinks Banded Iron Armor looks absolutely badass, especially with the Konahrik mask?

I agree. Some of the lower level armors are the best looking to me. More fitting to the overall setting if yknow what I mean. Man I enchanted @ least 4 different sets of scaled armor on my first nord just because it 'fit'..