Introduction... Hello!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
Not exactly accustomed to having to IMMEDIATELY consult a forum upon starting a game, but I can't even move around without getting hung up on a frigging wall and getting killed before I can even do ANYTHING!

Attempting to play Skyrim on PC. Supposedly hitting the F key changes to "3rd person" view, whatever that is, but F makes no difference at all...

I'm not a pro gamer and I am coming from Dragon Age: Origins, where you can look at things from an over-head, tactical perspective and actually see what is around you so you don't go buming into walls when you are trying to move. This is very frustrating and I am considering returning the game.

Let me make this clear. I am in the opening of the game where I need to get to the keep, but I keep running into walls, then can't turn or move and getting damaged by SOMETHING until I die. this sucks.

Verses

3rd person view on pc is accessible by either pressing ''F'' or use the scroll wheel on your mouse to zoom in and out

about the bumping into walls and getting stuck, i have never ever gotten stuck because of a wall. yes sometimes indeed you bump into a wall walking backwards in first person view but you don't get stuck.
Do you literally get stuck?!

And perhaps it's an option to change the difficulty level. Go to the menu and then 'Options'>'Gameplay'

I hope i helped you out a bit.
If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask:)

Just where are you in the opening sequence? If you have jumped out of the tower, into the burning building, the best advice is to follow the white arrow, which will guide you to Helgen Keep.

theoduck

Hi everyone. Well I got out of the keep pretty much because everyone else killed everything before I could even target an enemy. Now I'm being devoured by wolves. How do you fight? They hit me 400 times before I can even swing at them. Why can't the game figure out not to attack air?

theoduck

So you have to get killed by the thing, then reload so you know it's there, then figure out how to switch to melee weapons, then spend 75% of your health getting the cursor onto one enemy -- then they move so it's a moot point.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts