• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
First, isn't it more "species" than "race?" Aren't Nords and Imperials, for example, both human? I would think that if it were r/l, say, Nords and Redgaurd, could reproduce, I don't know about Khajit and Orcs, though. But, shows you what a nerd I am I guess, just to be thinking about it.

Redguard, Imperial, Nord and Breton are all races of human. They can all reproduce together. Though not at the same time. Well, they could at the same time, but not in polite circles of society.

Wood Elf, High Elf, Dark elf, Orc are all races of elf, or mer. They could all reproduce together, though I'm most mer would rather fornicate themselves with an iron stick than have any carnal relations with an orc.

Bretons, being humans of mixed elven decent are good evidence that men and mer can and have made babies together.

Khajiit and Argonian are beast-folk. While some Khajiit believe in creation myths that claim they have kinship with the bosmer, there's good evidence this is not true, and the Khajiit inhabited Tamriel long before the elves settled there.

The beast races are unrelated to men or mer (or one another) and probably can not reproduce with anyone but their own species. And they're probably fine with that. Because you guys can't even breath underwater, and have no tails and don't even make your business in a sandbox. Barbarians.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Also let it be known to people using the console commands, that changing sex can have some very strange effects on the player model, where the face will look... ridiculous and the neck wont match up with the body (when naked and unarmoured).
This man speaks the truth.
skyrimSexChange.jpg

Xarnac

Oh yeah...

ScreenShot79.jpg

ScreenShot78.jpg

ScreenShot77.jpg

ScreenShot76.jpg

And it can obviously get a lot weirder than that.

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
Lore-wise, "crossbreeds" arn't possible. Taken from the in-game book 'Racial Phylogeny':
"After much analysis of living specimens, the Council long ago determined that all "races" of elves and humans may mate with each other and bear fertile offspring. Generally the offspring bear the racial traits of the mother, though some traces of the father's race may also be present."
It does mention further down that Orcs, Argonians and Khajiit are not fully understood though, and may not comply to these rules.

Personally, I wouldn't like to be a crossbreed anyway. You'd be shunned by all of the races then.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom

deacon8

Ohhh, you beat me to it. I was going to bring up that book. I need to go find a copy so I can have an accurate reference. However, I believe that it mentions there has been a case of an orc/human interbreeding. It also mentions that Khajiit and Argonians would most likely not be able to breed with men or mer because their reproductive systems are far too different (not to mention chromosomes). I might be a little off-base on that--it has been a while since I have read the book. I think it does say that though.

Actually, it does say there has been a case of orc/human. And I can think of one off the top of my head: The Grey Prince! However, as far as Khajiit and Argonians are concerned, I would say that is a "no-go." haha

Xarnac

All races (and even species) can intermingle, Gods willing.

Threadmate?

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
I would say that an Argonian/Human hybrid would be just a scaly human being. Minus the hair because I dont see how hair could grow through scales. But still have the same body shape of a human and nose shape and head shape and all that, but with reptilian eyes. That's just my hypothesis.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts