• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HermaeusMora

Did Any of you experience this, or does the game hate me this much? Sucks because I needed the Greybeards to show me the locations of the shouts, but now, that won't be happening, the Greybeards hate me now for killing a Dragon I didn't even lay a finger on.

HermaeusMora

What's insane to me are those loading times! Yikes.

Do you have a prior save?[/quote

I have this ENB on that lowers my FPS rate pretty bad. I do have a previous save file, but it keeps happening regardless. I'm going to have to Google the shout locations now, because the GreyBeards aren't helping me, lol.

Drecon

The greybeards don't really show you any shouts. It kind of depends on where you are in the quest if you really need them for anything. I think the fact that Paarthunax was killable is a good sign that you don't really need him anymore.

And I agree about the loading times. Mine aren't usually even long enough to read all the text.

HermaeusMora

The greybeards don't really show you any shouts. It kind of depends on where you are in the quest if you really need them for anything. I think the fact that Paarthunax was killable is a good sign that you don't really need him anymore.

And I agree about the loading times. Mine aren't usually even long enough to read all the text.

Oh, they don't? Someone said they show you all the shouts, I've been misinformed.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Haven't encountered this glitch.

I do agree those load times were long, but they're not THAT far from what I experience regularly on the XBox. I often go to the bathroom, pet my dog, or fart/enjoy my fart while waiting, lol.

Xivia4

Oh, they don't? Someone said they show you all the shouts, I've been misinformed.
Just use shouts in cities with a lot of people around. Don't commit a crime, though. Then the courier should come around and deliver a letter from a friend telling you of the location of a new shout.

RTSullivan-DragonBorn

Premium Member
It doesn't matter if you kill Paarthunax becuase Delphine and Esbern help you which then starts up the blades and Esbern gives you dragon locations some of them have shouts. Also letters from "a friend".

HermaeusMora

It doesn't matter if you kill Paarthunax becuase Delphine and Esbern help you which then starts up the blades and Esbern gives you dragon locations some of them have shouts. Also letters from "a friend".

Oh, really? If that's the case I don't really care if Paarthurnax is dead or not, I was just worried I wouldn't learn all the shout locations. I know about the letter from a friend, I've gotten a few those. I heard Esbern makes a this potion aswell.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I know this doesn't help you Hermaeus, but as long as you do not select the dialogue that says "the Blades want me to kill Paarthanax" when you're talking to the greybeards, and you do not kill Paarthanax, you can continue to get word locations from them. The only bad thing is the Blades will refuse to help you until you actually kill Paarthanax.

But that glitch was... just..... horrible. :eek:

HermaeusMora

I know this doesn't help you Hermaeus, but as long as you do not select the dialogue that says "the Blades want me to kill Paarthanax" when you're talking to the greybeards, and you do not kill Paarthanax, you can continue to get word locations from them. The only bad thing is the Blades will refuse to help you until you actually kill Paarthanax.

But that glitch was... just..... horrible. :eek:[/quote

When I head to my quest log, and I see the "Paarthurnax" quest, the first quest, which is to kill Paarthurnax, has already been shaded in, which means it's completed. I didn't even touch the guy, well Dragon. Doesn't matter, though. I just uploaded this video because I found this glitch hilarious. Esbern teaches you the locations of the Dragon shouts, anyway.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts