• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShadowMage

Article Writer
All that I know is. . .
1) There are files in patch 1.5 that indicate that Dawnguard might include snow elves and crossbows.
2) Dawnguard is the mythic dawn warrior, meaning that the DLC might include Daedra or Mehrunes Dagon, and seeing that we haven't had any Mehrunes Dagon DLC. . .(Oblivion's main quest isn't dlc.)

Docta Corvina

This is a theory I heard when the "Dawnguard" patent was filed by Beth. Based on what I've been reading on other gaming sites and some reading about Oblivion, I could definitely see this as a plausibility!

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
2) Dawnguard is the mythic dawn warrior...

You sure about that? I can't seem to find any references to any "Mystic Dawn Warrior". Point me in the right direction? I'd like to read it. Thanks.

That's like a Guard (occupation) of the Mythic Dawn though... seems too easy. I would hope it turns out to be something grander. We'll see I guess. Thanks for the link.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
You sure about that? I can't seem to find any references to any "Mystic Dawn Warrior". Point me in the right direction? I'd like to read it. Thanks.

That's like a Guard (occupation) of the Mythic Dawn though... seems too easy. I would hope it turns out to be something grander. We'll see I guess. Thanks for the link.

I meant guard. And it is Mythic Dawn guard, maybe to do with the daedra.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I meant guard. And it is Mythic Dawn guard, maybe to do with the daedra.

Aww okay, kinda disappointed then. Thought it was referring to some legendary warrior of the past like Red Eagle or something. Thanks for clarifying.

Necromis

even though there are 3-4 other threads about this I will make my comment, too. LOL Why would Bethesda make a DLC with basically the same main foe as Oblivion? Wouldn't that basically make it a rehash instead of something fresh and new?

Harperlarp

Who says the mythic dawn would be the enemy? Maybe the snow elves are the villains, snow elf prince sounds like a boss fight to me lol.

Netprints

The only thing I could think of is Dawnstar. That you are guarding Dawnstar,(dawnguard) So I looked up the lore for Dawnstar via skyrim's wiki site, via here. What we know so far is there something to do with snow elves. Here is the important information.

Dawnstar was once besieged by the mysterious Ice Tribes, who may have been of some relation to the ancient Falmer. The town's four champions attempted to negotiate with the tribes, led raids against them and turned to the Emperor for help, but to no avail. The tribes attacked the town, and the walls barely held.

Pretty much it states that the snow elves got into a conflict at dawn star, I assume some of them went underground and became the Falmer but seeing that Dawnstar is on the coast of skyrim, I think some of them escaped to sea and are now returning.

Just a theory, probably isn't even close to being correct.

Adam Warlock

Snow Elf Princes sound like a perfect foe to dual-cast Incincerate spell at !
Bring `em on !!!

Train

Is that all you got?!
Okay, I think I'm just confused now...have you guys already done everything there is to do in Skyrim or something? That's a lot of gameplay, and I obviously have a lot of catching up to do. I still haven't restored the Thieves Guild, only learned maybe 10-15 shouts, I've only done 12 side quests, I've maybe found over 3/4 of all the dungeons but only explored half of those. Most of the magic skills I've hardly even touch, I would like to one day build up a powerful mage if I could just hold interest in it. Stealth I've dealt with a little more, but for the most part it's about like magic, I just lose interest and never stick to the character as long as a warrior. I've probably done maybe half of the possible misc quests, but a lot of those are repeats like killing bandits for the Jarls. I've only been Thane of maybe 3-4 of the Jarls, I'm wanting to have a character that has the title in all nine holds. Yes, I have done all the Daedric quests, but that was to get the achievement...but I think there's one I haven't done because I did do the little trick with Hircine.

Basically, what I'm saying in regards to Dawnguard or any DLC for that matter...well, I'll let Peter say it...he does a much better job I think:

:D:D:D

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
The only thing I could think of is Dawnstar. That you are guarding Dawnstar,(dawnguard) So I looked up the lore for Dawnstar via skyrim's wiki site, via here. What we know so far is there something to do with snow elves. Here is the important information.

Dawnstar was once besieged by the mysterious Ice Tribes, who may have been of some relation to the ancient Falmer. The town's four champions attempted to negotiate with the tribes, led raids against them and turned to the Emperor for help, but to no avail. The tribes attacked the town, and the walls barely held.

Pretty much it states that the snow elves got into a conflict at dawn star, I assume some of them went underground and became the Falmer but seeing that Dawnstar is on the coast of skyrim, I think some of them escaped to sea and are now returning.

Now THAT is a good find for a Theory! I don't mind the idea of The Mythic Dawn coming back, but this seems more sensible.

I just can't say that they would go back to the whole "Mythic Dawn" thing either. They could if they wanted to, but I just have a feeling that they won't do that. I do admit I would have LOVED to go into an Obilivion Gate agian with the new Skyrim Graphic Engine. I'm sure it was be wild...

... But "Reinstating a Legendy Guard of Dawnstar to battle a Falmer/snow elf threat that is rising again" sounds like alot better Theory for the DLC to me so far.

Adam Warlock

So where do the vampires fit into this since they were also in the patch items with the snow elves ?
Could Dawnguard have them as allies of some sort with the cult ?
Perhaps dawn refers to Dawnbreaker , not Dawnstar ?
Bethesda is tighter with their info than an insider stock trader .

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr

ShadowMage

Article Writer

Good first post. :)

This theory is connected to the patch files that Bethesda put in patch 1.5. Maybe a courier will give you a letter to save Dawnstar, but you will fall into a hole once you try to save them. Then you will meet the snow elf prince wielding a crossbow who may or may not be the antagonist of the dlc. That's what I got for now.

Maybe we should look at the relationship between the older DLC names and their contents.

MoulinRouge

Doesn't Tamriel mean "Dawns beauty" or"Beauty of Dawn"? Maybe Dawnguard could mean something related to that? Just throwing theories out there.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts