PC Increasing FPS - low end PC! HELP!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

EbonyManBoobs

in other words Ebony Armour -.-
Hey!
I just bought skyrim on the PC and my LAPTOP isnt the best :sadface: which soon i will be buying a proper gaming computer.
I want to increase the FPS as much as possible!
My Specs:

Intel Core i3-380M
6gb DDR3 RAM
Intel HD Graphics < (i know its plops! but its all i got!)
500gb harddrive space

I have tried almost everything!
*changing the TESV.exe (abble to handle 2gb RAM or more)
*lowest settings
*Disk CLeanup and Disk Defrag
*Game Booster 3
*Configuring the SkyrimPref.ini
*Performance mods

Its just i see people on youtube with just under my specs and they did all the mods and they had playable lag not like 2-3 seconds lag when u use magic.

By the way i will be building my top of the range PC later

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
TESV.exe is obsolete. The ability to utilize more than 2GB of RAM was patched into the game months ago.

What makes you believe the people's computers you saw on Youtube were under your specs/

Rod Sandz

Hi there,

You should check out Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community
They have multiple patches, .ini files and other tweaks to help out folks in your situation.

Here are a few that seem to work fine:

USP - Ultimate Skyrim Performance at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community
Skyrim Performance PLUS at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community
Gigantic Skyrim FPS Performance Patch at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community
Skyrim Hyper Performance Boost for Low End Computers at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

According to the user comments, most of them should provide a 15-30fps boost to your current speeds.
Good luck and happy gaming!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
This isn't a mod and its title is misleading. It's a customized .ini file to remove shadows from the game used in conjunction with someone else's mod (and the pseudo-creator who posted it was banned from Nexus). I wouldn't bother downloading it. If you want the same effect you can simply edit your skyrimprefs.ini by finding bDrawShadows=1 and make it say bDrawShadows=0. You can download the Skyboost mod from the creator's host site but be forewarned that the latest version is an alpha version which is why he has not posted it to Nexus.

alphazomby

Have you tried this yet?

1. Go to Skyrim Launcher
2. Options
3. Aspect Ratio = Standard (4:3 or 5:4)
4. Resolution = 800x600 ( Tick Show All Resolutions)

It worked for me I used to get 10-15 fps but now I get 30 fps outside and 60+ in dungeons!

Hey!
I just bought skyrim on the PC and my LAPTOP isnt the best :sadface: which soon i will be buying a proper gaming computer.
I want to increase the FPS as much as possible!
My Specs:

Intel Core i3-380M
6gb DDR3 RAM
Intel HD Graphics < (i know its pl***! but its all i got!)
500gb harddrive space

I have tried almost everything!
*changing the TESV.exe (abble to handle 2gb RAM or more)
*lowest settings
*Disk CLeanup and Disk Defrag
*Game Booster 3
*Configuring the SkyrimPref.ini
*Performance mods

Its just i see people on youtube with just under my specs and they did all the mods and they had playable lag not like 2-3 seconds lag when u use magic.

By the way i will be building my top of the range PC later

Bro, bad news. With that GPU there is no way you are going to iuncrease your performance. I am surprised you can play at all with out constant CTD's textures becoming purple or just a black screen with no output from the GPU. I wouldn't recomend playing on a laptop at all but there are alot out there that have the capability to run skyrim on high and ultra. Your only hope is to simply get a better hardware platform. If you get a laptop be sure to check and see if the GPU shares the physical memory with other devices. Alot of them do so you will need to max out the ram in the machine and maybe add some flash memory to it and enable the readyboost if your running windows 7. Good luck bro.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts