PC Increase my Fps?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Boyd

Article Writah
Can any of you guys help me with my Fps? I have a 2 grand computer with a graphics card that says ATI Mobility RAEDON HD 4200 Series. My computer never lags.... until I get on Skyrim

Main Menu it says 30-31 fps then shoots up to 60 then to 20 then to 30.

When playing the game its 1-10 whenever... I don't know how people have 40-60 fps... Please help

Stone

Retired Moderator
We need more information. RAM, ect.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Stone is right; we'll need to know more about your system before we can offer any advice.

DirectX comes with a diagnostic tool which is very helpful for getting system information. Could you open your start menu, type in 'dxdiag', and press enter - and then tell us the following from the first tab of the program that pops up:

- Operating System
- Processor
- Memory
- DirectX Version
- Display driver (open the 'Display' tab and give us the name, chip type, and approx. total memory)

(Don't worry, dxdiag is purely a diagnostic tool and will not affect your system in any way.)

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Inspiron One 2305

AMD Athlon (tm) II X2 250u Processor (2 CPUs) ~1.6GHz

4096MB RAM

DirexctX 11

2287MB used, 5382MB available

ATI Mobility Raedon HD 4200 Series

ATI display adapter (0x9712)

Internal DAC(400MHz)

Generic PnPMonitor

I don't think that computer is designed for heavy gaming, it seems like an all round day to day use computer.

You'll need a much better CPU. The minimum requirement on Skyrim is Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor and the recommended one is a Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU.

The graphics card also will need an upgrade as but if you don't want to it will at least let you run Skyrim on medium or low at bearable FPS.

You definitely should just invest in a gaming computer. Laptops are overpriced and they seem to have got you with the 4GB RAM and the other flashy things. D:

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
There's a mod out that increases your Fps. This mod is called the TESV Acceleration Layer and it has been developed by someone who goes by the alias of Arisu, basically it is a plugin which optimizes the game’s code in CPU-heavy areas of the game.

Boyd

Article Writah
I have that... it increased it by 1.

I got a new mod that increases my main menu by 300... On main menu and [esc] button and [j] button I get 380-470 Fps...
Now in game I get 30-35 indoors, In cities 15-19, in Skyrim 25-30.

This is without Enb crap mods, and graphic mods.

I've also found that putting your thingy from 16:12 or whatever it is to 4:5 and putting resolution to 1024x720 or whatever it is, reduces the lag and gives you a higher fps

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Turning resolution to the lowest will also help. Play it in windowed mode so it doesn't look ugly. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts